Furutech power cords [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Furutech power cords

stephennic
01-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Hi,

Has anyone tried the Furutech Fp-314ag cable or any Furutech power cable? I found it nice and detailed however a little forward in the mids. Will this change with burn in? If so -how many hours? Have anyone compared them to other brands?

Thanks,

Steve.

stephennic
01-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Has anyone got any feedback?

Cheers,

Steve.

Mr Peabody
01-20-2009, 03:42 PM
I have not used any Furutech. They say cables need some burn in time but honestly if there was any difference in the sound from out of the box, to whenever, on cables I did try it was so gradual I didn't notice. I think if you aren't happy with them now you should take them back and try another brand. On the other hand, if "forward mids" is inherent to your equipment and the cables are just bringing that out you may have the same experience. But only experimenting will show you.

What gear are you using?

Kevio
01-20-2009, 08:51 PM
They say cables need some burn in time but honestly if there was any difference in the sound from out of the box, to whenever, on cables I did try it was so gradual I didn't notice.I presume the "They" recommending burn-in are the manufacturers who want to stall for time while you get past buyer's remorse. I can't think of any physical process that would change a cable as it is used.

stephennic
01-21-2009, 02:31 AM
I have not used any Furutech. They say cables need some burn in time but honestly if there was any difference in the sound from out of the box, to whenever, on cables I did try it was so gradual I didn't notice. I think if you aren't happy with them now you should take them back and try another brand. On the other hand, if "forward mids" is inherent to your equipment and the cables are just bringing that out you may have the same experience. But only experimenting will show you.

What gear are you using?

Hi,
Im using rotel and nad power amps and valve pre with kimber and nordost cables. I have both a consonance cd-120 linear as cd player and old marantz cd63se with B&W 330i speakers modified from the 80's.

In my experience in buying cables i have noticed generally an opening up of the soundstage and often smoothening (not as harsh or brash) of the sound - so i wanted to know if that is thecase with furutech.

Cheers,

Steve.