The Bank Job [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Bank Job

Groundbeef
02-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Not sure why I rented the film. Probably because I have Netflix, and thought "meh, might as well try it".

Well, I was pleasantly suprised. It was a very good film. Based on a major bank heist in 1971 in England. Had lots of Gov't players, dirty cops, slimy crime lords and best of all, nudity.

Well, the nudity wasn't the best part, but it certainly didn't lower my opinion of the film.

If you haven't seen it, and enjoy a decent (based on true story) drama I would give it a rent.

JSE
02-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Not sure why I rented the film. Probably because I have Netflix, and thought "meh, might as well try it".

Well, I was pleasantly suprised. It was a very good film. Based on a major bank heist in 1971 in England. Had lots of Gov't players, dirty cops, slimy crime lords and best of all, nudity.

Well, the nudity wasn't the best part, but it certainly didn't lower my opinion of the film.

If you haven't seen it, and enjoy a decent (based on true story) drama I would give it a rent.

Yeah, the wife and I watched it a couple months ago. Not a bad flick at all. We rented it because the wife thinks Jason Stratham (sp?) is a hottie. :frown2: I was also pleasantly suprised......by the film. Definitely worth a viewing.

Sugar Beats
02-09-2009, 04:01 PM
It sounds familiar to me for some reason, who's in it besides Jason S?

Groundbeef
02-09-2009, 06:17 PM
It sounds familiar to me for some reason, who's in it besides Jason S?

A number of actresses, and actors. Incidently all had British accents. Except for the black character. He sounded as though he was from Trinidad.

nightflier
02-09-2009, 06:44 PM
I know he's been in some duds, and we've seen 'em all because yes, my wife thinks he's a good looking guy too, but Stratham is one cool action star, and he's got a knack for comedy too. Liked him in Lock Stock... and The Italian Job - not much of a swashbuckling swordsman, though; he should stick to kicking a$$ and robbery/crime films.

To the ladies out there: he's bald (and so is Vin Diesel)! Geez!

Groundbeef
02-10-2009, 03:29 AM
To the ladies out there: he's bald (and so is Vin Diesel)! Geez!

Hey goofy, I'm bald too. And the ladies like it.

nightflier
02-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I think my hair thinned a little after I posted that.