First post & Thank You [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : First post & Thank You

TWJ CDN
01-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi there,

My first post to this site - been lurking for a bit, absorbing lots of knowledge towards my first purchase(s) for a home system.

Thanks to all the members that have been regularly posting about what works, and what is a good deal. My interest was really peaked on the Energy Classic Home Theatre system - I really liked the Canadian price of $399 at Futureshop.

Wandered on in there today, and was shocked to see a price of $899. DOH - $399 was their boxing week pricing.

Good news is as I turned to walk out for now (do not even have a receiver picked yet, so dont NEED the speakers) the sales guy says he can let his last set go for $399. SOLD!

So now I have a nice set of speakers for my smallish condo living room. Time to read more of blackraven and RoadRunner6 suggestions.

Futureshop dude was recommending either the Denon or Yamaha (they appeared to like the Yamaha more as it has audio and video hdmi?)

Hopefully will complete my research this afternoon and pickup something nice on the weekend!

Cheers!

blackraven
01-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Welcome to AR.

Go for the Onkyo TX SR606 if you can.

f0rge
01-05-2009, 01:22 PM
in canada i've seen the yamaha rx-v1800 for $700 on boxing week, not sure if you can still get that pricing but it's a steal if you can. retailed for $1200 6 months ago.