Denon DVD-2500BTCI [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Denon DVD-2500BTCI

kinnup
12-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi all

I am in the market for a DVD player upgrade. I currently have a Denon DVM-3700 matched to a Denon AVR-3802.

I have found the Denon DVD-2500BTCI at Best Buy for $399 a $600 dollar price drop. The price is good until early January. I am tempted to purchase this as my Denon experience has been very good to date. My only issue is that my Denon AVR-3802 (which I love) does not have any HDMI connections. The Denon DVD-2500BTCI, as you know, has only one connection - HDMI. I plan on keeping the DVM-3700 for my music play. It does a great job with my CD collection.

Any thoughts on the Denon DVD-2500BTCI? I have read the reviews and they seem good. If you know of a better DVD player for $400 dollars then I am listening. Otherwise, if you think this would be a good product to buy, is there a way to keep my 3802 for this DVD player or do I need to change that as well. If so, what should I be looking at. I am willing to spend another $400 to $500 leaving an additional $100 for HDMI wiring.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this DVD player and the receiver solution for it.

Regards,

Kinnup

blackraven
12-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Buy this DVD player, the Oppo 983 at http://www.oppodigital.com/dv983h/default.asp

For the money its one of the best DVD players available and it is a pretty good SACD player and CD player to boot. Oppo is well respected and their equipment beats out alot of other brands costing hundreds more. You should wait a few more months because they will be coming out with a Universal Blu-ray player that is supposed to have very good DVD. CD and SACD playback. Word is that it will be in the $500-700 range.

Read some of the online reviews on the Oppo 983. I would own one now if not for the fact that the Oppo BR player is coming out soon.

Run your video from the DVDP through the HDMI to your TV if it has an HDMI input. Then run your audio through the Digital Coax or optical port from the DVDP to your receiver. This is what I do because my Adcom AVR only has an HDMI switcher.

Eventually when you have the money you can upgrade your receiver to one that has all the current features. Hold on to that Denon, its a very good receiver especially for 2ch audio.