Kenwood Eleven III-Dual 1219 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood Eleven III-Dual 1219

thekid
12-31-2008, 06:31 PM
Picked these pieces up today. Don't need the Kenwood but it was an interesting piece and will make a good stablemate with my Pioneer SX-9000. It is rated about 120 wpc and is a 70's era piece but thats about all I know at this point. Will need to clean out the dust and replace some lamps but a quick test run showed it works well other than some cosmetic issues.

Picked the Dual 1219 up as well for my little brother. The seller "threw" in the second Dual in case I needed one for parts.

All in all a good start to the new year......... :22:

Styx
03-28-2009, 05:43 AM
A couple of nice acquisitions you have there.

thekid
03-28-2009, 10:46 AM
A couple of nice acquisitions you have there.

Thank you!

Since that post the SX-9000 was traded for a Sansui TU-555 tuner to mate with my Sansui AU-505 amp.

I am in the process of re-habbing (very slowly...) the Kenwood. The brittle "egg-timer" control broke and it looks like I can use a brass sleeve to replace it. Two lamps need to be replaced but I found a couple at RS that should work. My biggest problem is I can't stay focused enough on what I already have at the house. The local thrifts and CL always seem to yield an interesting piece every couple of weeks.......

RoadRunner6
03-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Go ahead Kid, just stretch out on the sofa and relax, deeply. Now tell me, what are your earliest memories of this thrift shop and dumpster addiction? .......... Also, I'd like you to discuss with me the details of your potty training, as tramatic and painful as this recallection might be ........... go ahead and just spill the beans, you'll experience a release from your chains ... let yourself soar ... you'll soon be set free ...

thekid
03-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Go ahead Kid, just stretch out on the sofa and relax, deeply. Now tell me, what are your earliest memories of this thrift shop and dumpster addiction? .......... Also, I'd like you to discuss with me the details of your potty training, as tramatic and painful as this recallection might be ........... go ahead and just spill the beans, you'll experience a release from your chains ... let yourself soar ... you'll soon be set free ...

LOL....:lol:

Actually I think I was breast feed while my Dad's old Sansui SP2000's blared Jackie Gleason "bubble music". It was enough to traumatize anyone I tell ya...