Audio Alchemy [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Audio Alchemy

Unregistered
03-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Hello!

My uncle, who lives outside the USA, somehow has a great fascination for Audio Alchemy. He asked me to buy a DAC from Audio Alchemy for him. I searched on the web, but I could not find any website or contact information for Audio Alchemy. That's really weird..does this company not exist anymore?? I would appreciate if someone could email me at sudipta_s@hotmail.com with some information on Audio Alchemy, and how I could buy their product

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
Sudipta.
[sudipta_s@hotmail.com]

Rodzilla
03-31-2004, 09:06 PM
yes Audio Alchemy is long gone i'm afraid,they made some nice products for not a lot of money several years ago,i owned a few myself [original DDE/DTI and DDE1.1]you might find some of thier stuff used on ebay or other spots,but in all honesty...it's digital and several years old now.while it was decent in it's day and would likely still be quite listenable,i'm not sure how it would hold up against newer stuff available now...i thought i saw somewhere that the company had been resurrected under a new name recently...but sorry to say,i can't for the life of me remember what that new name was.

TinHere
04-01-2004, 10:04 AM
yes Audio Alchemy is long gone i'm afraid,they made some nice products for not a lot of money several years ago,i owned a few myself [original DDE/DTI and DDE1.1]you might find some of thier stuff used on ebay or other spots,but in all honesty...it's digital and several years old now.while it was decent in it's day and would likely still be quite listenable,i'm not sure how it would hold up against newer stuff available now...i thought i saw somewhere that the company had been resurrected under a new name recently...but sorry to say,i can't for the life of me remember what that new name was.

I sent you an email awhile back with some info. Mark Schifter, one of the owners, started a new company called Perpetual Techologies. He can be reached through AV123.com.

Unregistered
04-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Hi There,

Audio Alchemy had closed down. Check out Perpetual Technologies as the key designer is there. Audio Alchemy product are very cost effective and upgradability in their mid-end products that they had when they were around. Regards.