cabinet for 2X 6'5 bass drivers 20Hz-700Hz.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : cabinet for 2X 6'5 bass drivers 20Hz-700Hz....

Lamerick247
02-04-2009, 12:55 AM
building a stereo pair speakers ... but i cant get the cabinet that i want for the 2 6'5 inch bass drivers. They just dont sound good in the one i already made. H e L P?

This Guy
02-04-2009, 07:20 AM
building a stereo pair speakers ... but i cant get the cabinet that i want for the 2 6'5 inch bass drivers. They just dont sound good in the one i already made. H e L P?

What's wrong with the sound? You could download a bass box program and play around with that to find the proper box volume to get the sound and roll-off that you're looking for. A better place to ask this question would be the partsexpress.com "tech talk" forums. There are a lot of experienced speaker builders there that could give you some great advice as far as speaker building is concerned.

hermanv
02-04-2009, 04:35 PM
building a stereo pair speakers ... but i cant get the cabinet that i want for the 2 6'5 inch bass drivers. They just dont sound good in the one i already made. H e L P?Any decent bass box program will require you to enter various speaker parameters. The are commonly known as the Theile/Small parameters.

I'm guessing that you wil need to know at least:

Fs (speaker self resonance)
VAS ( speaker compliance vs air)
Qts (Total "Q" electrical and mechanical)

There are a number of sites that explain ths in some detail and sites that list the parameters for popular drivers.

See for example: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/thiele.asp

For some parameters see:
http://www.thielesmall.com/database.asp

After that just search for a woofer box design tool (often Excel based).

hydroman
02-06-2009, 10:31 AM
How hard is it? You should be building a sealed enclosure of ~.5Cubic feet or so.

Is your first enclosure truly sealed? I got a lot of buzzing unitl i RTV'ed the speaker to the enclosure.

Put some insulation in the cavity to damp resonances?

i don;t mean sound snotty - it just is one of the easier projects to do... Not at all like building the correct ported enclosure. Then you have many things you could do wrong! ;)