Perfect Home Theatre [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Home Theatre

uncooked
03-15-2004, 09:33 AM
i was just wonder what would be the ideal postion for speakers, "and how many" in the perfect theatre room. i have some ideas but i want to here your some of yours.

get right into it, like ceiling speakers above you, front and rear subwoofer. theres no end.

quick question, has anybody here run the preouts from one amp into the 6 channel input on another? how does that sound.

i have a yamaha 5650, no preouts. now that the new htr models are coming out i could get a htr 5660"with preouts" for cheap. this would be cool becuase they both share the same remote. so i dont even have to program them together. whatever i tell one to do the other will do the same.

AVMASTER
03-15-2004, 02:06 PM
IMO the perfect Home theatre room would be a smaller version of the theatres you pay
to get in, a duplicate in every ASPECT
i try not to use ceiling speakers for home theatre unless there's no other options; have you been to a theatre with ceiling speakers?
i don't know of any amps with preouts but connecting a amp to a receivers' preouts would yield more power; how good it will sound depends on the quality of the amp, speakers, how the two are connected, source component, etc.....

Sir Terrence the Terrible
03-15-2004, 03:55 PM
i was just wonder what would be the ideal postion for speakers, "and how many" in the perfect theatre room. i have some ideas but i want to here your some of yours.

get right into it, like ceiling speakers above you, front and rear subwoofer. theres no end.

quick question, has anybody here run the preouts from one amp into the 6 channel input on another? how does that sound.

i have a yamaha 5650, no preouts. now that the new htr models are coming out i could get a htr 5660"with preouts" for cheap. this would be cool becuase they both share the same remote. so i dont even have to program them together. whatever i tell one to do the other will do the same.

Uncooked,

The perfect hometheater could not contain in ceiling speakers anywhere. Two reason for this; 1) In ceiling speakers haven't come close to providing the perfomance that free standing speakers have. Even if they were (2 we human do not ascertain direction in the vertical plane as well as we do in the horizontal plane. The perfect hometheater would contain technology that worked well with our hearing system.

IMO the PERFECT hometheater would be one that mimicked a professional dubbing stage on a smaller scale. I would use five Klipsch Reference series 7 speakers behind a very wide screen(the entire width of the room) RB-5(4 per left center rear and right wall) for surrounds, three large subs(sitting just under the center speaker in the center of the room) enough TWO channel power amps to power the entire array with at least 3db headroom per channel. I would use the latest, highest resolution(1920x1280) DLP projector with black mirror techology. My room would be of a very large size, high ceilings, damped side and rear walls, a real curtain in front of the screen that would open automatically.

For processing I would use a pre pro that has EVERY current format in use, several circle surround processor for getting half left and half right front speakers their output(so easily done in the Terrible Terrence reference system) I have more idea's for my PERFECT hometheater but the kid is wasted right now(no not drunk ya farts!)

Lexmark3200
03-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Uncooked,

The perfect hometheater could not contain in ceiling speakers anywhere. Two reason for this; 1) In ceiling speakers haven't come close to providing the perfomance that free standing speakers have. Even if they were (2 we human do not ascertain direction in the vertical plane as well as we do in the horizontal plane. The perfect hometheater would contain technology that worked well with our hearing system.

IMO the PERFECT hometheater would be one that mimicked a professional dubbing stage on a smaller scale. I would use five Klipsch Reference series 7 speakers behind a very wide screen(the entire width of the room) RB-5(4 per left center rear and right wall) for surrounds, three large subs(sitting just under the center speaker in the center of the room) enough TWO channel power amps to power the entire array with at least 3db headroom per channel. I would use the latest, highest resolution(1920x1280) DLP projector with black mirror techology. My room would be of a very large size, high ceilings, damped side and rear walls, a real curtain in front of the screen that would open automatically.

For processing I would use a pre pro that has EVERY current format in use, several circle surround processor for getting half left and half right front speakers their output(so easily done in the Terrible Terrence reference system) I have more idea's for my PERFECT hometheater but the kid is wasted right now(no not drunk ya farts!)

.....and who would have thought you did drugs.....

russkon
03-16-2004, 10:50 AM
here is a start on all the audio equipment (electronics and speakers)....

only $109100.00

the jbl synthesis hercules system....

http://www.jbl.com/home/synthesis/productlist.asp?SerId=Syn8&prodId=SYN-HERCULES

03-16-2004, 10:52 AM
.....and who would have thought you did drugs.....

To live and die in new york, there is no need for any further personal attacks. Its infantile, immature, and shows a lack of discipline and self control. If that is how you would like to be viewed on this board, that is fine. But not at my expense. Chris already asked us not to bicker. I am not, so don't you either. He has spoken and I suggest you listen.

Lexmark3200
03-16-2004, 11:11 AM
To live and die in new york, save your child like insults. You are a fake, phony, and a imposter and further contact or interaction with you is not desireable until you learn to be honest.

I STILL dont know who you are talking about, and dont care if you interact with me or not....and YOU are STILL a Terrible, self centered egotistical windbag who likes to throw his weight around in here and insult people. YOU do. Not me. YOU.

Better pass that joint, son.....

Lexmark3200
03-16-2004, 11:22 AM
To live and die in new york, save your child like insults. You are a fake, phony, and a imposter and further contact or interaction with you is not desireable until you learn to be honest.

Oh, and you animal, getting back to what you said before Chris closed the thread....as if you think I forgot or didnt see it, I CAN PROVE YOU BULLY PEOPLE AROUND IN HERE with your know-it-all comments and looming presence especially towards people trying to get simple answers completed to simple questions -- PLENTY of other people aside from your little pal **** Heel over there (oh sorry, I meant Tar Heel; Im not done with that threatening punk yet either) KNOW what you are-----and know it well, believe me Terry Cloth. They know what you spend time doing, that you are out to simply harm people trying to learn about home theater basics and how acoustics work within a given space, etc. All you wish to do is throw your weight around and bully people who dont know as much as you. Give it a rest, you egomaniacal chizon. Just give it a rest already.

03-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Oh, and you animal, getting back to what you said before Chris closed the thread....as if you think I forgot or didnt see it, I CAN PROVE YOU BULLY PEOPLE AROUND IN HERE with your know-it-all comments and looming presence especially towards people trying to get simple answers completed to simple questions -- PLENTY of other people aside from your little pal **** Heel over there (oh sorry, I meant Tar Heel; Im not done with that threatening punk yet either) KNOW what you are-----and know it well, believe me Terry Cloth. They know what you spend time doing, that you are out to simply harm people trying to learn about home theater basics and how acoustics work within a given space, etc. All you wish to do is throw your weight around and bully people who dont know as much as you. Give it a rest, you egomaniacal chizon. Just give it a rest already.

This is your last chance to stop this before I report you to the site administrator. I am trying my best to cooperate with his wishes, and once again I suggest you do the same. If it is your perception that I am throwing my weight around there ain't a dang thing I can do about that. If you have a negative opinion of who I am, there is a dang thing I want or can do about that either. To live and die, John, Lexmark or whoever you are today, GIVE IT A REST. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!. I am giving you a break here, take it and run man.

Lexmark3200
03-16-2004, 11:37 AM
This is your last chance to stop this before I report you to the site administrator. I am trying my best to cooperate with his wishes, and once again I suggest you do the same. If it is your perception that I am throwing my weight around there ain't a dang thing I can do about that. If you have a negative opinion of who I am, there is a dang thing I want or can do about that either. To live and die, John, Lexmark or whoever you are today, GIVE IT A REST. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!. I am giving you a break here, take it and run man.

Thats fine that you suggest enough is enough, but what do you mean YOU are giving me a break? Terrence, I can report you JUST as fast to the site administrator for what you were doing to ME, don't you realize that for god sakes, man? Who gives you this power that you wield so easily? My god, man....egos see no glass ceiling, huh? At any rate, I KNOW NO To Live and Die or John, my moniker comes from an old joke about a printer I once owned, so if you want to continue accusing me of something I am not, I will continue defending myself until whatever it takes, even a personal confrontation. I am willing. I am willing to prove this however long this takes. We can end this now, per your "suggestion," but know that you never made the response to my original 5.1/6.1 inquiry simple (which Im still trying to find an easy answer to) and know that I am not any of these "characters" you claim that I am.

russkon
03-16-2004, 05:43 PM
take it outside children..... you still have 20 minutes left in your recess....