Mitsubishi HC7000 or Sony VPH G70Q ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi HC7000 or Sony VPH G70Q ?

Florian
01-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Hello everyone,

now that my audio system is for the most part done i am thinking about adding some video playback to it. I already have a Sony VPH G70Q projector but i am thinking about saving this baby for my house that we might build in 1 to 2 years since it needs a dedicated room which is completely dark.

So i looked around and found the new Mitsubishi HC7000 projector to be quite good as a temporary solution in the living room. The new room is 22ft by 40ft and the picture should be around 8ft wide while we sit aprox. 30ft away from it.

Any opinions?

Thanks

bobsticks
01-12-2009, 12:28 AM
What size screen you gonna squeeze between those bad boys, Flo?

Florian
01-12-2009, 12:36 AM
I guess about 8 to 10 feet. Not sure yet, the speaker takes up a lot of space :idea:

bobsticks
01-12-2009, 12:46 AM
I'm not going to pretend to know from firsthand experience but there's a review here (http://www.projectorcentral.com/mitsubishi_hc7000_projector_review.htm) that suggests that this model isn't the optimal one for home theater. It gives the Mits a glowing review for contrast and performance but it may be telling that they went so far as to suggest that it needed very dark conditions.

Remembering the gallery pictures you've posted it seems your room has a fair degree of light. From the specs the HC7000 appears to be a pretty damn good model on paper but I'd suggest a trial run before making any final decisions.

Florian
01-12-2009, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the link!

It would seem that this may not be the ideal projector, i am talking to a friend of mine with his own cinema and he suggested the previous model the HCA6000. I am going to take a look at it. I just bought a new car so money is a bit tight at the moment. The budget should not exceed 5000$ for the projector.

Thanks for your help :-)

bobsticks
01-12-2009, 01:09 AM
My pleasure, brother. You've helped me plenty in the past.I, for one, will be interested to read how it turns out.

Peace

Florian
01-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Thanks!

I will keep you guys informed, a lot of things changed. New job, new car, girlfriend moved in and more....