Anyone else a Foo Fighters Fan? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else a Foo Fighters Fan?

Sugar Beats
02-05-2009, 09:38 AM
I DVR'd their Live concert @ London's Wembley Stadium.
The concert was from their preformance in January.

It was awesome! Those guys rock man!

Dave Grohl has incredible energy!

He has got to have talent (& some sustainability) to have been in 2 such awesome bands, MO.

kexodusc
02-05-2009, 10:54 AM
I don't mind them, as far as radio music goes these days, I'd put them near the top of the list. Certainly have nothing against them, but I only ever bought 1 album by them, 2nd hand at that.

That show is playing on VOD up my way, maybe I'll check it out.

JSE
02-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Their first album was my favorite (still play it once a month or so) but I have been less impressed with each album's release since then. Still a decent band though and pretty good live.

Kevio
02-05-2009, 11:53 AM
I didn't start listening to Foo Fighters until last year's Echos, Silence, Patience, Grace. It is definitely worth a listen for the strong songwriting and solid big-rock production. There's quite a display of dynamic range in the music - thrilling to listen to on a big system.

Anyone listen to Porcupine Tree? Similar production aesthetic and even more of that prog rock-style songwriting.

kexodusc
02-05-2009, 11:58 AM
I didn't start listening to Foo Fighters until last year's Echos, Silence, Patience, Grace. It is definitely worth a listen for the strong songwriting and solid big-rock production. There's quite a display of dynamic range in the music - thrilling to listen to on a big system.

Anyone listen to Porcupine Tree? Similar production aesthetic and even more of that prog rock-style songwriting.
Several of us in the Rave Recs Forum are HUGE Porcupine Tree fans.

I wouldn't put Foo Fighters anywhere near them stylistically but I might have to check out that last album you mentioned.

Smokey, I had the same thoughts about their music - though I did find "In Your Honor" a few years back to be a refreshing. Actually it's my favorite. That's the one I bought.

ForeverAutumn
02-05-2009, 12:17 PM

I've been learning how to play Lazarus on my guitar, so I've been listening to a lot of PT lately. Trains is also on my list of songs to learn.

As for the Foos, I like them when I hear them but they've never been a band that I've seeked out. My husband however, is a much bigger fan of theirs.

Finch Platte
02-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I've been learning how to play Lazarus on my guitar, so I've been listening to a lot of PT lately. Trains is also on my list of songs to learn.

As for the Foos, I like them when I hear them but they've never been a band that I've seeked out. My husband however, is a much bigger fan of theirs.

Uh, FA? Your sig? It's perish, not parish. :rolleyes5:

:arf:

kexodusc
02-05-2009, 02:26 PM

Bwa ha ha ha ha...

How long did that go unchecked?

ForeverAutumn
02-05-2009, 02:42 PM

You know what's funny? I get paid to proof read other people's stuff. :blush2:

Thanks Finchy.

Finch Platte
02-05-2009, 04:06 PM
You know what's funny? I get paid to proof read other people's stuff. :blush2:

Thanks Finchy.

Ok. Now fix the Bowie. Bowie, not Bowtie. :D

emesbee
02-12-2009, 08:46 PM
I haven't really listened to them. How did they pick that name, I wonder? Should have called themselves The Food Fighters, I reckon.

Kevio
02-13-2009, 06:03 AM
UFOs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter)