Super Bowl XLIII [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLIII

3-LockBox
02-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Where's that comet or meteor that's supposed to strike the earth?

Where's the antichrist? Where the next plague?

Dear God, the most insufferable *bastards on the face of the planet have just won the Super Bowl (yes, even more insufferable than packer fan) and for my money, the earth can die right now, as I type - not joking. Yes, I could give credit where credit is due, but I may as well drop to my knees and chant Hail Satan...that's how much I loathe the Steelers.

Pittsburg fans = Satan's minions

*bastards = sons of diseased whores

bobsticks
02-01-2009, 08:13 PM
Lol.

I think Swish summed it up pretty well up North in Rave Recs. I too knew that when AZ scored with two minutes left it was just too soon. I wonder if Santonio Holmes' catch will become generationally iconic as Dwight Clark's was before him.

It could be worse...I hear Cleveland is rebuilding.

Rich-n-Texas
02-02-2009, 05:13 AM
Since the Steelers now have more Superbowl wins than the Cowboys, I think they should be referred to as "America's Team" from now on.

Worf101
02-02-2009, 05:53 AM
Great theatre, BUT I will admit that Pittsburgh did get more than their fair share of calls. However the Ref's redeemed themselves with the holding call in the end zone. However it was poorly officiated. Cardinals had a puncher's chance and kept punching right up until the final bell. Warner was MVP of the game if you ask me. I'd a given it to him even in defeat. Still Holm's catch was/is one for the ages. Of course you know they practice that kind of catch all the time.

Da Worfster

GMichael
02-02-2009, 06:06 AM
I was hoping that the Cards could pull it off. OT would have been nice. Too bad they let it slip through their fingers. Now we all get to suffer through more bragging by the Peeler fans.

Ajani
02-02-2009, 09:29 AM
When did all that happen? All I saw were some awesome commercials for G.I. Joe - Rise of Cobra, Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen & Star Trek...

Were we all watching the same Superbowl?

02audionoob
02-02-2009, 01:41 PM
Since the Steelers now have more Superbowl wins than the Cowboys, I think they should be referred to as "America's Team" from now on.
The era of the Cowboys' claim to the title of America's Team seems to have passed on a while back. They earned that titled way back when through marketing more than anything else, as far as I recall. While they didn't make up the name, they marketed well in places without teams of their own.

My impression is the Steelers have been the league's darlings for quite some time and would be more entitled to such a claim. Of course, Art Rooney has been quoted in reference to such a title. He don't want it.

GMichael
02-02-2009, 01:58 PM
The Steelers had more SB's back when the Boys were first starting to be called Amerca's team. And they did it by beating the Boy's. At least, that's what the records books say. I hated the Steelers back then. Now I just don't like them.

emesbee
02-02-2009, 06:36 PM
Superbowl. That's a baseball match, isn't it?

02audionoob
02-03-2009, 05:50 AM
3-LockBox: Just for reference...what's your NFL team of choice? I'm sure I should have noticed it somewhere, here...but I'm too lazy to search it out.

Sugar Beats
02-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Great theatre, BUT I will admit that Pittsburgh did get more than their fair share of calls. However the Ref's redeemed themselves with the holding call in the end zone. However it was poorly officiated. Cardinals had a puncher's chance and kept punching right up until the final bell. Warner was MVP of the game if you ask me. I'd a given it to him even in defeat. Still Holm's catch was/is one for the ages. Of course you know they practice that kind of catch all the time.

I totally agree. Thought it was a great game. I thought the Cardinals should've & could've won. Why Warner didn't just plan on throwing to Fitzgerald the whole time is beyond me. Could have easily won with some more plays like the ones they had. 4th quarter had to be one of the best in Super Bowl History, at least as long as I've been watching (heehee so keep that in mind fellas!)