How do that not call that interference? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How do that not call that interference?

Swish
01-18-2009, 03:17 PM
I mean, the Eagles still needed to get in the end zone just to tie, but come on. The defender falls into him from behind and no call? And that ends the season? WTF.

02audionoob
01-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Some ref's swallow their whistles in crunch time.

3-LockBox
01-18-2009, 03:48 PM
When they showed the play from behind, it didn't look like he'd knocked him over. But still, it was close. If they had called it, I wouldn't have been surprised, but as it is, the receiver still had his hands on the ball. Sure, McNabb was off on some of his passes, but if you get both hands on the ball, yer supposed to catch it. Philly receivers had some key drops, especially in the first half.

After coming from such a deficit, Philly didn't deserve to go out that way.

MindGoneHaywire
01-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Seeing the play, it looked like a blown non-call. I only saw one replay, and it still looked like too much contact.

Happens.

bobsticks
01-18-2009, 05:37 PM
So much for the Pennsylvania Bowl...

02audionoob
01-18-2009, 05:39 PM
On another topic...the Steelers game...I think the NFL needs to make Roughing The Passer a reviewable call. Good acting performances where an infraction didn't really happen too often have a pivotal impact on the game.

Swish
01-19-2009, 06:55 AM
Seeing the play, it looked like a blown non-call. I only saw one replay, and it still looked like too much contact.

Happens.

Avant got mugged on one drive in the first half, and it was 3rd and 5 or something, so that would have been a first down at about the 5. They ended up with 3 instead of 7. The replay shows he was grabbed and turned, but no whistle. Pathetic and I'm bitter.

Swish
01-19-2009, 06:57 AM
On another topic...the Steelers game...I think the NFL needs to make Roughing The Passer a reviewable call. Good acting performances where an infraction didn't really happen too often have a pivotal impact on the game.

...the first half? They should have flagged the kicker for diving, like they do in the NHL. The only good thing was the Steelers unbelievably ran out of time and couldn't get the kicker out for an easy field goal, so the call didn't really matter. Had they scored, it would have been a travesty. Refs can really ruin a game.

GMichael
01-19-2009, 07:01 AM
There was a lot of contact, but I'm not so sure it made any difference. It didn't look like any of the contact kept the receiver from catching the ball. Very close though. It could have been called.

kexodusc
01-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Yep, I felt the Eagles got screwed royally at several points in the game.
They didn't seem to be arguing a lot of the calls though, but if not for some bad luck I think they'd be in the Superbowl.

Sigh...guess I'm gonna have to cheer for Arizona now...

GMichael
01-19-2009, 07:51 AM
They didn't seem to be arguing a lot of the calls though, but if not for some bad luck I think they'd be in the Superbowl.

Sigh...guess I'm gonna have to cheer for Arizona now...

I'm having trouble making up my mind who to cheer for. Never thought much of Arizona, but I'm no Steeler's fan either. The Steelers should win but it doesn't always work out that way. To top it off, I don't like Bruce doing the half time show.
This year the SB is gonna s.........

Rich-n-Texas
01-19-2009, 08:01 AM
The NASCAR season ain't gonna start soon enough for me! I'm really liking Dale Earnhardt Jr's chances this year. :yesnod:

Finch Platte
01-19-2009, 08:36 AM
I don't watch baseball, so I couldn't tell you.

fp

Troy
01-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Wah wah wah iggles fans. Are you whining about the play where the DB fell on the rcvr's lower legs as he was sliding on his knees? It's a non call because he was on his knees.

It's a contact sport. I'd rather see no calls than calling PI on every other play. As the old saying goes, you can call holding on the OL on every play. I say let 'em play.

The Philly WR's dropped everything in sight. The AZ WRs didn't. The better team won. Get over it.

Without a doubt, the roughing the kicker penalty on Balmer before the half was the worst penalty I've seen in a championship game since Ronny Lott got a phantom call at the end of the game in 1984 that gave a trip to the superbowel to the Redskins. Good thing the call yesterday had no bearing on the outcome of the game.

And Rich, Dale junior is a wanker. If he was anybody else's son he'd never get a ride in an ARCA car let alone in the big show. I hate the whole cult of personality that has invaded NASCAR. The whole image thing is BS, it should be about the racing. As a dyed in the wool motorhead, I'm very curious to see how the economy will affect all racing, world-wide.

Rich-n-Texas
01-19-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm gonna punch you right in the eye Troy. And with the money I get when I return your book, I'm gonna buy a ticket to the race! How do ya like them apples? :incazzato:

Troy
01-19-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm gonna punch you right in the eye Troy. And with the money I get when I return your book, I'm gonna buy a ticket to the race! How do ya like them apples? :incazzato:

Whatever, the guy's a bum. He's never even come close to living up to expectations, so typical when it comes to epic cases of nepotism like his. Racing royalty my ass.

Ex Lion Tamer
01-19-2009, 10:51 AM
And Rich, Dale junior is a wanker. If he was anybody else's son he'd never get a ride in an ARCA car let alone in the big show. I hate the whole cult of personality that has invaded NASCAR. The whole image thing is BS, it should be about the racing. As a dyed in the wool motorhead, I'm very curious to see how the economy will affect all racing, world-wide.

It's already affected F1 and us in Montreal as Ecclestone has pulled the plug on the Canadian GP. This is pretty big news here as I think that except for 1 year, there has been a Canadian GP at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve every year since 1978.) Plus Honda has pulled out of F1 (and maybe other racing too). I can't imagine that other manufacturers are too pleased that F1 has no race in the largest car buying market in the world. Ecclestone is such an A-hole!

02audionoob
01-19-2009, 10:53 AM
...the first half? They should have flagged the kicker for diving, like they do in the NHL. The only good thing was the Steelers unbelievably ran out of time and couldn't get the kicker out for an easy field goal, so the call didn't really matter. Had they scored, it would have been a travesty. Refs can really ruin a game.

That's exactly the instance I was talking about. If they don't want to make it reviewable, I like the idea of a flag for taking a dive. Another option could be for the league to impose a fine outside of the game as a deterrent but the leave the rules alone.

The Eagles were very classy and professional about the whole thing, including their interaction with the Cards after the game, as far as I could see.

Finch Platte
01-19-2009, 11:55 AM
And with the money I get when I return your book, I'm gonna buy a ticket to the race! How do ya like them apples? :incazzato:

Wow- what a great idea! Too bad I had him sign mine. :frown2:

Rich-n-Texas
01-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Whatever, the guy's a bum. He's never even come close to living up to expectations, so typical when it comes to epic cases of nepotism like his. Racing royalty my ass.
:Yawn:

Sorry, I don't feel like playing today grease monkey.

Troy
01-19-2009, 01:08 PM
It's already affected F1 and us in Montreal as Ecclestone has pulled the plug on the Canadian GP. This is pretty big news here as I think that except for 1 year, there has been a Canadian GP at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve every year since 1978.) Plus Honda has pulled out of F1 (and maybe other racing too). I can't imagine that other manufacturers are too pleased that F1 has no race in the largest car buying market in the world. Ecclestone is such an A-hole!

Yep, It's like F1 survives in spite of Bernie, not because of Bernie, but wasn't dropping Canada decided before the economic turndown? Yep, the economy will have a greater affect on racing than any other sport.

Swish
01-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Wah wah wah iggles fans. Are you whining about the play where the DB fell on the rcvr's lower legs as he was sliding on his knees? It's a non call because he was on his knees.

It's a contact sport. I'd rather see no calls than calling PI on every other play. As the old saying goes, you can call holding on the OL on every play. I say let 'em play.

The Philly WR's dropped everything in sight. The AZ WRs didn't. The better team won. Get over it.

Without a doubt, the roughing the kicker penalty on Balmer before the half was the worst penalty I've seen in a championship game since Ronny Lott got a phantom call at the end of the game in 1984 that gave a trip to the superbowel to the Redskins. Good thing the call yesterday had no bearing on the outcome of the game.

Next to racquetball, it's my favorite sport. However, I disagree that there wasn't contact, and the Eagles walloped them 48-20 back in November, so I won't concede AZ is the 'best team', although I hope they beat the effin Steelers.

Swish
01-19-2009, 01:13 PM
The NASCAR season ain't gonna start soon enough for me! I'm really liking Dale Earnhardt Jr's chances this year. :yesnod:

'The cars on the track go round and round, round and round, round and round...'

I'm yawning with excitement. Now open wheel racing...

Hyfi
01-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Choke as usual!!!

I predicted that Philly would choke a few weeks ago here but it should have come as no surprise to anyone. It's just what they do best.

What I really want to know is who paid off Akers? He NEVER kicks off out of bounds and he did it twice. He never misses extra points and he did. He rarely misses easy field goals, and he did. Yada yada laces wrong way.....shouldn't even matter on a routine extra point. What are the Monday Morning coaches using for the miffed kickoff excuses?

Fitzgerald is about the best receiver I have seen in a long time on any team. I'm also pretty sure if we had him, McNabb would throw it behind him, too hard, or in the dirt.

I am just glad they got the loss over with instead of choking on another Super Bowl. They just don't want it bad enough and it shows by the way they are not consistent from game to game regardless of the comeback they had this season.

GO FLYERS!!!!!

3-LockBox
01-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Before anyone gets too concerned with the few close calls that mighta gone either way, lets not forget the blown out-of-bounds kickoff call that wasn't. The Cards recovered their own kickoff on the Eagles 25yd line, and they should had the ball there, but the refs blew the whistle, and said the play was non-reviewable. Whisenhunt had to rasie hell to keep the refs from placing the ball at the 40! The Eagles may have gone into halftime down more than 18 points.

Slosh
01-20-2009, 03:54 PM
AZ was clearly the better prepared team. The only reason Philly came back at all was because AZ got conservative with their offense in the second half trying to sit on a substantial lead. Once they figured out it wasn't working and had lost the lead their game plan went back to what they were doing in the first half and marched right down the field and ate up 7+ min. in the process. Gotta give them credit.