Marantz SR 5002 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Marantz SR 5002

Eric A Zinzer
01-23-2009, 01:33 PM
I just ordered a marantz SR 5002 the price was 245.00 and had a lot of ins/ outs.I know its an older model but I dont have a lot dollars .I have a 32 plasma and good speakers .what I am asking is this a good reciever and will the home theater sound good.I will be running 5 speakers powered sub any help would be greatful.keeping in mind I already ordered this.I at this time have a HK 3390 two ch 80watt 42 amp. stereo reciever that has anolog and need the HDMI up grade.I have never owned a marantz but hope there good. Thanks Eric

pixelthis
01-23-2009, 02:37 PM
I just ordered a marantz SR 5002 the price was 245.00 and had a lot of ins/ outs.I know its an older model but I dont have a lot dollars .I have a 32 plasma and good speakers .what I am asking is this a good reciever and will the home theater sound good.I will be running 5 speakers powered sub any help would be greatful.keeping in mind I already ordered this.I at this time have a HK 3390 two ch 80watt 42 amp. stereo reciever that has anolog and need the HDMI up grade.I have never owned a marantz but hope there good. Thanks Eric

DONT KNOW ABOUT your paticular model but every Marantz I have given an extensive
listening session to has sounded sweet.
Only reason I didnt buy one last time was the great deal I got on my Integra.
Besides, a three legged barking dog will be better than the HK.:1:

JohnMichael
01-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Eric welcome to AudioReview. I tried to send you a PM but you do not accept them. Please be patient for an answer to your question. As soon as someone has knowledge of this unit I am sure they will respond. There is no need to start new threads.

frenchmon
01-25-2009, 03:12 AM
No need to worry about the Marantz. Its a very good reciever. I have owned several.

frenchmon

emesbee
01-25-2009, 04:40 AM
I've had a Marantz SR 6200 for a number of years now. Its pretty good, as home theatre receivers go. Being an older model, it doesn't have HDMI, or even component video. Doesn't worry me, as I don't have HDMI yet, and I can easily switch component video signals externally.