Weird Al [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Weird Al

Finch Platte
01-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Why not, I ast ya?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mEQUpAICv6w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mEQUpAICv6w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

fp

3-LockBox
01-12-2009, 07:26 PM
all RHCP members have denounced this effort. Yes, they gave permission, but felt Yankovic tried to make them look stupid in the video. Which of course means, that Wierd Al nailed it perfectly.

kexodusc
01-13-2009, 05:22 AM
all RHCP members have denounced this effort. Yes, they gave permission, but felt Yankovic tried to make them look stupid in the video. Which of course means, that Wierd Al nailed it perfectly.

Yankovic goes above the minimum legal standard of just paying royalties and pretty much always asks for permission. After his mid 1980's work, how can anyone give that permission and then NOT expect at least a little ribbing? Morons. I'd say Anthony and the gang should just shut up and grow a set but I wonder if they still would have issue with it if it happened today...they seem to be a bit less, uhh, into themselves than they were back then.

Hyfi
01-13-2009, 05:29 AM
This was friggin hilarious! He does the tune better than the poppers themselves.

Yaba Do Yaba Do now!

ForeverAutumn
01-13-2009, 06:33 AM
Yeah, what Hyfi said!

Finch Platte
01-13-2009, 07:49 AM
all RHCP members have denounced this effort. Yes, they gave permission, but felt Yankovic tried to make them look stupid in the video.

You've got to be kidding.

What meatheads. :out:

Auricauricle
01-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks, Finchie! Made my day!

Swish
01-15-2009, 09:47 AM
...how is Osama Bin Laden (or Sadam Husein, or a Hamas terrorist) like Fred Flintstone? When they look outside they both see rubble.

kexodusc
01-15-2009, 12:05 PM
...how is Osama Bin Laden (or Sadam Husein, or a Hamas terrorist) like Fred Flintstone? When they look outside they both see rubble.
I was waiting for a punch line about living in holes or caves...

Finch Platte
01-15-2009, 02:05 PM
I was waiting for a punch line about living in holes or caves...

So, did you miss the actual punch line? :confused:

kexodusc
01-15-2009, 03:19 PM
So, did you miss the actual punch line? :confused:
I usually just laugh when everyone else does so nobody notices, but I'm pleased to say this time I guessed right. Years of mom stuffing those ****ty vitamins down my gullet paid off, Barney was the only one that didn't taste like HCl.