PolyTron speaker cable [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PolyTron speaker cable

zapr
03-16-2004, 10:12 AM
............I picked up a spool of polytron high performance oxygen free 14 awg speaker cable for my surround speakers. One set of strands is copper, the other is what I believe to be tin. My question is, what is the purpose of this and which is the positive and which is the negative. A 100ft. spool was $25.95. Thanks in advance..........Zapr.

Rockwell
03-16-2004, 11:36 AM
............I picked up a spool of polytron high performance oxygen free 14 awg speaker cable for my surround speakers. One set of strands is copper, the other is what I believe to be tin. My question is, what is the purpose of this and which is the positive and which is the negative. A 100ft. spool was $25.95. Thanks in advance..........Zapr.

You can use either side for positive/negative as long as you do it consistently. The color difference is so that you can tell which side is positive/negative.

mtrycraft
03-16-2004, 04:06 PM

Most likely it is a coating on the wire so you can tell easilly when making connections.