Sansui AU-505 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sansui AU-505

thekid
12-31-2008, 03:19 AM
Picked up one these the other day. Nice little integrated amp from around 1973. Lists power at only about 25wpc but as with most gear from this era the power is very underated realtive today's amps. It powers my Optimus 5's with no problem and is a very musical piece. Will post pics when I get a chance.

Feanor
12-31-2008, 05:25 AM
Picked up one these the other day. Nice little integrated amp from around 1973. Lists power at only about 25wpc but as with most gear from this era the power is very underated realtive today's amps. It powers my Optimus 5's with no problem and is a very musical piece. Will post pics when I get a chance.

Congrats, Kid,

And bring on the pictures!!

I found two file pics, both supposedly Sansui AU 505, but they certainly don't look the same. The lower photo is certainly a bit latter vintage than the upper. But they're both from the '70s I'd say

thekid
12-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Congrats, Kid,

And bring on the pictures!!

I found two file pics, both supposedly Sansui AU 505, but they certainly don't look the same. The lower photo is certainly a bit latter vintage than the upper. But they're both from the '70s I'd say

Feanor

Thanks.
I will post pics as soon as my daughter lets me use her camera.
As for the 2 models you have pics of I can tell you that the bottom is not the same AU-505 that I have and the specs associated with it are the not the same either. The top one is the model I have and I have confirmed using the serial number that it is from 73'. I went back to the same buyer today and picked up a Kenwood Model Eleven III for a good price. I will post pics of it and the 2 Dual 1219's I bought for my brother on another thread when I get the camera.

thekid
12-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Here are some pics.

Only one bulb on this unit but I like the black face and silver knob combo