I read an article that listed these songs under the category [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I read an article that listed these songs under the category

Sugar Beats
01-09-2009, 06:38 AM
"Songs that Changed Music Forever"

(so this listed is not complied by me)

Nirvana ~ Smells like Teen Spirit

Beach Boys ~ Good Vibrations

Michael Jackson ~ Thriller

SugarHill Gang ~ Rappers Delight

Little Richard ~ Tutti Frutti

Elvis ~ Heartbreak Hotel

Rolling Stones ~ (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

NWA ~ Fu** Tha Police

Sam Cooke ~ A Change is Gonna Come

Bob Marley ~ Get Up Stand Up

Hendrix ~ The Star Spangled Banner

The Sex Pistols ~ God Save the Queen

Beatles ~ I want to hold your Hand

Metallica ~ One

The Ronnettes ~ Be My Baby

So what do you think? Do you agree that these songs changed music forever? :D

kexodusc
01-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Hard to argue that any of these didn't have some significant impact on music - Even "One" by Metallica may have lead to the more accessible Black Album and its success and impact on music if One itself didn't do enough, so yeah.

Except the Ronnettes "Be My Baby"? Maybe I've heard it but I don't recognize it.

ForeverAutumn
01-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Hard to argue that any of these didn't have some significant impact on music - Even "One" by Metallica may have lead to the more accessible Black Album and its success and impact on music if One itself didn't do enough, so yeah.

Except the Ronnettes "Be My Baby"? Maybe I've heard it but I don't recognize it.

:)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8JjQGt7WjK0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8JjQGt7WjK0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You'd know Be My Baby if you heard it.

Finch Platte
01-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Never heard of that Elivs guy. Maybe that's what all his fans think- 'E Lives!!

And it's **** THA Police.

fp <---------- nitpickin' & a'grinnin'.

RoadRunner6
01-10-2009, 12:48 PM
"Songs that Changed Music Forever" So what do you think?

I think as far as rock goes they missed the Big One:

Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and his Comets.

This might not have been the catalyst for the roll n' roll style but it was in fact the first huge commercial sucess that started the mainstream roll n' roll movement.

I was about eleven years old at the time. I remember very clearly my sister's girlfriend coming over to the house with the 45 record of this song. We all gathered around and listened to it. I had never heard anything like this before. To this day it still gets my mind dancing.

It actually was not the first rock n' roll song by Haley but it was the first to hit number one on the US record charts (after it was featured in a movie).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5fsqYctXgM

RR6