Terminology Question for Panasonic Blu-Ray BD 55 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Terminology Question for Panasonic Blu-Ray BD 55

EdwardGein
12-25-2008, 11:58 AM
I finally have the money to get this & will be ordering this as soon as my PayPal money is in my bank account. I just started reading the instructions for connecting this by Analog and I'm confused on the terminology as I have a 5.1 set up (receiver is 7.1). Specifically, the Panasonic Manual refers to Surround Speakers and Surround Back Speakers. The outputs for the Surround Speakers are next to the front speakers and the surround back speakers outputs are in a separate area on the BD 55. My question is as I only have 2 front, 1 center & 2 rear speakers besides a sub, the term "Surround Speakers" refers to my Rear Speakers correct? If I had 2 additional speakers they would be considered the Surround Back Speakers is that correct?

Will this Blu-Ray player play Region 0 DVDs as it won't apparently play PAL DVDs.

Thanks for your help

StevenSurprenant
12-26-2008, 07:01 AM
I finally have the money to get this & will be ordering this as soon as my PayPal money is in my bank account. I just started reading the instructions for connecting this by Analog and I'm confused on the terminology as I have a 5.1 set up (receiver is 7.1). Specifically, the Panasonic Manual refers to Surround Speakers and Surround Back Speakers. The outputs for the Surround Speakers are next to the front speakers and the surround back speakers outputs are in a separate area on the BD 55. My question is as I only have 2 front, 1 center & 2 rear speakers besides a sub, the term "Surround Speakers" refers to my Rear Speakers correct? If I had 2 additional speakers they would be considered the Surround Back Speakers is that correct?

Will this Blu-Ray player play Region 0 DVDs as it won't apparently play PAL DVDs.

Thanks for your help

Surround Speakers refer to your back surround speakers .

Between those and only when in 7.1 surround you would have your Surround Back speakers.

This may help...

http://www.dolby.com/consumer/home_entertainment/roomlayout2.html