Comps circa 1972-3 on call.. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Comps circa 1972-3 on call..

jasn
03-15-2004, 12:50 PM
From behind the curtain, I show you my Rock n Roll soul

Where the F**k are We?
Emerson, Lake and Palmer - From the Beginning
Yes - Starship Trooper
The Moody Blues - Melancholy Man
Harry Nilsson - Jump Into The Fire
The James Gang - Tend My Garden
Neil Young with Crazy Horse - Down By The River
Pink Floyd - Time
Bloodrock - DOA
Alice Cooper - Second Coming
Jethro Tull - My God
Led Zeppelin - No Quarter

You’re Freakin’ Me Out!
The Moody Blues – It’s Up To You
Manasas - Song Of Love/Rock 'n Roll Crazies/Cuban Bluegrass/Jet Set/Anyway
Loggins and Messina - Trilogy: Lovin' Me/To Make a Woman Feel Wanted/Peace of Mind
Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Karn Evil 9
The Moody Blues - Knights in White Satin
Rod Stewart - (I Know) I’m Losing You
Mott The Hoople – Drivin’ Sister
The Who – Won’t Get Fooled Again
Harry Nilsson - Coconut
Deep Purple - Never Before
Led Zeppelin - Your Time Is Gonna Come

jasn
03-15-2004, 12:52 PM
I put these two comps together for some old friends, going back to 1972-3. This was a time when I had graduated high school in 1972, was grinding through thirteenth grade at the local community college, and dedicated many hours and burned many gallons of soon-to-be-hard-to-find gasoline driving around with buds; burning other combustible things wrapped in paper (think buds again); and listening to music. It was on these trips, wandering the local roads and neighborhoods, that rock music became the indelible soundtrack to my life, and to this day I continue to seek out the latest and most satisfying sounds (hence my mostly lurking and occasional posting here at RR).

The comp titles come from what I recall as the two most frequently uttered statements from the passengers in the car of the hour, usually late on a Friday or Saturday night, whereas the driver’s goal was to find a town, road or both that no one else knew how they got to or how to get back from. The sound source was always an 8-track (cassettes weren’t available yet) and the volume was as loud as you could get those Jensen 6"x9" coaxials to go.

I realize these tracks are not necessarily under-played or unique, but they all come from artists I distinctly remember from the cruises. I wish I knew then what I know now, or even a few years later from that time, because I found so many other great tunes that I would have treated my friends to. I don’t think we suffered too bad though, and I really like how the segues came out using the latest version of Feurio!. BTW, I am not providing a track list for my friends, just to make the first listen a little mysterious.

This time period also has a finite cut-of for me, as in January 1974 I left NY for the Air Force, and never really had the chance to reconstruct these cruises on my return leaves. I've kept only marginal contact with these people since, so I put this together and will send them out as a token of affection for the good, old days. (As many are likely not as into music as I still am, most will probably not remember half of these cuts, but that's OK)

Copies are most graciously offered to anybody interested. Just PM me and I’ll send them along.

Audio Girl
03-15-2004, 09:26 PM
that I have responsibility for bring music from the years 1970 - 1974. I don't have this PM thing quite figured out...my email account is a hotmail account preceded with mlcheist.

Best,
Mary

I put these two comps together for some old friends, going back to 1972-3. This was a time when I had graduated high school in 1972, was grinding through thirteenth grade at the local community college, and dedicated many hours and burned many gallons of soon-to-be-hard-to-find gasoline driving around with buds; burning other combustible things wrapped in paper (think buds again); and listening to music. It was on these trips, wandering the local roads and neighborhoods, that rock music became the indelible soundtrack to my life, and to this day I continue to seek out the latest and most satisfying sounds (hence my mostly lurking and occasional posting here at RR).

The comp titles come from what I recall as the two most frequently uttered statements from the passengers in the car of the hour, usually late on a Friday or Saturday night, whereas the driver’s goal was to find a town, road or both that no one else knew how they got to or how to get back from. The sound source was always an 8-track (cassettes weren’t available yet) and the volume was as loud as you could get those Jensen 6"x9" coaxials to go.

I realize these tracks are not necessarily under-played or unique, but they all come from artists I distinctly remember from the cruises. I wish I knew then what I know now, or even a few years later from that time, because I found so many other great tunes that I would have treated my friends to. I don’t think we suffered too bad though, and I really like how the segues came out using the latest version of Feurio!. BTW, I am not providing a track list for my friends, just to make the first listen a little mysterious.

This time period also has a finite cut-of for me, as in January 1974 I left NY for the Air Force, and never really had the chance to reconstruct these cruises on my return leaves. I've kept only marginal contact with these people since, so I put this together and will send them out as a token of affection for the good, old days. (As many are likely not as into music as I still am, most will probably not remember half of these cuts, but that's OK)

Copies are most graciously offered to anybody interested. Just PM me and I’ll send them along.

jasn
03-16-2004, 05:47 AM
I sent you a hotmail AG, and also sent you a Private Message through here. Look just below your sign-in name at the top of the screen and it should give you a place to click on. In the future, just click on the name of a person you want to contact here and it will give you an option to send a message.

Thanks for the request. I hope you like the tunes...