New Guinea Pig!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Guinea Pig!!

Groundbeef
12-22-2008, 06:45 AM
My wife and I have bought a new guinea pig for the girls. We were all saddened by the sudden loss of Cinderella 2 months ago.

Cookie was pretty sad as well. We went to the pet store last night, and picked out a real cutie. This morning I had them "meet" and it went well. Our plan is to sneak her into the cage on Christmas Eve. For now, she is staying in my office in the old cage we used when we only had 1 pig.

Cookie seemed happy for the new addition. Cookie is the black and white. The new one isn't named yet.

Heres a pic:

kexodusc
12-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Hey that's great..you sneaky devil...you're sure to earn some brownie points with the little Beefs this year.

As for names for rodents...can't go wrong with "Rich" :ciappa:

ForeverAutumn
12-22-2008, 06:58 AM
That's wonderful! Your kids will be so excited. Mmmm. Look at all that yummy Timothy hay. They must be very happy piggies.

Your new one looks like my Ginger, only with a lighter coloured head. I'm happy to share the name with you.

ForeverAutumn
12-22-2008, 07:08 AM
Here's a picture of both my piggies. The white one is Echo.

Groundbeef
12-22-2008, 08:21 AM
They look lovely. I don't know how fast your piggies are, but ours are like little rockets!

Do your's 'popcorn' much? Ours are always jumping up and down. Makes the girls laugh like crazy!

ForeverAutumn
12-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Ginger used to "popcorn" when she was younger. They are about 4.5 now and both have tumours so they don't jump much anymore. But they are still very fast. Especially Echo. For a big ball of fat, she can really move!

Ginger is the affectionate one. She loves to have her hind end scratched much like a cat. When you pet her, she'll drop down to the ground, start making cooing sounds and wiggle a back foot out behind her. It's hilarious to see. She's also very chatty. We hardly ever hear Echo make a sound, but Ginger is very expressive.

bobsticks
12-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Good show, Beefy. Ya gots to take care of them children-folk. When making the decision of whether to take of you or not through the decrepit years the new addition may turn the tide.

Surely little Rich will love its new home.

Worf101
12-26-2008, 12:05 PM
"Guinea Pigs is practically pork..... (slorp, drool, smeck)"

Da Worfster

bobsticks
12-26-2008, 03:16 PM

Da Worfster

Not as compelling roasting on a spit though...kinda anti-climactic like a miniature Stonehenge lowering from the ceiling.

Auricauricle
12-26-2008, 03:27 PM
....or an amp that cranks to "11"....

Yer sick, Sir Crease! And demented! Sick and demented!

(Thank God! I thought I was alone in this!)

Rich-n-Texas
12-26-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey that's great..you sneaky devil...you're sure to earn some brownie points with the little Beefs this year.

As for names for rodents...can't go wrong with "Rich" :ciappa:
HUH?

You rang?

However, good going good Dad. I think FA's kids have a better playground than yours do but I'm sure there are lots of laughs when... what's its name... shifts into psycho mode.

Rich-n-Texas
12-26-2008, 05:30 PM
That's wonderful! Your kids will be so excited. Mmmm. Look at all that yummy Timothy hay...
Oh. I thought that was a straw hut. :idea:

ForeverAutumn
12-26-2008, 07:23 PM

Da Worfster

I have a friend whose 17-yr-old daughter went to Equador for 8 weeks as part of a high school credit course. She went to live and work with a family who owned a Guinea Pig farm. They farmed them as food, not pets. She ate Guinea Pig a few times while she was there and said that it was actually quite good.

You couldn't get me to eat one unless my life depended on it.

So Beefy, how did your kids like their livestock Christmas present?

Groundbeef
12-26-2008, 07:37 PM
very nice. I'll post a picture tomorrow if I have time. it has been a busy couple of days. Family in wed-fri, and then sat-sun. Monday should be calmer.

RoadRunner6
12-26-2008, 07:44 PM
I understand Guinea Pig tastes like chicken.

RoadRunner6
12-26-2008, 07:48 PM
She loves to have her hind end scratched much like a cat. When you pet her, she'll drop down to the ground, start making cooing sounds

I had a girl friend just like that. She moved to Texas. Maybe I'll give her Rich's number.

RR6 ;)

Auricauricle
12-27-2008, 11:26 AM
I heard that GP tastes like chicken too....I just wish the drumsticks were more fillin'.

Rich-n-Texas
12-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Out of respect for beef & his pets, I'm not going to continue taking this thread in the current direction.

Rich-n-Texas
12-27-2008, 12:06 PM
I had a girl friend just like that. She moved to Texas. Maybe I'll give her Rich's number.

RR6 ;)
Send pics!!!

Auricauricle
12-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Awww, you wuss, you!

Seriously, I am very touched. It sounds like you're a thoughtful and inspiring dad, Beefy. Congatulations on the new addtion to the family and all the best....

God, I gotta hankering fer barbeque!

RoadRunner6
12-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Send pics!!!

I talked to her today. She said she would like to get together with you for coffee. Any time that's OK with you is just fine with her, she's very flexible.

(go ahead and ask me why we broke up)

Rich-n-Texas
12-29-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm embarrased. :o

bobsticks
12-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Have miles, will travel...

ForeverAutumn
12-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Out of respect for beef & his pets, I'm not going to continue taking this thread in the current direction.
Send pics!!!

Yep, that's much more respectful. :hand:

ForeverAutumn
12-29-2008, 07:18 PM
I talked to her today. She said she would like to get together with you for coffee. Any time that's OK with you is just fine with her, she's very flexible.

(go ahead and ask me why we broke up)

Well, so much for a nice family-friendly thread. :yikes:

RoadRunner6
12-29-2008, 11:33 PM
She was just sitting around in her workout top and shorts (not underwear) and decided to have a cup of coffee. Like I said she is rather flexible. Why is Rich embarrased and why is this not considered a family friendly post? I'm real cornfused! (Also, nobody asked me why we broke up).

RR6 :(

Rich-n-Texas
12-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Okay, I'll bite... Why did you two break up? (betting "break" is the keyword here)

GMichael
12-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Maybe she's too twisted?:arf:

Worf101
12-30-2008, 08:39 AM
....or an amp that cranks to "11"....

Yer sick, Sir Crease! And demented! Sick and demented!

(Thank God! I thought I was alone in this!)
Ah thank you, ah thank you....

Da Worfster

RoadRunner6
12-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Okay, I'll bite... Why did you two break up?

Funny you should ask, Rich.

When my hound dog, Bogie (named after Bogachiel Peak and River in the Olympic National Park) used to return from a long run he would drink out of the toilet. OK, so I could handle that. He was my best friend you know.

But then one day I found my girlfriend drinking out of the toilet. That was it! She be gone!

RR6 :D

(Bogie never liked her that much anyway)

GMichael
12-30-2008, 11:41 AM
She gave herself a swirly? Strange girl.:sosp: