Hello [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello

simmel
02-09-2009, 02:59 AM
Hi.

My name is Simon, I live in Innsbruck Austria. I love Music mainly Vinyl, but hate TV that's why I don't have anything to do with Surround sound amps or videos etc. My equipment is purely for listening to good music.

My system consists of
Systemdek 4X4 turntable RB 300 arm
Onkyo M504 and P304 pre power combo
Denon Cd player
Sonus Faber minuetto speakers on SF stands
Connected with Kimber cable.

bfalls
02-09-2009, 06:29 AM
Welcome to the site. I work with many Austrians from our Sony Anif office. You have a very beautiful country. I've been only once, but plan to return as many times as possible. My colleagues took me on a tour of the "Old City" in Salzburg. Very interesting. I'd love to go to the Mozart Festival.

You have a very nicetwo-channel system. I've always been interested in hearing the Sonus Faber speakers. I've read a lot about them and see the command a lot of respect in the industry.

Enjoy the site.

Rich-n-Texas
02-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Welcome simmel. I think you'll find a lot of people with similar interests in The Analog Room, but feel free to visit the other forums too.

Enjoy!

pixelthis
02-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi.

My name is Simon, I live in Innsbruck Austria. I love Music mainly Vinyl, but hate TV that's why I don't have anything to do with Surround sound amps or videos etc. My equipment is purely for listening to good music.

My system consists of
Systemdek 4X4 turntable RB 300 arm
Onkyo M504 and P304 pre power combo
Denon Cd player
Sonus Faber minuetto speakers on SF stands
Connected with Kimber cable.

WELCOME, terribly sorry about the huge tragedy in Victoria, hope they catch the SOB'S
that did it.
YOU WILL FIND A LOT OF GOOD INFO ON THIS BOARD,
but dont tell anybody as their heads are already quite big enough.:1:

simmel
02-09-2009, 11:08 PM
Sorry pixelthis, I live in AUSTRIA, not Australia.

But your not the first one to make that mistake.

RoadRunner6
02-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Hi Simon,

Welcome. Austria is such a beautiful country. Unfortunately I've been there only in my dreams. Sonus Fabers reproduce music beautifully. Maybe someday I can attempt to convince you to try 5.1 for music only. However, that is a topic for another time.

Sorry about Pixelthis. He is our resident mentally challenged Vizio TV expert and general annoyance. Last week he got Canada and Cambodia mixed up!

RR6 :biggrin5:

Worf101
02-10-2009, 05:31 AM
Hi Simon,

Welcome. Austria is such a beautiful country. Unfortunately I've been there only in my dreams. Sonus Fabers reproduce music beautifully. Maybe someday I can attempt to convince you to try 5.1 for music only. However, that is a topic for another time.

Sorry about Pixelthis. He is our resident mentally challenged Vizio TV expert and general annoyance. Last week he got Canada and Cambodia mixed up!

Hi Simon, welcome aboard...

RR6 is quite right about Pixie but for the most part he's harmless. Lots of vinyl lovers round here... You should have loads to talk about.

Da Worfster

Luvin Da Blues
02-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Last week he got Canada and Cambodia mixed up!

Quite an easy mistake, since they are so similar in makeup. :frown2:

And welcome to this site Simmel.

Rich-n-Texas
02-10-2009, 05:37 AM
Hi Simon, welcome aboard...

RR6 is quite right about Pixie but for the most part he's harmless. Lots of vinyl lovers round here... You should have loads to talk about.

Da Worfster
Nah... I won't. I WANT to, but I won't.

ROFLMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GMichael
02-10-2009, 06:06 AM
Welcome to AR simmel,
I've never been to Austria. How is it there? What kind of music do you like?

simmel
02-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Austria is wonderful, everybody must visit, I live on the western side were the Mountains are. At the moment its just a bit cold (Minus 9c), but the sun is shining, Tomorrow and for the next few days it will be snowing again but what the hell we are used to it here. By the way although I live in Austria I am from England but I have been here for 26 years and will never go back.
As regards my music taste I like good Jazz Oscar Peterson etc and Heavy Metal ACDC are my all time favorites, I must admit it for my sins I do like a bit of American Country music as well.:12: :thumbsup: