Who has the new Andrew Bird? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who has the new Andrew Bird?

ForeverAutumn
01-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Is the deluxe edition worth double the price of the standard edition?

Slosh
01-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Is the deluxe edition worth double the price of the standard edition?Not really, though it is quite good as instrumental rock (although you'd be hard-pressed to find much rock in it) albums go. I can't see myself spinning it just to listen to it with no other distractions. I'm playing it now but obviously I'm doing more than just listening to tunes at the moment.

bobsticks
01-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Is the deluxe edition worth double the price of the standard edition?

Not really. It's a good but not great album whose complexities, while still growing on me, are kinda "samey". Nothing new here...keep it movin'.

Bernd
01-22-2009, 06:10 AM
I bought the deluxe version after Sloshy kindly sent me the single disc download. In my opinion the deluxe adds nothing earthshattering to the single disc. It's a fine album never the less.

noddin0ff
01-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Disk 2 is no great shakes.

ForeverAutumn
01-22-2009, 10:06 AM
Wow. A unanimous 'don't waste your money'. Thanks guys!

3-LockBox
01-22-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm underwhelmed by the entire album actually. If you're really love Bird then I guess its worth having, but it isn't something I'm going to be reaching for very often. It'll fill space on my Ipod well enough though.

02audionoob
01-22-2009, 05:49 PM
I listened to it on Rhapsody and kind of forgot it was playing.

bobsticks
01-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Stone
Aug 22, 2001 4:24 PM
Many of the tracks are very strong in my opinion, but they do vary in style somewhat from one to the next. However, I really think it works. And don't worry, it's not SO varied that it's like a different band from one track to the next, there is just a wide variety of influences and styles - but to me it is very charming and enjoyable. Just don't expect 12 other tracks like "Case In Point". The article dbi posted above describes it well.

Stone

NP: Andrew Bird's Bowl Of Fire "11:11"

Oh the times, they are a-changin'...