The axe has swung! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The axe has swung!

Rich-n-Texas
01-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Ya missed me ya missed me now ya gotta kiiiiss me!
(And my HR rep is hot hot hot!!!)

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Richie lives to play another day. :D

Let the spending resume! I wonder if Circuit City sells BFD's? :ihih:

GMichael
01-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Congrats Rich. Glad they missed you. (don't expect a kiss from me though)
Never saw a BFD at CC.

JSE
01-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Congrats my friend! They obviously know talent. That or you have some good photos on someone! :D

audio amateur
01-27-2009, 08:26 AM
LOL, they obviously haven't seen you hard at work on the forums while you where supposed to be doing other things!:hand:
Joking aside, I'm happy for you:thumbsup:

Worf101
01-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Dag nabit, we missed...
Reload! Present! Fire!!!!

Damn slippery Texicans....

Da Worfster

Feanor
01-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Ya missed me ya missed me now ya gotta kiiiiss me!
(And my HR rep is hot hot hot!!!)

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Richie lives to play another day. :D

Let the spending resume! I wonder if Circuit City sells BFD's? :ihih:

Dodged the bullet, eh? Good to hear it. I've been in the crosshairs a few times but managed to dodge each time.

My postion is different today. My pension will be at the full amount whenever I retire and I'll be retiring in about a year in anycase. So if they want to let me go today I'd welcome the severance package.

Luvin Da Blues
01-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Great news Rich.:smile5: Now time to rejoice and spend.:9:

ForeverAutumn
01-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Congratulations on remaining employed Rich. That must be a huge relief for you!

As for the kiss. Pucker up! ;)

Rich-n-Texas
01-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Oh MOMMA!!! She kisses sooooo good.:yesnod:

(You wouldn't know would ya GM? :prrr: )

Rich-n-Texas
01-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Dodged the bullet, eh? Good to hear it. I've been in the crosshairs a few times but managed to dodge each time.
This is the third layoff at TI that I've survived. Ironic is that I've been laid off three times in my career. I wonder how I'll fare the next time. :sosp:

My postion is different today. My pension will be at the full amount whenever I retire and I'll be retiring in about a year in anycase. So if they want to let me go today I'd welcome the severance package.
TI, along with a lot of employers here in the states have ended pension plans, so many now have to rely on their 401K's. Not real good when downturns like this one rear their ugly heads. Requires a very watchfull eye.

Anyway, thanks all for the kind words (and kisses :ihih:)

GMichael
01-27-2009, 11:34 AM
Oh MOMMA!!! She kisses sooooo good.:yesnod:

(You wouldn't know would ya GM? :prrr: )

We had many parties here before you started to post.:3:

Rich-n-Texas
01-27-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't care. She kisses me so deeply her lips touch my soul. "She drives me :crazy: "

Groundbeef
01-27-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm glad you were not cut. I thought of you yesterday when I saw TI announce cuts.

GMichael
01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
I don't care. She kisses me so deeply her lips touch my soul. "She drives me :crazy: "

What would Sugar say?:blush2:

Rich-n-Texas
01-27-2009, 11:51 AM
SB'll get her chance. I'm a non-discriminating kisser.

GMichael
01-27-2009, 11:53 AM
(GM hides under the covers)

Rich-n-Texas
01-27-2009, 11:57 AM
I'm glad you were not cut. I thought of you yesterday when I saw TI announce cuts.
40,000 jobs were cut yesterday nationwide, across many industries. TI, with this latest action is of the opinion that this will be a long and protracted recession, and is doing the right thing now instead of patchwork, short term fixes. I consider myself very lucky that I survived and I'm still very proud of the company I work for. Our CEO showed a lot of class, compasion and concern for each and every employee here in the letter he sent out yesterday.

Rich-n-Texas
01-27-2009, 11:58 AM
(GM hides under the covers)
I think I need to narrow the scope of my above comment huh? :o

JSE
01-27-2009, 12:07 PM
I've been trying to get liad off or fired for a few years now. Seriously. I don't really like what I'm doing but there just are not many jobs out there right now. I question upper managment all the time when they are blowing smoke up our arses, I ask hard questions, I don't kiss ass, I do things "my way" and I am constantly volunteering for a " severance package". I would start coming to work drunk but I don't want to drive drunk to get here. Maybe I'll take the bus one day?

Rich-n-Texas
01-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Don't want to burn any bridges. You never know when you may need to depend on them for references. :hand:

ForeverAutumn
01-27-2009, 01:09 PM
I've been trying to get liad off or fired for a few years now. Seriously. I don't really like what I'm doing but there just are not many jobs out there right now. I question upper managment all the time when they are blowing smoke up our arses, I ask hard questions, I don't kiss ass, I do things "my way" and I am constantly volunteering for a " severance package". I would start coming to work drunk but I don't want to drive drunk to get here. Maybe I'll take the bus one day?

I don't know if its different in the US, but in Canada if you're fired with cause (and showing up at work drunk would be cause) you get no severance. You might as well just quit.

Not that I'm making a recommendation. :nonod:

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Rich,
We shaved your wiskers, but we didn't chop off your as...prin. Congrats, you were on my mind yesterday, and I am glad they missed taking you out.

By the way, job losses yesterday stood at 68,000 jobs, in just one day! This is the saddest crap I have ever seen

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-27-2009, 01:55 PM
I don't know if its different in the US, but in Canada if you're fired with cause (and showing up at work drunk would be cause) you get no severance. You might as well just quit.

Not that I'm making a recommendation. :nonod:

Its the same here. If they find cause, no unemployment insurance or severance for ju!

Auricauricle
01-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Good fer you, Tex! Where's that beer you been promisin' me? And stop puckerin' at me like that! I tol' you...!

thekid
01-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Good on ya Tex.......Finally some good economic news!!

Here's to hoping everyone here has continued good success at work and in life as the darkening clouds gather..........

kexodusc
01-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Hey Rich, that's great...now about that $20 you owe me....

bobsticks
01-27-2009, 04:55 PM
I've been trying to get liad off or fired for a few years now. Seriously. I don't really like what I'm doing but there just are not many jobs out there right now. I question upper managment all the time when they are blowing smoke up our arses, I ask hard questions, I don't kiss ass, I do things "my way" ...

I've done pretty well not being a "Yes Man". I slip into DiplomaticSticks mode and kindly tell people that their ideas are full of shiite...respectfully, of course.

BTW Rich, congrats on teh reprieve. These be trying times and I don't want none of my boys hittin' the skids.

Rich-n-Texas
01-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Hey Rich, that's great...now about that $20 you owe me....
I'll send you the $20 as long as you put it towards a new, waterproof camera with a reeeeelly long string attached to it. :biggrin5:

Thanks again everyone for your well wishes.

BTW, in case you didn't notice, there's an announcement at the top of the forum that's a job posting for a webmaster...

JSE
01-29-2009, 08:44 AM
BTW, in case you didn't notice, there's an announcement at the top of the forum that's a job posting for a webmaster...

I'm all over it. I like spiders.

Rich-n-Texas
01-29-2009, 08:54 AM
I think you spelled spiders wrong dopey...

JSE
01-29-2009, 08:58 AM
I think you spelled spiders wrong dopey...

Huh? You still drinking?

Ajani
01-29-2009, 09:58 AM
She kisses me so deeply her lips touch my soul.

I think I'll try that line on my wife tonight... :idea:

Rich-n-Texas
01-29-2009, 10:14 AM
Good luck. It hasn't ever FREAKIN' worked for me! One kiss and I'm out the door. :mad2:

Rich-n-Texas
01-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Huh? You still drinking?
Huh? You still eatin' silly putty? :p

GMichael
01-29-2009, 10:17 AM
Did you grab her butt at the same time?

Rich-n-Texas
01-29-2009, 10:18 AM
I refuse to answer that on the grounds it may intimidate me. :nonod:

ForeverAutumn
01-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Huh? You still eatin' silly putty? :p

LOL. I liked that one...silly putty. Hehehehe.

GM, I'm working very hard to overcome the spider phobia. I even met with a shrink (once), but she wanted me to come once a week for three months (minimum) so that she could delve into the 'reasons' that I'm afraid. Screw that. I don't need to disect my happy childhood to figure out why I'm afraid of spiders.

So I've done a ton of research and am trying to deal with it on my own using NLP techniques.

I even forced myself to look at the picture you posted (that is not, BTW, an invitation for more pictures). But warmer weather and a spider in the house will be the true test of whether this is working.

Ajani
01-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Good luck. It hasn't ever FREAKIN' worked for me! One kiss and I'm out the door. :mad2:

Hmmm... well you might want to try keeping your pants on while you deliver the romantic lines... since, having your baton swinging during the delivery tends to kill the ambiance...

GMichael
01-29-2009, 11:24 AM
LOL. I liked that one...silly putty. Hehehehe.

GM, I'm working very hard to overcome the spider phobia. I even met with a shrink (once), but she wanted me to come once a week for three months (minimum) so that she could delve into the 'reasons' that I'm afraid. Screw that. I don't need to disect my happy childhood to figure out why I'm afraid of spiders.

So I've done a ton of research and am trying to deal with it on my own using NLP techniques.

I even forced myself to look at the picture you posted (that is not, BTW, an invitation for more pictures). But warmer weather and a spider in the house will be the true test of whether this is working.

Glad to hear/read that you are working on your fear. Most people just avoid them. I did some rock climbing to try to deal with my fear of heights. All it really did was give me something to talk about. I still don't like heights.
I deleted the picture anyhow. It has already served it's purpose. (no, scaring you was not it's purpose)

ForeverAutumn
01-29-2009, 12:12 PM
I still don't like heights.

I'll never like spiders. I'd settle for not breaking out in cold sweat and having my 'flight' instinct kick in everytime I see one.

I don't think that anyone ever goes from fear to like, just from fear to tolerance.

GMichael
01-29-2009, 12:24 PM
I'll never like spiders. I'd settle for not breaking out in cold sweat and having my 'flight' instinct kick in everytime I see one.

I don't think that anyone ever goes from fear to like, just from fear to tolerance.

I still couldn't stand next to the glass windows in the towers. 6 inches of glass didn't seem like enough to keep me from falling through it.

kexodusc
01-29-2009, 12:24 PM

What I lack in fear, I make up for disdain...

With all due respect, I think your time would be better spent buying a boot so big with a heel so heavy that complete obliterfication of the nasty bastards is the only possible outcome.

bobsticks
01-29-2009, 12:40 PM
Glad to hear/read that you are working on your fear. Most people just avoid them. I did some rock climbing to try to deal with my fear of heights. All it really did was give me something to talk about. I still don't like heights.

I went down into the subway tunnels of Washington DC and ate rats...no...wait a minute...that was G. Gordon Liddy.

I get confused sometimes.

GMichael
01-29-2009, 12:47 PM
I went down into the subway tunnels of Washington DC and ate rats...no...wait a minute...that was G. Gordon Liddy.

I get confused sometimes.

You ate G. Gordon Liddy?!:eek6:

ForeverAutumn
01-29-2009, 12:48 PM
I still couldn't stand next to the glass windows in the towers. 6 inches of glass didn't seem like enough to keep me from falling through it.

That reminds me of the story of the Toronto lawyer who wanted to demonstrate how strong the glass in his office tower was and threw himself against it. Turns out it wasn't that strong and broke. He plunged to his death.

True story, http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/window.asp

bobsticks
01-29-2009, 12:51 PM
You ate G. Gordon Liddy?!:eek6:

...with fava beans and a good Chianti.

GMichael
01-29-2009, 12:54 PM

And meat balls?:devil:

GMichael
01-29-2009, 12:59 PM
That reminds me of the story of the Toronto lawyer who wanted to demonstrate how strong the glass in his office tower was and threw himself against it. Turns out it wasn't that strong and broke. He plunged to his death.

True story, http://www.snopes.com/horrors/freakish/window.asp

He was a Darwin award nominee a few years back.

Rich-n-Texas
01-29-2009, 01:01 PM
Kitty cats with big feet like spiders. :yesnod:

Auricauricle
01-29-2009, 05:53 PM

Thf-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-ft!

I like your shoes......

bobsticks
01-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Now for the "it's all about me" post...

Do all the upcoming "changes" mean I'm going to get laid this year?

It might be your lucky year Rich...I think ya hear the knockin' on the door and I think ya know who's comin' in...

http://chickenhed.us/images/liddythong_1.jpg

Luvin Da Blues
01-29-2009, 06:50 PM
It might be your lucky year Rich...I think ya hear the knockin' on the door and I think ya know who's comin' in...

Man that's one hard pic to look at. :eek6:

But the post is priceless. :3:

Rich-n-Texas
01-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Good Lord! Where'd you get that picture of Sir T???

:yikes:

Rich-n-Texas
01-30-2009, 05:35 AM
MAN! There were a lot of available parking spaces when I came in this morning. :ihih:

GMichael
01-30-2009, 06:12 AM
MAN! There were a lot of available parking spaces when I came in this morning. :ihih:

That brings back sad memories. I remember when this happened while I was at IBM back in 92. A lot of my friends lost their careers. Looks like they are going throught it again.

Rich-n-Texas
01-30-2009, 07:27 AM
Well, not to lessen the seriousness of the situation, but a large portion of people let go were building maintenance individuals, which keeps the core (we ARE an engineering company) relatively intact.

Don't get me wrong, it is sad that people here, especially those with families are now in the same position as the other millions who've suffered the same fate.

GMichael
01-30-2009, 07:35 AM
I figured that you were just making the best of a bad situation. It just brought back memories. They'd let people go and just distribute the work to those left. If it was too much work, then stay late (without overtime). If you complained, you were told that you were lucky to still have a job.

topspeed
01-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Way to duck, Rich.

Now then, what color was that G8?

Rich-n-Texas
01-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Red sport metallic. It's just about the same color as my current ride. With some sweet smelling Zaino on it... like a fine Burgundy wine. :thumbsup:

Auricauricle
01-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the photo, 'Sticks.

Just what ER's (Emergency Rooms to the uninitiated) need when they run outta ipecac! Eeesh!