S-Video problems [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : S-Video problems

MN Mike
03-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Since my TV does not have component video hookups, I'm going with S-Video. I already had an s-video cable between the receiver and the TV and it was fine. However, last night I switched from a single RCA cable to the S-Video(for the connection between my cable box and my receiver) and found that there are now wavering lines on the TV when in anaolg channels. The digital channels all look fine.

I'm going from a cable box to my Denon receiver and then to my TV. Any ideas? Could I have a bad S-video cable? It's a 6' cable and not a particularly high quality one.

Mania
03-17-2004, 02:44 PM
I believe the problem you are experiencing is a simple one. I think it is likely that your digital cable box simply doesn't transmit the "analog" signals over the S-video. Your cables are probably fine. This is one of the many problems that I have with cable and digiatal cable. I have directTV now, and think it is a much better value/company to do business with.

Good luck

uncooked
03-17-2004, 02:59 PM
just experiment with it, like run an s video right from your dvd into your tv bypassing the amp and see what happens, try both the s video cables and see if there is a difference.