Anyone see TVotRadio on SNL? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see TVotRadio on SNL?

3-LockBox
02-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Well, all I can say is that they were just OK. It took me nearly a minute to figure out what the first song was and I own it on CD. I'm sure they'd come across better in person or on a better system than the TV I was watching, but I sure wouldn't use that performance as an intro to one of the better bands making music today.

Swish
02-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Well, all I can say is that they were just OK. It took me nearly a minute to figure out what the first song was and I own it on CD. I'm sure they'd come across better in person or on a better system than the TV I was watching, but I sure wouldn't use that performance as an intro to one of the better bands making music today.

...call 'Golden Age', I have no doubt they sounded lousy. What were they thinking with that clunker?

bobsticks
02-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Clearly, Tunde Adebimpe is no Alex Turner...

ForeverAutumn
02-09-2009, 06:59 AM
I know nothing about this band other than the accolades that I've read here. I watched their first song and my only thought was, "this is crap, what are the guys at RR thinking?"

Since we got home late on Saturday night we were watching it on an Alberta channel (two hours behind us), so I wasn't going to stay up for the second song. I only hope that it was better than the first one.

Swish
02-09-2009, 02:08 PM
I know nothing about this band other than the accolades that I've read here. I watched their first song and my only thought was, "this is crap, what are the guys at RR thinking?"

Since we got home late on Saturday night we were watching it on an Alberta channel (two hours behind us), so I wasn't going to stay up for the second song. I only hope that it was better than the first one.

And by 'older' I mean from about 5 or 6 years ago. The Young Liars EP is really good, and Return to Cookie Mountain from a few years ago was even better. If you are going to shell out any money, ever of these will do and you won't be sorry IMO.

3-LockBox
02-09-2009, 04:22 PM
I liked last years Dear Science quite a bit actually. But I do think they were feeling the pressure of being SNL (I have no idea why). I thought TVotRadio was one of last years more original acts. This isn't the first time I've seen an act I like have a bad performance of SNL though.