Any Blackmore fans out there? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any Blackmore fans out there?

Finch Platte
01-02-2009, 12:25 PM
I picked up a cheapo promo copy of Blackmore's Night's The Village Lanterne.

Blackmore calls it "renaissance rock with a lot of folk & balladesque inflences."

Too hoity-toity for me, but I figured someone out there might appreciate it. If you want it, PM me. There's a killer (:rolleyes5:) version of Deep Purple's Child In Time on it. :arf:

fp

http://blackmoresnight.com/merch/village_lanterne_cd.jpg

ForeverAutumn
01-02-2009, 12:46 PM
I wonder if that Deep Purple cover has anything to do with this comment that I found on his web site...

Ritchie is celebrating happy news over Christmas regarding long law suit against former Deep Purple Management!!

02audionoob
01-02-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm listening to it on Rhapsody right now, but I don't see Child In Time listed. Edit...I see it now. Anyway, this reminds me of the Celtic Woman special on PBS.

Mr Peabody
01-02-2009, 10:52 PM
I've already got that album and like it. I like Ghost of A Rose a bit better. If some one thought they might get into this type of music their DVD Castles & Dreams is the way to go. It is DTS, you get to see Candace Night as well as hear her lovely voice and seeing Ritchie actually play some of the ancient stringed instruments is entertaining. Ghost of A Rose has the best version of Diamonds & Rust I've ever heard. This isn't party music for sure but it's nice when you want to kick back and just enjoy your system. Each album does feature a variety of song styles. I tend to like the slow darker ones best. If you listen to Blackmore's style it has always been unique and I think this renaissance type of music is where he is at home. He does a fantastic job on some of the Blackmore Night songs blending the electric guitar in with the other instruments. The DVD I mentioned is two discs. One is them in concert at a renaissance fair, playing in a castle. You can tell they are having a good time.

My favorite Blackmore display of all is the Rainbow Live album. This line up is like a super group, Cozie Powell (drums), Tony Carey (keys) and Dio on vocals. There's a killer 18 minute version of Catch A Rainbow. Most of the songs have Dio's concert trademark where they start a song and may break into one or two more then end with the song they started with. I'm drawing a blank on what that's called.

Finch Platte
01-03-2009, 10:03 AM
I've already got that album and like it. I like Ghost of A Rose a bit better. If some one thought they might get into this type of music their DVD Castles & Dreams is the way to go. It is DTS, you get to see Candace Night as well as hear her lovely voice and seeing Ritchie actually play some of the ancient stringed instruments is entertaining. Ghost of A Rose has the best version of Diamonds & Rust I've ever heard. This isn't party music for sure but it's nice when you want to kick back and just enjoy your system. Each album does feature a variety of song styles. I tend to like the slow darker ones best. If you listen to Blackmore's style it has always been unique and I think this renaissance type of music is where he is at home. He does a fantastic job on some of the Blackmore Night songs blending the electric guitar in with the other instruments. The DVD I mentioned is two discs. One is them in concert at a renaissance fair, playing in a castle. You can tell they are having a good time.

My favorite Blackmore display of all is the Rainbow Live album. This line up is like a super group, Cozie Powell (drums), Tony Carey (keys) and Dio on vocals. There's a killer 18 minute version of Catch A Rainbow. Most of the songs have Dio's concert trademark where they start a song and may break into one or two more then end with the song they started with. I'm drawing a blank on what that's called.

Wait a minnit- we're talking about Ritchie Blackmore here, right? :D

But seriously- thanks for the informative post. I'm gonna put the Rainbow live disc on my list of music to pick up.

fp

bobsticks
01-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Any Blackmore fans out there?

Not since Bobby Rondinelli's wrestling shoes...

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jvd8RR0wvNg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jvd8RR0wvNg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

...but I will allow for the possibility that there's been improvement.