Site Freezes Up [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Site Freezes Up

Screefer
01-26-2009, 07:32 AM
I seem to have problems with this website freezing up on me quite often.Wondering if anyone else has the same issue? I am currently doing a complete scan of my computer. I suspect spyware. Its the only site that I have this happen on.

bobsticks
01-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Hey screefer,

It's not spyware, it's the ads. Raise your security status or switch to mozilla. Either option will stop the ads and speed things up.

Peace

--sticks

Rich-n-Texas
01-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Screefer,

It's up to you to make this site work, not the admin.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, good luck. :thumbsup:

Screefer
01-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Thanks Bobsticks I'll try that. Rich-n -Texas, Hope I didn't sound like I was bashing the site. Its a great forum. Ive been enjoying it and learning alot. Just trying to make it work better.

GMichael
01-26-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm guessing that Rich was being sarcastic.

Welcome to AR.

Rich-n-Texas
01-26-2009, 03:08 PM
GMichael is correct. I've been trying to make it work better to, but my suggestions are, and have been falling on deaf ears.

Smokey
01-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Hey screefer,

It's not spyware, it's the ads. Raise your security status.

BINGO! :thumbsup:

Raising the IE security to highest level will speed up loading AR web pages, as well as other "consumer" web sites such as Walmart or Bestbuy (although Amazon still load slow :D).

emesbee
01-26-2009, 05:05 PM
I haven't encountered any problems with this website at all.

Incidentally, I am also a member of an Australian audio site (stereo.net.au), and they have been the subject of a hacker attack recently. Somebody managed to put in a re-direction which sent you to a bogus anti-virus site if you clicked on their link from a google search. I notice that they've currently taken the site down to do a security upgrade, so hopefully they will get on top of it.