So after February My 1" pocket TV Player is worthless? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So after February My 1" pocket TV Player is worthless?

EdwardGein
01-07-2009, 03:48 AM
I take if after February my 1" Sony Pocket TV Set with Antena won't be able to receive a picture. Will it still get sound? Is there any reason to keep it? I think it cost me $275 a long time ago and I used it to goof off and watch TV at work "The Love Connection" ha ha. Is this just useless trash now?

Kevio
01-07-2009, 07:39 AM
I take if after February my 1" Sony Pocket TV Set with Antena won't be able to receive a picture. Will it still get sound? Is there any reason to keep it? I think it cost me $275 a long time ago and I used it to goof off and watch TV at work "The Love Connection" ha ha. Is this just useless trash now?
Yes, toss it. You will get neither sound or picture once they turn off analog broadcast in February. The only way you can use it is to hook it up to cable TV or a converter box but that sort of defeats its portableness, doesn't it?

GMichael
01-07-2009, 07:59 AM
It can still make an interesting paperweight.
Is it LCD? If so, you could send it to Pix. He'll shine a light in the back to make it light up.

Rich-n-Texas
01-07-2009, 08:14 AM
Congrats on 10K posts GM. Took ya long enough! :biggrin5:

GMichael
01-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Déjà vu?

Rich-n-Texas
01-07-2009, 08:20 AM
I'm spreading the love around.

Woochifer
01-07-2009, 11:26 AM

No, just move to Canada, and you can continue to enjoy the purdy pictures until 2011. Then, at that point you can move to Mexico, which will keep NTSC signals alive until 2022.

pixelthis
01-07-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm spreading the love around.

Nice compared to what you usually "spread" around.
JOKE! JOKE!:1:

pixelthis
01-07-2009, 11:25 PM

I had a 2" Casio LCD that lasted for decades, served the same purpose as your set.
Sold it to a real dumba**.
And bought beer!!:1:

EdwardGein
01-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Actually it may be a Casio - I haven't looked at it in ages. You guys sure you won't get sound? I always figure in case of Nuclear Attack, maybe I can get the Emergency Broadcast Network! The training I had when I was a kid in school about going under my desk in the event of a nuclear explosion will sure come in handy. Were the people in the 50's and 60's total morons!

f0rge
01-08-2009, 12:12 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Obama is asking congress to extend the deadline due to problems with the converter box program as well as it happens right after he gets into office.