Used amp question for Dynaudio 52s [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Used amp question for Dynaudio 52s

ROJ
11-22-2003, 02:37 AM
I just placed an order for a pair of Dynaudio Audience 52s and 42C. I can't wait to get the speakers as they sound much better than my current speakers (Paradigm Titans and CC-170). The Dynaudios are great sounding speakers. Thanks everyone for you feedback in helping me pick the speakers, especially BK, Jetsons, psonic, and RGA.

I am trying to figure out what to do for an amplifier. I have decided to buy a Rotel RMB-1075 amp. I planned on buying a new amp, but my dealer mentioned that they may have a demo model of the RMB-1075 that he may be able to sale, which would save me a few bucks. Several people on this forum have recommended buying used amps at audiogon. Is it also a safe bet to buy an used amp from dealers? Thanks.

-ROJ

jbangelfish
11-22-2003, 07:33 AM
These components should last a very long time. My Parasound amps are nearly 20 years old and my son uses my old Crown which is nearly 30 years old. Rotel should hold up just as well.
Bill

Jetsons
11-25-2003, 07:22 AM
Absolutely!

I would just make certain that you receive the full factory warranty which you SHOULD with a dealer demo. Most gear today, even the kilo buck stuff, do not have a transferable warranty so buying a dealer demo is usually your best bet mainly, a nicely discounted price plus full warranty.

Glad to be of help.:)

Regards,

Jet