Disappointing weekend purchases [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing weekend purchases

Dave_G
03-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Well, it was bound to happen.

Do you ever go cd shopping and get all excited about your purchase and then get kind of bummed after you listen?

Happened to me this weekend.

I picked out 2 titles : The new Stranglers cd and an older 2 disc Bunny Wailer set.

The Stranglers was $24.99 + tax (yikes yowee zowee) and the Bunny was $19.99 + tax (not bad at all for a 2 disc set).

I hedged back and forth about the Stranglers disc, I have liked them for many many years, but their recent studio output has been weak, but the sticker on the front of this one promised great things.

Well, it's more of the same. I am way disappointed.

And the Bunny - well, similar too, it's good but not great classic stuff I was hoping for.

So basically I dropped 50 bucks for 3 cd's I really dont dig all that much.

I hate it when that happens.

Dave

newtrix1
03-15-2004, 06:15 PM

Dave

HALF.COM (is that a word? Two perhaps?) :confused:

Audio Girl
03-15-2004, 09:18 PM
I went into a self-imposed exile from purchases for a while. Part of it just had to do with the fact that nothing rang my chimes. Part of it had to do with I'd been burned on expectations. This last round of purchases went well...but heck, it'd been a long time my dear. Probably struck gold on 75%...but I hadn't purchased in quite a while and maybe most things just sounded good. :-)

Sell those babies you can't stand on half.com. You'll get a portion of your hard-earned dollars returned.

Well, it was bound to happen.

Do you ever go cd shopping and get all excited about your purchase and then get kind of bummed after you listen?

Happened to me this weekend.

I picked out 2 titles : The new Stranglers cd and an older 2 disc Bunny Wailer set.

The Stranglers was $24.99 + tax (yikes yowee zowee) and the Bunny was $19.99 + tax (not bad at all for a 2 disc set).

I hedged back and forth about the Stranglers disc, I have liked them for many many years, but their recent studio output has been weak, but the sticker on the front of this one promised great things.

Well, it's more of the same. I am way disappointed.

And the Bunny - well, similar too, it's good but not great classic stuff I was hoping for.

Dave