Official Sopranos season 5 discussion... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Official Sopranos season 5 discussion...

Chris
03-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Anyone keeping up on things this season? catch any of the first two episodes? Wanna point out any of the story lines and sub-story lines? Let's use this thread to do so....

After watching the first episode, I was a little disappointed there was so much emphasis put on Dr. Melfi. Thank god the second episode didn't have any of her in there. Last night's episode was a bit better in my opinion, showing more of what's to come as far as organizational conflicts - the NY crew and Carmine's son. Adrianna is headed down a slippery slope and will most likely not make it out alive. I think Janice will be causing more trouble now that she's married to Bobby - she's closer to the action. And I have a feeling Paulie and Christopher aren't done with their little feud from episode one last week - watch something go down between them. The insertion of Tony B. brings a lot of intrigue too - not at all what I expected, as I'm sure many were surprised. I have a feeling that he will cause Tony S. some problems in the near future.

Any other thoughts?

JSE
03-15-2004, 11:45 AM
The first episode was a little dull. The second was a little better. I think maybe these two episodes are for setup. I like that Tony has a little more of an edge so far. He was getting pretty soft last season. He's seems to be back to his ruthless killer self.

I also agree that there will be a lot of conflicts and power struggles this season and next. Looks like there is going to be a lot of violence.

Yes, Adrianna is toast. She'll get it by season's end. She and Christopher will break up as well, setting up her demise. Chris will hook up with baldy. Those who watched will know who I am talking about.

Tony B.? He's quite now but will probably snap in the next episode or so and become a ruthless killer as well. Although, I think he and Tony will be at odds. He's a great actor so it will be interesting to see his character evolve.

Overall, I thinks it's going to be a great season, less personal family and more mob family.

JSE

Woochifer
03-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Best thing about the Sopranos is just how they can make twist the mundane, and make the outrageous seem routine. I mean, something as simple as Tony ripping out the home theater components and depriving Carmela and her cadre of their movie night is just rife with conflict. Contrast that with how casually Paulie and Christopher whacked that waiter outside the restaurant last week.

Tony B. looks like a very intriguing character already, and something tells me that Johnny's going to get into the middle of something pretty soon with him.

This is going to be an interesting season with Tony S. because he won't have his family around to give him grief. In a way though, that whole "normal" family dynamic was really what made the first three seasons click and set the Sopranos apart from other dramas while avoiding the most obvious mob movie cliches. One of my favorite episodes was when Tony coincidentally spotted a mob informant while taking Meadow around on college visits. That whole twisting of Tony playing the doting dad while trying to free up time to knock off that informant was pretty crazy. Looks like we won't have as much of that this season, since the plot lines are heavily tilted towards all the mob stuff.

Worf101
03-15-2004, 02:14 PM
As a long time 'friend o da family" and having grown up in Queens near a big "family" stronghold I follow this show pretty closely. As for this season I like it so far. I liked Tony's obsession with Melfi... but I'm really worried about his long-term mental state. This separation has him losing his temper, misjudging people, over-reaching and drinking and hoin' way too much. He's got a mob war comin' in New York with Johnny Sac and Carmine Junior... He's got to be on his toes to prevent his family gettin caught on the wrong side of the dime.

I like the concept Wooch brought up about The Soprano's making the mundane outrageous and the outrageos mundane. I was stunned that Little Tony's trying to go straight and that this would piss Tony off so much. I think its one very clever twist. One thing that's not plausible however is that Little T would be allowed to associate with known felon's and not immediately violate his parole? Don't the Fed's have this practice as well?

I'm just glad that after 14 months we've something new to chew on.

Hey one other thing, how bout givin ourselves Mob nicknames?

I like "Big Bad" as in Big Bad Worf....

Da Worfster :D

Chris
03-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Anyone see how Adrianna's friend was all over Chris? Then Adrianna retaliates by giving her name to the feds to get her out of the picture... definitely going to catch up with her sooner than we probably think. I really liked the scene at "movie night" with the others where she almost broke down and told everyone. I bet you Rose catches on to Adrianna's little scene, since it came right after they had their little talk about the "apostle protection program" :)

Anyone else like the "Where's Tubbs?" reference? You knew that was coming as soon as you saw the suit.

JSE
03-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Anyone see how Adrianna's friend was all over Chris? Then Adrianna retaliates by giving her name to the feds to get her out of the picture... definitely going to catch up with her sooner than we probably think. I really liked the scene at "movie night" with the others where she almost broke down and told everyone. I bet you Rose catches on to Adrianna's little scene, since it came right after they had their little talk about the "apostle protection program" :)

Anyone else like the "Where's Tubbs?" reference? You knew that was coming as soon as you saw the suit.

Adrianna's friend will probably hook up with Christopher. That's when Adrianna will go crazy and end up getting whacked.

JSE

Worf101
03-17-2004, 06:57 AM
Here's my un-offical odds on who's "got that whackin' feelin" on the Soprano's Tell me what you think...

1. Dr. Melfi - 12 to 1 she get's it. If she does it's only becuase a paranoid Tony can't let her live.

2. Johnny Sack - Better than 5 to 1 he get's it... too big for his britches...

3. Little Carmine - 2 to 1 he's gone in two weeks time.

4. Adrianna - 4 to 1 she'd dead, probably by suicide or car wreck.

5. Tony S - 3 to 1 he's whacked in the final episode... by Furio (I hope)

6. Chris - He doens't get whacked but he goes to Prison....

7. Paulie - The Russian comes from the grave to whack him 3 to 1...

Dat's my story and I'm stickin to it....

Big Bad Worf..... :o

Ex Lion Tamer
03-19-2004, 08:46 AM
5. Tony S - 3 to 1 he's whacked in the final episode... by Furio (I hope)
Big Bad Worf..... :o

I pretty much buy into your posted odds, except on Tony... 20-1 I'd say. The odds would shorten considerably, it this is the last season, but I heard that production has already started on season 6.

Worf101
03-19-2004, 10:05 PM
I pretty much buy into your posted odds, except on Tony... 20-1 I'd say. The odds would shorten considerably, it this is the last season, but I heard that production has already started on season 6.

I listened to the guy dat plays Fat Bobby Bacalla on Imus last Monday and he said they'd not even started on season 5 and that that was definately the last season... I wonder which rumor is true???

Da Worfster

Rikki
03-28-2004, 10:47 AM
I like this season better than last season so far. I like those new characters that are just out of prison, the show needed some fresh blood. I also like the Adrianna stool pigeon storyline as well.

Last week I loved when Paulie knocked that landscaping guy out of the tree, that was hilarious!

Worf101
03-29-2004, 07:14 AM
Man it's bad enough what he's doin to Carmella but damn what he did to Feech was low... right down there with what Adrianna did to her rival. Ouch... something else. Which do you feel was worse, a bullet in the head or a trip back inside for probably the rest of your life? That was just some plain cold a** s**t if you ask me.

Da Worfster :rolleyes:

Lexmark3200
03-29-2004, 12:47 PM
Okay, okay people.....lets all admit that the best part of the new season so far has to be when the chick gangster....what's her name (cant think of it) is being tied up by Frank Vincent (Billy Bats from Goodfellas) and she's like "Come on guys....I'll suck your cocks....all you guys!" And Vincent is like "You'll suck our cocks?" and he looks over at the chick's bodyguard who is tied up on the floor and is like "Is she any good? What the **** am I asking you for, you probably showed her how...." Now I dont know about the rest of you Audio Review gentlemen, but I sure would have let her suck on the ol' frazole if you know what I mean.....CLASSIC!

Also noteworthy additions are: Steve Buscemi (I dont trust his character---he is up to something), Robert Loggia (remember him as Frank Lopez in Scarface? Awesome!), this week's episode with David Lee Roth PLAYING HIMSELF.....and even FRANKIE VALLI!

Rikki
03-30-2004, 06:15 AM
The chick gangster (I can't think of her name either) got killed last week, so unfortunately we won't get to hear her little gems any more. David Lee Roth was hilarious, he said something like "I used to own stock in condoms". Lawrence Taylor (LT) (former NY Giants linebacker) also had a small part playing poker as well. I do remember Frank Lopez in Scarface (Hey Frank do you know what a Hossa is ? It's a pig that don't fly straight), his character on the Sopranos is much tougher though.

Lexmark3200
03-30-2004, 10:56 AM
The chick gangster (I can't think of her name either) got killed last week, so unfortunately we won't get to hear her little gems any more. David Lee Roth was hilarious, he said something like "I used to own stock in condoms". Lawrence Taylor (LT) (former NY Giants linebacker) also had a small part playing poker as well. I do remember Frank Lopez in Scarface (Hey Frank do you know what a Hossa is ? It's a pig that don't fly straight), his character on the Sopranos is much tougher though.

Hell yeah Loggia's character is much tougher-----the "YOU KNOW WHAT A CHAZZAH IS?Its a pig that dont fly straight" line is ****in CLASSIC!!!

By the way, that slut's name was LORRAINE in Sopranos....she had HUGE tits though....did you see those ****in things floppin around when she was running and getting her ass slapped by a wet towel?

Woochifer
03-30-2004, 08:13 PM
Man it's bad enough what he's doin to Carmella but damn what he did to Feech was low... right down there with what Adrianna did to her rival. Ouch... something else. Which do you feel was worse, a bullet in the head or a trip back inside for probably the rest of your life? That was just some plain cold a** s**t if you ask me.

Yeah, that was pretty cold what happened to Feech. Something tells me that we ain't heard the last of him! But, geez what they did to Lorraine?! WTF? I thought she'd be a major character this season, but they killed her off before her character even did anything. Not to play the political correctness card, but I was looking forward to seeing a stronger female character in the thick of the mob stories. But, the way that she got did in, I thought that was a bit over the line. Besides, I have fond puberty-era memories of Patti D'Arbanville from her younger days on some of those late night Ckinemax softcore flicks, and was looking forward to "catching up"! Shame on you Johnny Sack!

Lexmark3200
04-18-2004, 09:43 PM
The last two episodes of this show has sucked; anyone else agree? They call this a crime drama? Where is the action? Seems like tonight's episode with Tony and this old bat his daddy used to bang is simply a pillow by which we can go to sleep while watching these ridiculous episodes; next week's seems like it's gonna be good.

What's with the big titted whores twirling around the poles of Badda Bing? They simply cant dance, can they?

Worf101
04-19-2004, 12:25 PM
The last two episodes of this show has sucked; anyone else agree? They call this a crime drama? Where is the action? Seems like tonight's episode with Tony and this old bat his daddy used to bang is simply a pillow by which we can go to sleep while watching these ridiculous episodes; next week's seems like it's gonna be good.

What's with the big titted whores twirling around the poles of Badda Bing? They simply cant dance, can they?

Yeah, I thought last nights episode really sucked it out the wazzooo. I thought last weeks with the Little Tony's meltdown and Carmella finally gettin her pipes cleaned was a great episode. Hell just seein' her butt as it wiggled to the bathroom was worth it for me. I think that Prof though was one douchebago for kickin' her to the curb. He's gonna be killed anyway cause, when she gets mad, Carm can't keep her big, fat mouth shut, ask Furio. But I agree, last night bit one big turd.

Woochifer
04-19-2004, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I thought last nights episode really sucked it out the wazzooo. I thought last weeks with the Little Tony's meltdown and Carmella finally gettin her pipes cleaned was a great episode. Hell just seein' her butt as it wiggled to the bathroom was worth it for me. I think that Prof though was one douchebago for kickin' her to the curb. He's gonna be killed anyway cause, when she gets mad, Carm can't keep her big, fat mouth shut, ask Furio. But I agree, last night bit one big turd.

I dunno, I kinda liked the story thread with Christopher and his AA partner. Just the absurdity of Christopher trying to do the tough love bit after the other dude fell of the wagon was pretty hilarious considering that the crew just busted him in the chops just a few days earlier for nonpayment (and what about the scene in the pawn shop with the Emmy award? $15 after melting it down?! pretty funny).

And while I thought the storyline with Tony and his dad's old mistress got disjointed at times, the whole premise with tying the missing pieces together with his parents was a pretty bold storyline. I think it was a great idea, but the execution wasn't as good as it could have been. (they could've really ratched up the tension of those scenes more, it seemed like Tony could've banged her or killed her just as easily)

Lexmark3200
04-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Wooch and Worf make GREAT arguments for the last episode; they really do. Although I gotta say fellas, seeing Carmella's ass and tits dont do it for me.....I'd **** Adriana silly before Id touch Carm or any of those skanks on the dance floor of Badda Bing.

Worf101
04-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Wooch and Worf make GREAT arguments for the last episode; they really do. Although I gotta say fellas, seeing Carmella's ass and tits dont do it for me.....I'd **** Adriana silly before Id touch Carm or any of those skanks on the dance floor of Badda Bing.

"Silence dogs, you're not worthy to lick her feet!!!!!"

Boy how young is you? Don't you know that the best, nastiest, steamiest sex in the world is "divorced older catholic womens"? Are you silly? Adrianna's pretty, but she's a coke ho' and a snitch.... are you on crack? Now Carm or Dr. Melfi, there's some prime, middle age womanhood ready to get their respective freaks-on. They'll f**k you like champ, clothe you right, feed you good and... to quote that great western philosipher Sir Bernard of Hill...

"They don't yell, they don't swell and they're grateful as hell... give me an older woman every time".

I have spoken...

Da Worfster

:cool:

Lexmark3200
04-19-2004, 08:30 PM
"Silence dogs, you're not worthy to lick her feet!!!!!"

Boy how young is you? Don't you know that the best, nastiest, steamiest sex in the world is "divorced older catholic womens"? Are you silly? Adrianna's pretty, but she's a coke ho' and a snitch.... are you on crack? Now Carm or Dr. Melfi, there's some prime, middle age womanhood ready to get their respective freaks-on. They'll f**k you like champ, clothe you right, feed you good and... to quote that great western philosipher Sir Bernard of Hill...

"They don't yell, they don't swell and they're grateful as hell... give me an older woman every time".

I have spoken...

Da Worfster

:cool:

Hahahhahahaha....agreed on Adrianna....she is a ****in skank ho.....but GOD DAMN does she have some ****in body on her, Worf Man.....I'd **** her with nothin' but some nice high heels on her sexy feet and give her face the vanilla shake its been askin for....

As for Melfi, she sure does look sexy in those short tight skirts of hers....but something about her screams "Karen From Goodfellas" and just doesnt do it for me....Tony's fantasies of ****in' her on her desk or her riding his Italian pork pole while her tits bounce around and that ass slaps against his nutsack are hot....Ill give you that....but Carmella? I dont think I'd wanna touch Edie Falco....especially after seeing her in HBO's OZ.

That's my 2 centz and Im stickin to it!

Peace All.

Worf101
04-20-2004, 06:20 AM
I dunno, I kinda liked the story thread with Christopher and his AA partner. Just the absurdity of Christopher trying to do the tough love bit after the other dude fell of the wagon was pretty hilarious considering that the crew just busted him in the chops just a few days earlier for nonpayment (and what about the scene in the pawn shop with the Emmy award? $15 after melting it down?! pretty funny).

And while I thought the storyline with Tony and his dad's old mistress got disjointed at times, the whole premise with tying the missing pieces together with his parents was a pretty bold storyline. I think it was a great idea, but the execution wasn't as good as it could have been. (they could've really ratched up the tension of those scenes more, it seemed like Tony could've banged her or killed her just as easily)

I just don't have much sympathy for low life gambling, brokedown addicts and such. My dad had a drinking and gambling problem that plagued him off and on all his life. He's the reason I never started drinking, smokin' or gamblin'. "Oh woe is me" stories do resonate with me I suppose. The Dad's mistress story lost me. What was the purpose of finding out about this character? To show his mom in a more favorable light? To show how much Tony's like his lieing cheatin dad? I didn't get it. Maybe I'll watch it again this week and find out what I'd missed.

Da Worfster

Worf101
04-26-2004, 10:25 AM
Hey guys that pool scene was HOT, HOT, HOT!!!! I love Edie Falco, I want her horny and naked anytime, anywhere I can get her. Now the question I got is this. Little Tony whacks one of Johnny Sac's guys while he's in his car with a call girl. The girl says her name is "Heather", she looks vaguely familiar to me but I don't place it. She gets whacked by Little Tony for being in "the wrong place at the wrong time". The question is is this Heather the same Heather that was Meadow's (Tony's daughter) ace, spoon... back in the day? If so.... how far has she fallen and damn if there isn't gonna be fallout over that. I thought the whole episode was fantastic. Can't wait to see next weeks.

Da Worfster :cool:

JSE
04-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Hey guys that pool scene was HOT, HOT, HOT!!!! I love Edie Falco, I want her horny and naked anytime, anywhere I can get her. Now the question I got is this. Little Tony whacks one of Johnny Sac's guys while he's in his car with a call girl. The girl says her name is "Heather", she looks vaguely familiar to me but I don't place it. She gets whacked by Little Tony for being in "the wrong place at the wrong time". The question is is this Heather the same Heather that was Meadow's (Tony's daughter) ace, spoon... back in the day? If so.... how far has she fallen and damn if there isn't gonna be fallout over that. I thought the whole episode was fantastic. Can't wait to see next weeks.

Hey chef!

This episode was much better than the last few but I am still waiting for it to get really good. Those damn previews are killing me. I think the killing is really going to start next week.

I'm not sure if that's the same Heather but now that you mention it, she did look familiar? Man, if that is her and Meadow puts two and two together, that could be intresting. That Heather took one right in the implant when she got shot. That was pretty funny. Meadow is looking pretty hot these days as well. I thought little Tony was going to hit on her there for a minute during the party. That would have been funny.

Falco just does not do it for me. If that were Adriana in the pool , oh man! :eek:

JSE

Lexmark3200
04-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Agreed.....I would **** Adriana on the edge of that pool and take that piece of Sicilian ass over Edie Falco any day of the week.....god, is Falco manly....I hate her.

Worf101
05-03-2004, 07:09 AM
Lying like that to Johnny Sac is gonna, gonna git you "whacked".
I thought this was a good episode. I enjoyed it but Tony's really gone too far lying like that to Johnny Sac. Little Tony's gonna have to get whacked just to keep the lie from coming out. Whew.. what a tangled web. That whole thing with Meadow's fiance though was weird and will probably wind up with Finn getting into an argument with Fat Boy, lettin it slip and windin up dead. Whew...

JSE
05-03-2004, 07:32 AM
I thought this was a good episode. I enjoyed it but Tony's really gone too far lying like that to Johnny Sac. Little Tony's gonna have to get whacked just to keep the lie from coming out. Whew.. what a tangled web. That whole thing with Meadow's fiance though was weird and will probably wind up with Finn getting into an argument with Fat Boy, lettin it slip and windin up dead. Whew...

I actually think Big Tony will protect little Tony due to the whole guilt thing. I can see Sac getting whacked in the next couples of episodes. He seems like a loose cannon and I think Tony knows it.

And yes, Meadow's boyfriend will get it and she will think Tony had something to do with it. I think she is a little suspicious of when her last boyfriend got whacked. Ironically, Tony will have nothing to do with this Boyfriend being killed.

JSE

Lexmark3200
05-03-2004, 09:50 AM
I just cant believe fat boy was licking the balls and stroking the cock of that dude in the truck......I didnt know he was a fudge packer! Whats up with that?

And does Meadow have big tits or not? I cant tell in some scenes.....

Woochifer
05-03-2004, 03:43 PM

I totally hear you on that! Tony's really going out on a limb for his cousin, and it's not exactly a good thing that Tony B's now a causal effect of Tony S' panic attacks.

Like JSE, I suspect that Finn's living on borrowed time and his demise won't be Tony's fault. Then again, they already did a storyline where Tony does the right thing and it all blows up in his face, so who knows how that thread will sort itself out. Overall though last night's episode was pretty strong.

Woochifer
05-03-2004, 03:45 PM
I just cant believe fat boy was licking the balls and stroking the cock of that dude in the truck......I didnt know he was a fudge packer! Whats up with that?

And does Meadow have big tits or not? I cant tell in some scenes.....

Hmmm, you must have been watching something else. I didn't see any licking or stroking, you sure you had the Sopranos on?

Lexmark3200
05-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Hmmm, you must have been watching something else. I didn't see any licking or stroking, you sure you had the Sopranos on?

Well, Wooch, in that scene this past Sunday where fat boy is in the truck and Meadow's boyfriend catches him going down on that other dude....what else could he have been doing???

wasch_24
05-04-2004, 09:21 AM
I think he dropped his keys. LOL

Lexmark3200
05-04-2004, 01:04 PM
I think he dropped his keys. LOL

LOL!!! LOL!!!! LOL!!!!

JSE
05-10-2004, 11:22 AM
OK, Last night's episode SUUUUCKED! It's got to get moving. They keep showing all these teaser previews and then the episodes hardly live up to them. They have to start getting better. Only three more episodes left this season.

Tony went a little crazy huh? That bartender got a good ol' A$$ Kicking! Never seen anyone beat with a money drawer.

JSE

Lexmark3200
05-10-2004, 04:37 PM
This show NEEDS to move along in pace....and in my opinion, this bartender deserved to get that ****in beatin' because he is just plain stupid.....like the last one ge got because he didnt know when to keep his mouth shut with the melting ice...

Sounds like someone else I know.

Worf101
05-11-2004, 08:14 AM
OK, Last night's episode SUUUUCKED! It's got to get moving. They keep showing all these teaser previews and then the episodes hardly live up to them. They have to start getting better. Only three more episodes left this season.

Tony went a little crazy huh? That bartender got a good ol' A$$ Kicking! Never seen anyone beat with a money drawer.

JSE

You hit the nail on the head I couldn't put it any better myself. I'm so sick of these teaser previews that make it look as if somebodies gettin whacked and disposed of, when in all honesty it is not so. That poor bar tender didn't deserve that s**t and neither did Janice. I'd always back Tony before but he's gone off the deep end now. He's hurting people for no reason and with no regard. I feel no sympathy for a guy like that, now he's just a bully and I hate bullies.

JSE
05-11-2004, 08:29 AM
You hit the nail on the head I couldn't put it any better myself. I'm so sick of these teaser previews that make it look as if somebodies gettin whacked and disposed of, when in all honesty it is not so. That poor bar tender didn't deserve that s**t and neither did Janice. I'd always back Tony before but he's gone off the deep end now. He's hurting people for no reason and with no regard. I feel no sympathy for a guy like that, now he's just a bully and I hate bullies.

Dang, I forgot about Janice. Seeing her get tackled by a cop on the evening news was priceless. Tony was being a pretty big a-hole when he was testing her new found happiness from the anger management group.

These trailers are killing me. You get the impression that the next episode is going to be jammed packed with action, sex, violence and betrayal. The only betrayal going on is HBO's betrayal of our loyalty to the show's "past?" greatness. What really irks me is that I will keep watching it regardless. :confused:

JSE

wasch_24
05-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Dang, I forgot about Janice. Seeing her get tackled by a cop on the evening news was priceless. Tony was being a pretty big a-hole when he was testing her new found happiness from the anger management group.

These trailers are killing me. You get the impression that the next episode is going to be jammed packed with action, sex, violence and betrayal. The only betrayal going on is HBO's betrayal of our loyalty to the show's "past?" greatness. What really irks me is that I will keep watching it regardless. :confused:

JSE
I still watch too. At the end of these episodes I swear I'm going to boycott next week. But there I am again and again.

JSE
05-17-2004, 06:19 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

It's killing me. Another lame-ass espisode. Once again, I sat down with some BlueBell Ice Cream ( World's best for you non-southern people) and watched the show. Once again, I found myself sitting on the edge of my seat for some action. Once again I kept saying "it's getting ready to pick up". And once again, NOTHIIIIIIIING! Sure the whole dream thing was kindof cool, but it lasted about 10 minutes to long. Sounds like little Tony may have started a war but it will probably be next season before we see anything. I have a bad feeling the rest of this season is going to be posturing for the war which will be played out next and possibly the last season. If that's true, this season has been a big waste. HBO is really taking a chance on loosing viewers with these lame episodes.

Somehow, I missed the preview for next week. But no worries, it probably showed a whole bunch of killing and action that will never play out. Maybe I should keep missing the previews? I want have such a let down next week.

Man, I can't wait until next week. Maybe it will pick up and poeple will start acting like mobsters. Ahhhhhh! Damn it! There I go again.

Bye the way, is Annette Bening (sp?) a babe or what. She just seems to get hotter and hotter.

JSE

Lexmark3200
05-17-2004, 09:37 AM
What the **** is going on with this show? I mean, TWO episodes left and 90 percent of this last episode was a hallucination? What, are we going back to the days of Tony getting food poisioning and having psycho dreams again?

I think I have lost interest in this show, as I did with OZ, and I LOVED that when it first began....then it turned into massive hard dicks walking around, too much man ass enough to make a light-in-the-loafers type nauseas and idiotic subplots involving Burr Redding teaching his hoods to become telemarketers.....I just didnt want to watch it anymore (especially with ugly Edie Falco as a manly prison guard) what are the dudes at HBO smoking over there?

Annette Benning can suck this Sephardic meat stick of mine any time....thats for sure...

Worf101
05-23-2004, 07:02 PM
Your girl just got fed to the pigs. Man what an episode. Makes the last several episodes worth it. I said weeks ago Adrianna was "f**ked" good and proper and I guess now we know how and why. Poor Chris. He's done too. How they're gonna explain this to carm and everyone else. Whew. Johnny Sac already in the hospital. It's gonna get ugly in two weeks. Man what a show.

Da Worfster :eek:

Lexmark3200
05-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Your girl just got fed to the pigs. Man what an episode. Makes the last several episodes worth it. I said weeks ago Adrianna was "f**ked" good and proper and I guess now we know how and why. Poor Chris. He's done too. How they're gonna explain this to carm and everyone else. Whew. Johnny Sac already in the hospital. It's gonna get ugly in two weeks. Man what a show.

Yeah I know....dont rub it in.....not gonna get a chance to see those drop dead gorgeous legs and body again....:(......but yeaaaaah, what a killer episode....I loved it when John was like "You dont bring your scum bag cousin to me and your family is gonna see a hell unleashed like never before...." or some such rhetoric during the sit-down; then he says something to Chris like "....or one of your relatives...." and Chris is like "Oh, what, now I gotta stand here and get threatened?"

JSE
05-24-2004, 06:46 AM

Dang Worf,

I thought Tony was going to POP Sacs right there at the end of the show. Sacs and that car are going to end up in the river.

Now that was an episode! Now we have to wait twoo weeks for the next. Ah!

JSE

Chris
05-24-2004, 09:45 AM
Damn - what an episode. I was getting kind of restless in recent weeks. Lots of story lines, but nothing ever materializing. Finally, Adrianna got popped. It's almost hard to believe...

And I can't wait to see what happens now that Tony told Johnny to "go #$#% himself". How do you guys see it ending? Does Tony go after Johnny? Does Tony get popped by Johnny? We all know it can't be a happy ending for Tony...

JSE
05-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Damn - what an episode. I was getting kind of restless in recent weeks. Lots of story lines, but nothing ever materializing. Finally, Adrianna got popped. It's almost hard to believe...

And I can't wait to see what happens now that Tony told Johnny to "go #$#% himself". How do you guys see it ending? Does Tony go after Johnny? Does Tony get popped by Johnny? We all know it can't be a happy ending for Tony...

I'm thinking Sacs won't get it until next season. They need to end the season with a "cliffhanger". Maybe Sacs will be it. Who knows. Granted this episode was great but if the better part the season is any idicator, then the last episode this season may be somewhat anti-climatic. There will be a lot of killing in two weeks but I don't think any major characters will be offed. Little Tony? I'm guessing he will make it to next season.

JSE

Chris
05-24-2004, 10:18 AM
For some reason I thought this was the last season? One more to go? You're right though, they usually never follow up a good episode like this with one nearly as good. Oh well, I'm thinking Tony and Johnny will get into it pretty good now that Johnny took over as boss in NY. He's perfect for that role... and he'll probably try to use his new muscle to stomp on Tony.

Lexmark3200
05-24-2004, 10:27 AM
Why are they skipping a week before the finale, and IS this the final season or not? Anyone have the final word?

JSE
05-24-2004, 10:34 AM
For some reason I thought this was the last season? One more to go? You're right though, they usually never follow up a good episode like this with one nearly as good. Oh well, I'm thinking Tony and Johnny will get into it pretty good now that Johnny took over as boss in NY. He's perfect for that role... and he'll probably try to use his new muscle to stomp on Tony.

One more season, at least. This is from HBO's website,

"HBO and series creator David Chase have already reached an agreement for a sixth season, with that season's ten episodes to begin production in early 2005. "

I have heard that next season will be the last though. Early 2005? Man, these 18 month layoffs between seasons are crap.

JSE

Chris
05-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Yeah I don't understand how they can do that - it totally loses momentum. I'm thinking of cancelling my HBO subscription til it comes back. I don't watch anything else on HBO.. except for Deadwood, and that's over in 3 weeks too.

JSE
05-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Yeah I don't understand how they can do that - it totally loses momentum. I'm thinking of cancelling my HBO subscription til it comes back. I don't watch anything else on HBO.. except for Deadwood, and that's over in 3 weeks too.

Oooo Yeah, Deadwood is a good show. I have become a big fan. My wife, who usually does not like that kind of thing, loves it. They will be back next season as well. Swearigin (sp?) is awesome. He's scum, but it's fun to hate him. How long do you think the Priest will last? I think he will be gone by the end of the season. He's a cool character as well.

JSE

Worf101
05-25-2004, 06:20 AM

Ahem, here's what I see happnin based upon the slim preview from last weeks episode and my keen Machievellian insights :D

1. Chris continues to spiral out of control. Perhaps gits sent away or given up by Tony in exchange for Tony B.

2. Fire-girl takes a shot at Tony or tries to mess up his homelife.

3. Johnny Sac realizes that it's not worth going to war over Philly's little brother. Particularly when he finds out his health is not what it used to be.

4. Tony will get killed in next years finale but by someone quite unlikely. Someone he s**t on way back in the day. He'll be killed just as he thinks he's silenced all his enemies.

I have spoken, so let it be written.....

So let it be done!

JSE
05-25-2004, 06:54 AM
Ahem, here's what I see happnin based upon the slim preview from last weeks episode and my keen Machievellian insights :D

1. Chris continues to spiral out of control. Perhaps gits sent away or given up by Tony in exchange for Tony B.

2. Fire-girl takes a shot at Tony or tries to mess up his homelife.

3. Johnny Sac realizes that it's not worth going to war over Philly's little brother. Particularly when he finds out his health is not what it used to be.

4. Tony will get killed in next years finale but by someone quite unlikely. Someone he s**t on way back in the day. He'll be killed just as he thinks he's silenced all his enemies.

I have spoken, so let it be written.....

So let it be done!

I think the bear that has been sneaking around his house will get him. I think the bear is symbolic of the danger that is lurking around Tony. :confused: Wow, that's almost deep?

:D

JSE

paul_pci
05-25-2004, 10:35 AM

Are you kidding me? Man, Six Feet Under is the best thing to come to television since The Simpsons. But I agree, the long wait is uncalled for.

Worf101
05-25-2004, 11:25 AM
Are you kidding me? Man, Six Feet Under is the best thing to come to television since The Simpsons. But I agree, the long wait is uncalled for.
Just when I think my life can't git any more f**ked up there's Nate, Claire, Mom, David, Keith and Psycho ex showing me just how bad things could REALLY be. Phew... I do love that show and I currently like Deadwood as well. Never got into Sex in the City. Did like "Dream On" back in the day.

JSE
06-07-2004, 06:25 AM
Last night's episode was pretty damn good but not what I would expect from a season finale. Lots of good twists and lots of good killing/beatings.

Little Tony? That took some meatballs. Tony I think proved to everyone that he was
still the boss and would do what ever it takes for the family. It was his mess and he cleaned it up.

Sacs? That was freaking hillarious. Tony turned tail and hauled ass. I guess next season Tony will have free reign over NY if he wants it with most of Sacs organization locked up. Maybe little Carmine will come back into play?

I'm wondering if Tony's undoing next season will be from within? Seems like the troops are a little restless. Granted offing little Tony helped some of that but it appears he still may have some trouble within. Pauli? Of course this is assuming Tony dies in the last season. I could also see him as one of the last standing, all alone.

Oh well, 18 more months. Good news is NipTuck is coming back in a couple of weeks on FX and HBO's new "Entourage" looks pretty cool. And, one more episode of Deadwood.

JSE

Lexmark3200
06-07-2004, 11:07 AM
What a dissapointing ending of this ****in season, which was pretty much a snoozefest, save for Adriana getting whacked.....I mean, the season ENDS with Tony trying to get into his house after he ran away from an FBI task force raid? How far did he run in that snow anyway?

And something bothers me about the fact that its summer time and we have to see snow on the ground in the show....

Worf101
06-08-2004, 07:18 AM
It wasn't "bad" but after a year and a half of writing and fighting Jeeze Louise you think they'd have had more creative reserves built up. As for last night episode I thought it was good if not great. That split second look on Tony's face as he spots the guys comin' out the woods and our fear that it's Johnny Sac's guys comin to whack him. Then the realization that it's a Fed roundup and Tony's Napolean like retreat through Jersey was wonderful. Felt sorry for Little Tony, but loved Big T's epiphany with the painting, the realization that he was/is a general and must put the welfare of his troops and family/nation above all other loyaties. I thought it was an above average episode. It does bode for fat times in Jersey City though. But if that weak sister Carmine Junior pops up we're in for another round of stupidity. 18 months eh? 18 Months!!!???!!! The Ten Commandments didn't take 18 Months!!!!!

As for how I rated the last season? To quote Sgt. Quincannon in "Fort Apache" when asked to pass judgement on some contraband booze being sold to renegades..... "well's sir now I wouldn't calls it whiskey, but it's better than no whiskey at all".

See you in 18 if not sooner...