Christmas Eve recommendations? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve recommendations?

ForeverAutumn
12-23-2008, 08:45 AM
All of our Christmas festivities take place on Christmas Day, so it's become a tradition to go to a movie with my Mom on Christmas Eve. I've been so busy lately that I haven't paid much attention to what's in the theatre's. There's a few things that I want to see that aren't starting until Christmas day, but has anyone seen anything that's currently playing that they'd like to recommend for us on Christmas Eve?

Kam
12-23-2008, 09:24 AM
the only pre-screening i've seen lately was Valykrie. im not sure if that opens on christmas eve or christmas day, but i really enjoyed it. it's a tad heavy (if that's not me being captain obvious) but if you're in the mood for a tense drama thriller, it's really good. :)

Groundbeef
12-23-2008, 09:25 AM
My wife and I are thinking of taking the kids to "Bedtime Stories". It has Adam Sandler, and it looks pretty funny. And sorta holiday sweet.

Hyfi
12-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Just rent the unedited version of Bad Santa. Mom will just love it!:devil:

ForeverAutumn
12-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Just rent the unedited version of Bad Santa. Mom will just love it!:devil:

You haven't met my mom...she'd kick that weasely Santa's ass!

dean_martin
12-23-2008, 10:38 AM
I've heard reports that Four Christmases has some unexpectedly funny scenes although it does track a predictable storyline. (I don't know why I keep giving Vince Vaugn the benefit of the doubt.)

I'm not sure how Dwight Yoakam lands his quirky film roles, but I've been told to watch for him in this one.

As you can tell, this recommendation comes without having actually seen the flick.

Sugar Beats
12-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Since many new movies are released Christmas Day, I don't think you have too many choices.

Depending on what you (and mom) likes, I've only seen a couple and heard things re: some of the other movies out there.

I've heard it asked how "Four Christmases" used 4 screen writers to come up with the script? And that the difference in height wasn't the only thing lacking between Vaughn and Witherspoon. So there's one down.

There's the opportunity to view Keanu at the height (I've heard) of his most robotic & unmotivating performances to date in "The Day the Earth Stood Still." Yet another great choice...

Then there is the movie I have actually seen and would recommend which is "Australia." Not super christmassy, (is that a word?)
But the beauty of the landscapes and the film's stars was enough to captivate me. Now I will state that I have a weakness for dark hair, perfectly scuplted abs and a blazing, beautiful white smile ;) which describes Jackman to a "T"! Just the scene alone where his truly stunning "attributes" are highlighted made it worth while for me. So you can go w/ what's been said, or go with what you know you are going to get. I want to also mention that I really enjoy Nicole Kidman and think she is a wonderful actor as well... and it has a "happy" ending...

So there is my recommendation! Good Luck, and let me know how you like Jackman! :thumbsup:

JohnMichael
12-23-2008, 06:48 PM
I would like to see Milk and Doubt this holiday season.

Kam
12-23-2008, 08:02 PM
I would like to see Milk and Doubt this holiday season.

i saw doubt. loved it.