See if you guys remember these purchased favs. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : See if you guys remember these purchased favs.

Mr Peabody
12-21-2008, 07:06 PM
I got to thinking about good old movies I liked as a kid and looked to see if any were available. Here's what I ordered, anybody else get into them.

Matt Helm Lounge, which is a 4 movie set of Dean's, Matt Helm movies. I found this 4 disc box set for only $14.95 on DVD at Amazon. One of these movies has Ann Margaret, looking forward to that.

An 8 movie, 4 two sided discs, of Frankie Avalon movies. Most of them are the beach films with Annette but a couple are the racing flicks. One of our local independent TV stations used to play a beach movie almost every Saturday. Remember Eric Von Zipper, Bone Head or Big Daddy? This cost about double what the Helm collection cost but it's twice the number of movies, so it works out.

It's always a test to see whether these movies from long ago and not seen in ages still bring entertainment or if it's a "what was I thinking" kind of thing.

Worf101
12-22-2008, 06:32 AM
I purchased all the ole Frankie and Annette stuff about a year ago. My ole lady works at CDPC (Capital District Psychiatric Center) the loonies, particularly the older ones, love viewing this stuff. Keeps em from riotin' I suppose. I NEVER knew that Deano made 4 Matt Helms, I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the information.

Da Worfster

dean_martin
12-22-2008, 08:44 AM
"The Silencers" (one of the aforementioned Matt Helm movies) has one of the best opening music numbers of all time.

Mr Peabody
12-22-2008, 03:46 PM
The "looneys" like them? What are you trying to say? :)

Worf101
12-26-2008, 11:01 AM
The "looneys" like them? What are you trying to say? :)
The "clients" (^^%$$#%!!!! Political Correctness) love old movies. But as dad used to say "iffin dem shoes fit".

Da Worfster

Mr Peabody
12-26-2008, 04:49 PM
Ah, who cares about political correctness, well.... unless you do...., only kidding, I thought you were trying to say I was looney by associated activities. :)

I got the collections in today. I hope to view a couple but there's a lot going on and may not get to.