The GRAMMY'S! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The GRAMMY'S!

Rich-n-Texas
02-09-2009, 05:30 AM
Yeah I know...

:rolleyes:

But it was good to see that Robert Plant and Allison Krauss got awards. I didn't watch it from start to finish but maybe it's a step in the right direction for the industry. Plant and Krauss got what, Album of the Year and four other awards?

And I gotta tell ya, 37 y/o Allison is an ageless beauty don't ya think?

Oh, and I see Neil Diamond did a performance of "Sweet Caroline". I didn't know he was still even alive! :sleep:

GMichael
02-09-2009, 06:10 AM
Robert Plant looked like he had a few million miles on him.

bfalls
02-09-2009, 06:19 AM
Allison Kraus is a tremendous talent. Not that Robert Plant isn't, they had great chemistry. I've watched their concert on Crossroads and found it a very interesting merge of styles.

She's also been in TV performances with Union Station and another which highlighted her album "A Hundred Miles or More". On the albumn she performs "Missing You" with John Waite, "How's the World Treating You" with James Taylor, "Whiskey Lullaby" with Brad Paisley as well as others. Her voice is like butta.

Hyfi
02-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Yeah I know...

:rolleyes:

But it was good to see that Robert Plant and Allison Krauss got awards. I didn't watch it from start to finish but maybe it's a step in the right direction for the industry. Plant and Krauss got what, Album of the Year and four other awards?

And I gotta tell ya, 37 y/o Allison is an ageless beauty don't ya think?

Oh, and I see Neil Diamond did a performance of "Sweet Caroline". I didn't know he was still even alive! :sleep:

So what is the difference between Album of the year and Record of the year? Isn't an album a record?

And, do ya think the little Jonass brothers were actually playing their guitars? I think not!

Rich-n-Texas
02-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Robert Plant looked like he had a few million miles on him.
See what too much sex'll do to ya GM? :hand:

Rich-n-Texas
02-09-2009, 07:53 AM
So what is the difference between Album of the year and Record of the year? Isn't an album a record?
I don't know. Were there separate awards given out for them?

And, do ya think the little Jonass brothers were actually playing their guitars? I think not!
One act I rewound to see was that chick that sings about kissing girls. I was hoping it would've been worked into the choreography. :yesnod:

GMichael
02-09-2009, 08:22 AM
See what too much sex'll do to ya GM? :hand:

What do you mean by, "too much sex"? I've never heard of such a thing. :blush2:

Maybe you meant, "too many drugs"?:idea:

GMichael
02-09-2009, 08:26 AM
One act I rewound to see was that chick that sings about kissing girls. I was hoping it would've been worked into the choreography. :yesnod:

My assistant has a 4 year old little girl. One day she was here and starting singing that, I Kissed a Girl and I Liked it song. Her mom asked her if she had ever kissed a girl. She was so cute when she said, "Yeah mommy. I kiss you all the time, and I LIKE IT."

jonnyhambone
02-09-2009, 08:41 AM
I got my copy of the Raising Sand album in 2007 (even says 2007 on the back)...how does that get album of the year for THIS Grammys? (not that I'm complaining)...I just remember that it was on my top ten album list from 2007.

I think 'record' of the year is the single...they won it for a particular song. Album is, well, album.

Sugar Beats
02-09-2009, 09:04 AM
My assistant has a 4 year old little girl. One day she was here and starting singing that, I Kissed a Girl and I Liked it song. Her mom asked her if she had ever kissed a girl. She was so cute when she said, "Yeah mommy. I kiss you all the time, and I LIKE IT."

LOL! My girls go round' the house signing that song all the time. It's such a catchy tune!

Swish
02-09-2009, 02:01 PM
LOL! My girls go round' the house signing that song all the time. It's such a catchy tune!

...a 'c'...crappy. BWAHAHAHAHA. I hate it.

Swish

3-LockBox
02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I hate it.

hate what?

ForeverAutumn
02-09-2009, 04:57 PM
hate what?

I think that a better question is what doesn't Swishy hate? Besides beer and a good cigar that is.

bobsticks
02-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Is it me or didn't Coldplay look like the Wiggles?

Just one more reason to harbor a Swishlike hatred for that foppish group of shandy boys.

02audionoob
02-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Record of the year is for a recording of a song. It goes to the singer, producer, et. al.

Also on the Grammys...besides a concurrence that Ms. Krauss is a beauty...any thoughts on Adele? I know this isn't the first opportunity we've had to hear her, but it's as good a time as any to discuss.

ForeverAutumn
02-10-2009, 06:28 AM
Hubby picked up Adele's CD on the weekend. Meh.

I found the same problem with her CD that I had with Corinne Bailey Rae's disk. Great voice, but poor choice of songs and very poor production IMO. Although, Adele's CD was better than CBRs. Still, I think that there is much more potential than what this disk shows. Just my own opinion.

02audionoob
02-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Hubby picked up Adele's CD on the weekend. Meh.

I found the same problem with her CD that I had with Corinne Bailey Rae's disk. Great voice, but poor choice of songs and very poor production IMO. Although, Adele's CD was better than CBRs. Still, I think that there is much more potential than what this disk shows. Just my own opinion.

Amongst CBR's offerings, I prefer the live performance. It has a genuine quality about it, perhaps hard to describe, but shows a little personality.

ForeverAutumn
02-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Amongst CBR's offerings, I prefer the live performance. It has a genuine quality about it, perhaps hard to describe, but shows a little personality.

Well, that's good to hear, because her first CD shows little personality.