"Taken" w/ Liam Neeson... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "Taken" w/ Liam Neeson...

Sugar Beats
02-01-2009, 09:52 AM
If any of you are "24" fans, you should thoroughly enjoy this movie!

It's action packed beginning to end. There were a few moments that I was on the edge of my seat, wondering what (Mills) would do next?! Neeson plays the role perfectly. He's totally comparable to 'Jack' but since he's a bigger guy (I think he's 6'4) he seems a bit more sinister & threatning at times than Jack & he is able to play disgust to fury (across his face) w/ equal measure.

And for all you "Lost" fans, Maggie Grace (aka "shannon") plays the kidnapped daughter.

I really enjoyed it, the time flew by & I would even see it again. (prob. not at the theatre, but I'd rent it again for sure!) :biggrin5:

Thumbs up from me!

canuckle
02-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Love Liam Neeson.

If only it were actually possible to suspend disbelief with this train-wreck of a script.

Sugar Beats
02-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Hey Cantankerous or whatever your name is, the script wasn't a train wreck at all.

It was fast-paced and full of action. No offensive language and some good acting on Neeson's part.

Most people go to the movies to get "away" for a couple hours and be entertained... this was enterataining. Didn't feel like a waste of $ or time, which frankly most movies these days do (IMO). I'm pretty picky re: what I go see. I was in the mood for something "action-packed" and this fit the bill. What else have you seen lately that wasn't "a train-wreck of a script?"

bobsticks
02-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Well, alrighty then...

Rich-n-Texas
02-03-2009, 11:03 AM
You have such a way with words sticky, even in the quietest moments.

Sugar Beats
02-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Richie, why are you commenting on 'sticks' way w/ words?

Don't you like mine?

Rich-n-Texas
02-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Richie, why are you commenting on 'sticks' way w/ words?

Don't you like mine?
Why yes, yes I do. I thought "Cantankerous" was well spelled and spoken with directness towards the perpetrator. :yesnod:

Sugar Beats
02-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Good! I'm so glad you approve Richie! What kind of name is "canuckle" anyway?
I think "Cantankerous" is better.

Rich-n-Texas
02-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Don't know. Maybe it's Canada speak.

However...

I disapprove of comparing a movie with a TV show, especially THAT one! :nono:

Sugar Beats
02-03-2009, 02:17 PM
All I was saying was that the character in the movie reminded me a little of "bauer" that's all. Same type. TV shows & movies go back and forth all the time... so what's the biggie?

Rich-n-Texas
02-03-2009, 02:27 PM
Calm down. Just kidding sweetheart. I don't watch "24" because Jack is always yelling whenever I see the commercials. Too much anger for me.

Sugar Beats
02-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Sorry, PMS'ing today. Can you tell! LOL! Womanfolk! Aren't we fun! BTW, Neeson, doesn't do a great deal of yelling, he's kinda quiet and lethal. There's one scene w/ an old acquaintance & his wife that is good. I was expecting "something" but not such a quick reaction...

Rich-n-Texas
02-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Liam Neeson was great in Batman Begins IMO. I've always liked the characters he plays.

...PMS'ing today...

:yikes:

Head for the hills!!!

Sugar Beats
02-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Head for the hills!!!

Might not be a bad idea!

Hey Richie, how are you "sneaking" up on me today? It says your "offline" yet everytime I look, you've got another post. What gives? Are you playing games with me?

GMichael
02-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Liam Neeson was great in Batman Begins IMO. I've always liked the characters he plays.

:yikes:

Head for the hills!!!

Did your thingy just grow a little?

Sugar Beats
02-03-2009, 02:58 PM
GM, was that last comment really necessary?

Sugar Beats
02-03-2009, 02:58 PM
BTW, you are supposed to be on the other thread right now, punching audio ammie out! What are you doing over here!

GMichael
02-03-2009, 02:59 PM
GM, was that last comment really necessary?

Well look. His green thingy just grew by one chicklet. See?

Sugar Beats
02-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Well that's not fair! How come my "greenie" thing~a~ma~bobbie hasn't gone up?

bobsticks
02-03-2009, 05:43 PM

.....:shocked:

nightflier
02-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Neeson, I've seen most of his movies, from Excalibur to Darkman to Rob Roy to Schindler's list, and he doesn't dissapoint. Even liked him in Michael Collins. He has that tall brooding look that works with the super-hero type of character he typically portrays.

By the way, in Taken, how bad are the torture scenes? I know it sounds wimpy, but I'm just not interested in seeing that stuff anymore.

Luvin Da Blues
02-03-2009, 05:47 PM
... I know it sounds wimpy, but I'm just not interested in seeing that stuff anymore.

WTF?!?!? With a comment like that it's time to change da Avatar NF. LOL

Rich-n-Texas
02-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Did your thingy just grow a little?
I am uncomfortable with the off-color greenie under my Shizit. :sosp:

Rich-n-Texas
02-03-2009, 06:15 PM
...By the way, in Taken, how bad are the torture scenes? I know it sounds wimpy, but I'm just not interested in seeing that stuff anymore.
And there was a time when you were interested in that kind of stuff? :eek6:

Rich-n-Texas
02-03-2009, 07:00 PM
...Hey Richie, how are you "sneaking" up on me today? It says your "offline" yet everytime I look, you've got another post. What gives? Are you playing games with me?
Huh?

What?

Who? :confused:

Rich-n-Texas
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
I've done my part to heighten your greenie pleasure. :yesnod:

bobsticks
02-03-2009, 07:34 PM
I've done my part to heighten your greenie pleasure. :yesnod:

My, that was awkward in any number of ways...

Rich-n-Texas
02-03-2009, 08:06 PM
I'm gonna try to heighten GM's greenie pleasure too sticks. Ya wanna be next?

bobsticks
02-03-2009, 08:08 PM

No way, no day...been tryin' to abdicate this throne for over a year now...toss them bad boys at L.J.

GMichael
02-04-2009, 06:39 AM

How big can yours grow?:sosp:

GMichael
02-04-2009, 06:42 AM

Keep your hands off ! :mad5:

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2009, 07:19 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GMichael again.
:incazzato: :incazzato: :incazzato:

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2009, 07:23 AM
Okay so what movie were we talkin' about?

Sugar Beats
02-04-2009, 10:56 AM
"Taken" Richie. We were talking about the movie "Taken", although I know you are quite "taken" w/ me, but this is not about that!

Flier,
The torture scences weren't bad, BTW, there was only really one and it didn't last long. It's really fast paced, so he moves along quickly to the next thing, or uh, victim/bad dude/lead.

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2009, 11:15 AM
GAWD!!! Someone FINALLY posted something!

...I know you are quite "taken" w/ me...
:o

"Can't
Stop
Laughing"

GMichael
02-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Step back everyone. This could get ugly.

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2009, 11:26 AM
Stay right where you are GM! I forgot she was on the... :yikes:

GMichael
02-04-2009, 11:36 AM
They don't like it when you say it that way. You should say that she has her little visitor.

Sugar Beats
02-04-2009, 12:47 PM
You guys! TOO MUCH!

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2009, 12:52 PM
I hope that doesn't mean you're leaving, does it? :idea:

GMichael
02-04-2009, 12:57 PM
You guys! TOO MUCH!

That's what all the girls say. But trust me. We can make this work.

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2009, 12:58 PM
DAM!!! Why didn't I think of that! :mad2:

Sugar Beats
02-04-2009, 01:02 PM
But trust me. We can make this work

Oh Yeah, GM? What do you propose?

Sugar Beats
02-04-2009, 01:03 PM
DAM!!! Why didn't I think of that!

Rich, hon, don't you worry your pretty little head about it,
You just stay as sweet as you are!

GMichael
02-04-2009, 01:14 PM
But trust me. We can make this work

Oh Yeah, GM? What do you propose?

Kay Why

Sugar Beats
02-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Why what?!

Rich-n-Texas
02-04-2009, 01:18 PM
DAM!!! Why didn't I think of that!

Rich, hon, don't you worry your pretty little head about it,
You just stay as sweet as you are!
:biggrin5:

GMichael
02-04-2009, 01:23 PM
Why what?!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nightflier
02-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the info, SB.

By the way, I finally saw Blood Diamond last night. Great movie, but definitely not for the faint of heart, either. And while not exactly the same kind of suspense-thriller type of movie, it was definitely fast-paced to the end. Way better than any action movie I've seen from 2008 (Vantage Point, Iron Man, etc.). Powerful message too. Maybe diamonds shouldn't be a girl's best friend after all?

3-LockBox
02-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Most people go to the movies to get "away" for a couple hours and be entertained... this was enterataining. Didn't feel like a waste of $ or time, which frankly most movies these days do (IMO). I'm pretty picky re: what I go see. I was in the mood for something "action-packed" and this fit the bill. What else have you seen lately that wasn't "a train-wreck of a script?"

I guess I feel the same way. I was entertained for the entire movie, but a suspension of disbelief is required, because a movie that moves that fast just has to have plot holes in it. I would venture a guess that a second look at this movie would reveal a not-so-clever script. I didn't feel cheated though. And, if clever writing was a prerequisite for watching a movie...well, I wouldn't each much popcorn.

MasterCylinder
02-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Totally agree.............I thought TAKEN was well done and full of action.

Rescue and revenge.............lovely.

nightflier
02-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Speaking of thrillers, I just watched Vantage Point for a second time last night (I'm breaking in a new sub, so I've got a whole stack of action movies I'm planning to watch - The Kingdom is next). I have to say that Vantage Point was a dud for me the first time and I don't know why. It has everything I look for: fast pace, political intrigue, a good-sounding plot, good actors, etc., but the first time around it was forgettable. But I will say that the second time was better, much better. I really don't know why it was a dud to me, but considering that it was a dud for most people (according to online reviews), maybe it just wasn't well done after all. Anyhow, it's well below Blood Diamond, but still a good movie. For now I'm keeping it.