Chesky Record Problems? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Chesky Record Problems?

blackraven
01-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know of any problems with Chesky Records? I ordered 2 CD's a couple of weeks ago. I received a conformation Email and # but I have not yet received the CD's. I tried emailing them and get no response. I called their tele # and get a recording to call back during business hours which I have done. I guess I'm going to have to call my credit card company and try and get a refund.

bobsticks
01-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Hey Blackie,

Hate to say it but they're notorious. The almost universal consensus on the Web is that folks would rather deal with a retailer than deal direct. Mayhap Chesky puts a greater emphasis on it's bulk dealer business tha one-offs but your story is not singular. There's a thread about once a year on the 'Gon with the same gruesome details.

Peace

blackraven
01-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Visa said they would refund the cost but want me to wait 5 more days. I purchased it on the 11th but it did not go through to visa until the 19th.

frenchmon
01-25-2009, 12:02 PM
Does anyone know of any problems with Chesky Records? I ordered 2 CD's a couple of weeks ago. I received a conformation Email and # but I have not yet received the CD's. I tried emailing them and get no response. I called their tele # and get a recording to call back during business hours which I have done. I guess I'm going to have to call my credit card company and try and get a refund.

I've never had a problem with them

frenchmon

blackraven
01-25-2009, 12:50 PM
I did a google search and some one else placed an order from them earlier in Jan. and they have the same problem.