Hey did you guys know that both Faith Hill & Jennifer Hudson [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey did you guys know that both Faith Hill & Jennifer Hudson

Sugar Beats
02-04-2009, 12:24 PM
lip synched to a pre-recorded track @ the Super Bowl? I didn't know that. I was kinda surprised to hear it.

They are both good singers, especially Hudson, why?

GMichael
02-04-2009, 12:30 PM
It looked synched to me when I saw it. They do it so as to not make any live mistakes in front of so many people. I've come to expect it. You can tell it's synched when it's too perfect. A real live act has the occassional oops. That's how you know it's live.
It's just like those fake roses. Never a dead leef in the bunch.

Sugar Beats
02-04-2009, 12:37 PM
I hate fake roses...

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2009, 12:54 PM
I hate fake roses...

(Note to self...) :ihih:

Hyfi
02-04-2009, 12:59 PM
They announced it on NPR the next morning. No different than Jimmy Page faking it in the Olympics Closing....why even bother when it is so obvious.

The lip syncing was better than Bruce any day. His voice was almost as bad as John Sebastian's, not that it was ever any good.

Mr MidFi
02-04-2009, 12:59 PM
It's a live national TV broadcast, not a music concert. The less left to chance, the better.

GMichael
02-04-2009, 01:16 PM
The lip syncing was better than Bruce any day. His voice was almost as bad as John Sebastian's, not that it was ever any good.

X2!....

3-LockBox
02-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Yeah, it looked synced...there's been so many gaffs by big name celebs...even James Earl Jones, who spoke the words to the anthem (instead of singing) gaffed half way through.

I get why they do it, but its still cheesy...why do I wanna watch someone lipsync? Stoopid. That's like having fake wrestling.

Sugar Beats
02-04-2009, 04:43 PM
I agree Lockbox

ForeverAutumn
02-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Yeah, it looked synced...there's been so many gaffs by big name celebs...even James Earl Jones, who spoke the words to the anthem (instead of singing) gaffed half way through.

I get why they do it, but its still cheesy...why do I wanna watch someone lipsync? Stoopid. That's like having fake wrestling.

Yeah, who wants to watch fake wrestling?!

Wait. Is there another kind of wrestling?

3-LockBox
02-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I agree Lockbox

you can call me 3LB :ihih:

whatever the hell that means

02audionoob
02-04-2009, 06:18 PM
I once heard Whitney Houston's famous SB performance of the national anthem was lip-sync.

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2009, 06:50 PM
And then there's Ashlee Simpson, who screwed up the lip-sync. :lol:

bobsticks
02-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Two words: "click" and "track"

Swish
02-04-2009, 07:27 PM
I was watching her neck and saw it straining a couple times, so I thought it was live. Dumbarse.

GMichael
02-05-2009, 06:41 AM
I was watching her neck and saw it straining a couple times, so I thought it was live. Dumbarse.
Nah... Don't be too hard on yourself. She did a great job of it. I had a hard time picking up on it.
It was just too perfect. Not even any background noises. She sounded like she was in a studio. Guess we know why.:arf:

ForeverAutumn
02-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Nah... Don't be too hard on yourself. She did a great job of it. I had a hard time picking up on it.
It was just too perfect. Not even any background noises. She sounded like she was in a studio. Guess we know why.:arf:

I didn't catch that she was lip syncing either.

Live or Memorex, that girl has great chops.

GMichael
02-05-2009, 08:16 AM
She did a fantastic job of both. Not only did she sound great but looked like she was singing every note. I didn't see one time where she opened or closed her mouth at the wrong time. When she hit the big notes, it looked like she was digging deap for it. Very entertaining. It beat the h.ll out of the half-time show.

Sugar Beats
02-05-2009, 09:20 AM

Exactly! That was why I was so surprised to hear it. I didn't think she was lip-synching at all.

Funny, you must get good at fakin' it after awhile. (I know GM, I know! I'm waiting....)

GMichael
02-05-2009, 09:27 AM
I think she actually sang the song. Just with her mic off.

Stone
02-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Yo Yo Ma's performance at the pre-inaugural festivities was even pre-recorded.

bobsticks
02-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Yo Yo Ma's performance at the pre-inaugural festivities was even pre-recorded.

...and played back at the wrong speed.