2008 Year In Review comp [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Year In Review comp

3-LockBox
02-12-2009, 11:21 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=918ff734d738bb0d4012e8015643d9c88d8c1fa1 f8e3fe56

These are 320kbps mp3s.

I have no idea how to compile them into a running order, only to suggest this one:
Good Lies - The Notwist
A Fuller Moon - The Sea & Cake
Death By Fire - Land Of Talk
Wasted Time - The Morning Benders
Sound The Alarm - Sleepercar
Down On The Ground - British Sea Power
Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon
A State Of Mind - Marillion
Now You’re Gone - Secret Machines
Crying - TV on the Radio
An Eluardian Instance - Of Montreal
Yucatan Gold - Throw Me The Statue
All Kinds Of Love - Spiralling
Toys - Frost*
My Bleeding Hand - The Pineapple Thief
Stormy High - Black Mountain
November - Kingfisher Sky
One Day Like This - ElbowI realize that in today's mp3 world that one will rarely listen to a comp in its original order, so I didn't use any fades or segues from track to track, just the tracks as they appear on their respective CDs. If someone absolutely has to have a hard copy, PM me, and I may even get a CD-r in the mail sometime before spring.

3-LockBox
02-12-2009, 11:24 PM
If there's a better way to do this, by all means let me know

Slosh
02-13-2009, 05:34 AM
You just create an .m3u playlist file with MediaMonkey or Windows Media Player or Nero (to name a few). Nearly every media player or burner software will work with .m3u, including iTunes (although iTunes cannot create .m3u)

noddin0ff
02-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks, 3-Lock. Just got it downloaded and hope to listen shortly. Looking forward to it.

bobsticks
02-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Thanks T., there was a lot of unchartered territory for me on this. I snagged it last week and have been steadily familiarizing myself with its newness. For whatever reason, it was not what I expected, which is neither here nor there, but it's been a nice palette cleanser.

I'm diggin' "the Morning Benders" and "Frost". Any album recs?

3-LockBox
02-15-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm diggin' "the Morning Benders" and "Frost". Any album recs?

Since a lot of my tastes ran toward the proggy side of things the last few years, it is different for me as well. The Morning Benders is their debut, and Frost* (with asterik) has two albums, with two different singers.

The latest from Frost* is called Experiments In Mass Appeal, but is similar to Dredg and Secret Machines from a few years ago. Their first is still my fave, Milliontown, and leans towards the proggier side of things (one my entries in the lyrics thread comes from that album). The latest is what I'd call edgy pop.

I really like The Morning Benders album. Its rather diverse, though you may fell you've heard it before towards the end. It is very well done lyrically speaking. Sound quality-wise, its a modern recording...nuff said.

I didn't try to blow anyone away with this comp. I did try to present something listenable, even if for a short time. And I did leave off some good stuff too, but didn't want to 'back the truck up' on this one by making a double disc comp. About half of the albums represented on this comp are something I discovered on my own, rooting around a couple of record stores. A few are bands I've seen posts about on this web forum and others, and a couple were recs from our very own Ravers (FA for Sleepercar, and (I think) Slosh for BSP).

I believe that Marillion tune is different from what you remember of them, isn't it?