Help getting profile picture to show [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help getting profile picture to show

challengaaah
01-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Hello- i can't seem to get the profile picture to show on my posts. It says max size 64Kb - i resized mine down to 60kb and it uploads and shows in the Profile editor. But when i post nothing comes up. This has also happened with another forum i recently joined. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Rich-n-Texas
01-06-2009, 11:56 AM
If your problem was unique to only this site, I'd blame it on this pre-historic software or on the two 2 rpm server drives that AR.com sits on, but since it's happening elsewhere, your guess is as good as mine. It's not X rated is it?

challengaaah
01-07-2009, 08:05 AM
X rated? well it could be yes, for what it might do to your hormonal levels when viewing it. Its a 1971 Dodge Challenger with something sticking out the bonnet, ...sorry, "hood", (i'm from Australia) that makes similar beautiful noises to the HI Fi system you probably have!

Any other suggestions as to what i can try? I have tried uploading it twice now.

noddin0ff
01-07-2009, 08:11 AM
Is it of the appropriate pixel dimensions (I don't know what they are...).

bobsticks
01-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Hello- i can't seem to get the profile picture to show on my posts. It says max size 64Kb - i resized mine down to 60kb and it uploads and shows in the Profile editor. But when i post nothing comes up. This has also happened with another forum i recently joined. Any suggestions? Thanks!

If you've already checked the fill size and its compatible, check the file type to make sure its amenable with whatever the site's restrictions are (Some sites don't allow GIFs, or only allow JPEGs, etc.)