So how about the Boss and Wal-Mart? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So how about the Boss and Wal-Mart?

02audionoob
01-30-2009, 05:17 PM
How about these exclusive deals?

http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/12176684

The Boss says he's regretting his deal with Wal-Mart now. He wouldn't have regretted it if he hadn't been called out. It's all a case of show me the money. I'm on a boycott of Wal-Mart that has been running for about a decade now. I figured if I could go a year without walking into a Wal-Mart, I could go a decade. I suppose I'll go for another decade or two, hoping I'm still kickin' around this planet.

tilepronc
01-31-2009, 03:06 AM
what a sell out! I dont go and will not to wal-mart.Havent stepped foot in one in about 6 years

mlsstl
01-31-2009, 06:48 AM
Springsteen has been pretty easy for me to ignore. He started believing his own PR too much when he appeared on the Time magazine cover in 1975.

However, he is a fairly standard issue celebrity these days. He likes the populist image but doesn't hesitate to cut a great financial deal for himself. Nothing new there. We can all move along now. ;-)

markw
01-31-2009, 06:50 AM
No matter that he lives in one of the toniest towns in Jersey (Rumson) and his claim to fame is that he's one with the working man. I guess it's hard to look down when ryou're riding so high.

I find his claiming ignorance to the plight of Walmart workers to be hilarious. If he really, really didn't know that, exctly how in touch with the real world is he?

02audionoob
02-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Nothing new there. We can all move along now. ;-)

I think perhaps it isn't the domain of any one particular forum member to determine when we can all move along.

mlsstl
02-01-2009, 08:41 AM
I think perhaps it isn't the domain of any one particular forum member to determine when we can all move along.
Not much on jokes are we? (Think of the "move along" storm trooper scene from Star Wars)

Perhaps it is just too early on a Sunday.

02audionoob
02-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Not much on jokes are we?

Highly dependent on the joke itself.:yesnod: