Picked up a couple of Danish today for lunch-Dynaco A25 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a couple of Danish today for lunch-Dynaco A25

thekid
02-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Stopped off of I-295 today to grab some lunch and as it turns out ran across a Salvation Army. Ducked inside and was rewarded with a nice pair of Dynaco A25's for $20!

Got them playing now and love them! Might have to A/B them with the other 2-ways like the Genesis and EPI's. Very clear speakers on both the low and high end. Will need to probably replace the original grills but these might be cracking the starting line-up!

Here are some pics.

Worf101
02-13-2009, 09:56 AM
You're REALLY starting to annoy me with all this thrift store swaggage you're getting. First you snag all the good New England stuff now you're' startin' in on the Dyanco's... I'm NOT happy...

LOL...

Good snag. Had a pair, sold em. Liked the Epicures more but A25's are world class vintage speaks.

Da Worfster

Feanor
02-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Stopped off of I-295 today to grab some lunch and as it turns out ran across a Salvation Army. Ducked inside and was rewarded with a nice pair of Dynaco A25's for $20!

Got them playing now and love them! Might have to A/B them with the other 2-ways like the Genesis and EPI's. Very clear speakers on both the low and high end. Will need to probably replace the original grills but these might be cracking the starting line-up!

I owned a pair in the early '70 -- very musical speakers.

I still have a pair of the smaller, A10's. Actually, my 90 year-old mother owns them; I bought the for her circa 1971 or '72.

thekid
02-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks guys for the comments.

Worf-
I promise you we will go shopping together next time I am up your way....... :yesnod:

In all seriousness I owe you, Feanor, Mr. Peabody and many other AR regulars a big debt of gratitude for educating me enough to recognize gear like this when I come across it.

Thanks to everyone here who helped make this latest score possible!

RoadRunner6
02-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Great find! I will put the Salvation Army on my list of Audio Boutiques right below Costco. A friend in Spokane owned a pair of A25's during the Spokane World's Fair...very nice sounding speakers.

RR6 :thumbsup:

frenchmon
02-13-2009, 04:37 PM
I walked into a Pawnshop hear in St. Louis and found Rotel audio gear, amp, control amp, CD player, and tuner all for $300 bucks, and two weeks before I walked into this place called Electronic Xchange and found a pair of Paradigm mini monitors for $20 buck. They sound pretty good but I may need a speaker repair kit for the woofers.

Congrats on the Dynaco's

frenchmon