Question About Audiogon.com [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question About Audiogon.com

jaxwired
02-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Can you all either recommend audiogon.com or warn me off that site? Any caveats? Bad experiences? Good experiences?

Thanks for your help...

Groundbeef
02-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Can you all either recommend audiogon.com or warn me off that site? Any caveats? Bad experiences? Good experiences?

Thanks for your help...

Why are you asking?

basite
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
i'd trust it more than Ebay, if that's what you're asking :p

mlsstl
02-02-2009, 01:22 PM
I've bought several pieces of equipment from listings on Audiogon and I've sold several. Never had a hint of a problem. That said, I'm sure they have their share of problem sellers (and buyers) and there have to be a few outright crooks among that group.

If you exercise prudent behavior in your online dealings you should be in pretty good shape. Just don't let your equipment lust get ahead of your common sense.

mijs
02-13-2009, 11:50 AM
I've bought and sold a few things on AGon. All very positive experiences. It's not the typical ebay crowd as no one there wants their audio reputation smeared. As always, communication with the buyer/seller is the key.

02audionoob
02-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I've recently had two very good Audiogon experiences. Heartily recommended.

E-Stat
02-13-2009, 03:18 PM
I've bought several pieces of equipment from listings on Audiogon and I've sold several. Never had a hint of a problem. That said, I'm sure they have their share of problem sellers (and buyers) and there have to be a few outright crooks among that group.

If you exercise prudent behavior in your online dealings you should be in pretty good shape. Just don't let your equipment lust get ahead of your common sense.
Ditto verbatim.

rw