realistic mach one help [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : realistic mach one help

kainbrake2
02-09-2009, 08:31 PM
hello im new to the forum world but i like to read them to help me in my decisions. any way i have a mint pair of realistic mach ones and i have a spare set of woofers that were given to me. i would like to use the spares for subs so i was going to build a pair of sub cabs to match the mach's. here is what i am thinking it would be very easy to just copy the mach cab minus the horn enclosure but i was thinking of building a ported enclosure. problem is i don't know enough about how to get my volume and port size so i was wondering if anyone out there can help me? maybe they would just sound better in the original sealed dimensions?

This Guy
02-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Are these woofers identical to the woofers in the Mach ones? Or just some random woofers that were given to you? Do you know the T/S Parameters of these spare woofers (Fs, QTS, Vas, Xmax, etc.)? Without these specs, it's impossible to plan a good ported cabinet unless you're extremely lucky. You could guess on a sealed box and just alter the internal volume until it sounds the best. But don't do any guessing if you already have the parameters. If you have the parameters, download a bass box program and start testing. If they are infact the same as the mach one woofers, you could search online for their parameters and build a suitable ported box, otherwise use the original sealed dimensions.

kainbrake2
02-10-2009, 09:28 AM
yes they are definatly mach one woofers, i have a set of complete mach one speakers that i could use to get the box demensions from i was just wondering if the sealed mach one box could help me build a ported one. i have tried finding the speakers spec online and had no luck. i gues im trying to find a realistic guru.

Boatman1
02-11-2009, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't wast your time trying to make them into subs, I would save them incase you
blow your good speakers or find another pair of Mach one boxes because building a sub
box will not get you any more bass then the Mach ones. there are much more efficient
subs out there that will give you much more bass. I have a pair of Mach ones and the
woofers are hard to come by so I would save them and keep your vintage alive.

kainbrake2
02-11-2009, 12:22 PM
you make a good point and i think ill follow. on another note i would like to find a set of realistic opyimus t-200s, i have some jbl e 140-8s and some ev t-350 tweeters and i also have a good set of 5'' ev vented mids they are all pa speakers, i may consider some trading. maybe i should make that another topic.

cjpremierfour
02-14-2009, 10:55 AM
I had a friend that used the Mach 1's 15" woofers as a car sub, using the same size sealed enclosure as the original Mach 1's did. The woofers didn't have the X-max and made bad suspension noises at medium loud volumes. Looking at the 15inch woofers surrounds, it looks as if it can move 15 mm, it really closer to 5 mm.
I would look elsewhere if your planning to play low bass notes that require lots of cone movements.