Transformers fans, the new installment is coming... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Transformers fans, the new installment is coming...

Sugar Beats
12-31-2008, 11:13 AM
In June 09'. It looks awesome!

I made the mistake of missing the first one on the big screen. Of course, since my kids love it, I've seen it a million times, but it never gets old. The freeway scene is one of my favorites! :thumbsup:

Can't wait for #2! I'm sure it will be every bit as good as the first one and this time I'm def. going to see it @ the moives, on the big screen when it comes out!

Feanor
01-01-2009, 07:17 AM
I hadn't seen Transformers. I rented it at my wife's request; (she likes action movies -- odd for a female, maybe). I watched it with her; there were a few good one-liner here and there, but I fell asleep during the fight sequences towards the end. I gave the movie 3 outa 5 stars at Zip.ca but 2.5 would be more precise.

My son, 26, a movie buff, tells me that the appeal of Transformers is largely nostaligia for people his age or a little older who actually played with and collected the Transfomer toys as kids. I'll take his word for that.

ForeverAutumn
01-01-2009, 08:29 AM
I saw Transformers in the theatre. Definately the way to see it. For the most part, I enjoyed it but it was waaaaaay too long. I found that the fight scene at the end just went on for far too long. I ended up getting bored.

I'll pass on Transformers 2.

Sugar Beats
01-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Maybe it's just that I am easily entertained! :p

Another one of my fav's is Peter Jackson's King Kong remake. I love that one as well.

But I loved the first Transformers. I thought the script was decent, had some good one liners, and the action was great. I like the fight scene at the end. With all the action, I'm not sure how one could fall asleep. Also I'm a little older than 26 and I did not play w/ the action figures as a kid. But I loved the movie anyway.

I think the theatre is the only way to go as far as these movies are concerned. The sound effects, the big picture, etc. I'm just hoping the story line is decent. But I'm sure the effects will be awesome and worth the trip just for that. :thumbsup:

thekid
01-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Got agree with Feanor and FA on this one. I caught it in the theater while on the road because I had to kill a couple of hours. Almost fell asleep. Can't see the sequel doing much more. Action sequences with some hot chick running around in shorts again is probably the plot(?) again....

The movie my son and I are primed for in 09 is "The Watchmen". Trailers are looking awesome.

3-LockBox
01-02-2009, 01:07 AM
I think we're becoming jaded by all these special effects/CGI movies (I know I am) - they're like a thrill ride - fun, but nothing that's gonna stick with you for any length of time. I'll see Transformers 2 if I have to (kids), but will avoid if its my choice.

Sugar Beats
01-02-2009, 04:43 PM
I guess I'm the only one round' here that likes Transformers!
I like the kid (actor), what's his name, Shia LaBeouf (sp?).
Heck I'm even game to watch Megan Fox run around in a short skirt.
I'm not into women or anything, but she's gorgeous! Even I have trouble taking my eyes off her.
I like the special effects & the action and think it's a movie worthy of watching on a big screen & with awesome sound.
Guess its a good thing we all have our own individual tastes, right?

3-LockBox
01-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Heck I'm even game to watch Megan Fox run around in a short skirt. I'm not into women or anything, but she's gorgeous! Even I have trouble taking my eyes off her.

nothin wrong with that...nope...not at all :thumbsup:

please...go on :arf:

bobsticks
01-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Heck I'm even game to watch Megan Fox run around in a short skirt.I'm not into women or anything, but she's gorgeous! Even I have trouble taking my eyes off her.

I want it noted--on the record--that I'm being well behaved...

thekid
01-04-2009, 04:50 AM
I want it noted--on the record--that I'm being well behaved...

Noted.

Is it new meds or a New Year's resolution that has brought about this personality transfer....... :D

Sugar Beats
01-04-2009, 05:32 AM
Okay, Maybe I'm not being so good here, but this was kinda funny.

On New Years Eve, while I was out shakin' my thang' on the dance floor, it go so crowded that the only available spot to dance
was on this little platform that was open, so I went there. As I was dancing, these two chicks came over and were uh, "dancing" sort of right where I would need to step off the platform, should I decide to do so.

So they were basically right in front of me and let's just say I saw some "moves" that I am not usually accustom to viewing... :eek6:

I thought it was funny, so I'm just trying to mind my own biz and I'm dancing & I'm laughing cause it's cracking me up...

So the next day as I was telling my friend about it & we were laughing, she was there too, but we lost each other frequently throughout the night, due to the crowd. She said she saw those two too, and she saw some guy come and try to break them up, she assumed it was one of their boyfriends, and well he didn't have the easiest time of it from what she told me... :nono:

So as I was cleaning my house & taking down some christmas stuff later, I thought "If I were "into" chicks" and had to pick someone to, uh, "do" some of the stuff I saw those girls doing on the dance floor, for me, it would be Megan Fox. Hands down.

By the way, I'm pretty sure I read in an interview somewhere that she's had a "girl" relationship before. So that being said...

Don't tell me that you guys don't get turned on by some of that stuff...
:thumbsup:

Let's not forget that I knew "sitcks" in high school, okay?! (And some things don't change that much!) :p

It is what it is! And that's all I got to say bout' it! :wink5: