Anyone have a sure fire remedy for battling a [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a sure fire remedy for battling a

Sugar Beats
12-19-2008, 01:07 PM
nasty head cold? I've never felt so crummy right before Christmas! :frown5:

My baby was sick & now after taking care of him, I feel just blah!!

Stuffy head, stuffy nose, runny nose, the works. I think I've taken just
about everything they make!

Anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to be "down" for the Holiday!

Thanks!

Rich-n-Texas
12-19-2008, 01:10 PM
While there's no cure for the common cold, I find a LOT of beer and liquor helps sooth the symptoms, or makes me forget about them altogether. :yesnod:

Auricauricle
12-19-2008, 01:44 PM
What have you taken, how much and for how long?

ForeverAutumn
12-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Someone once told me to disolve a Halls in cup of hot tea. I haven't tried it though.

I usually just drink lots of tea and orange juice or apple juice (the low acid kind) and take Advil Cold and Sinus. At night I take Nyquil.

Sugar Beats
12-19-2008, 03:42 PM
I've done the Halls thing before, it does work pretty well. I don't know if I have any around. The storm is in full swing and I'm not going to venture out. I took some Nyquil day caps earlier, and they helped a little but I can tell it's wearing off. No appetite, maybe that will be good for making cookies, then I won't eat them!
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm willing to try any and all to feel better!

ForeverAutumn
12-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Don't sneeze in the cookies!!!

Sugar Beats
12-19-2008, 04:47 PM
I won't! I'm having my oldest make them, I'm just supervising!

elapsed
12-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Here's my recipe for killing the flu... my dad is a pharmacist, so he helps me put this together every year. Just be careful mixing things, works great for me though!

- Multivitamin
- 3 x ColdFx
- 1 x Extra Strength Tylenol
- 1 x Redoxon 1000mg Vitamin C
- 2 x Robitussin Cough and Cold (Extra Strength)
- 1 x Cholraseptic Sore Throat Lozenge

Evening:

- Multivitamin
- 3 x ColdFx
- 1 x Extra Strength Tylenol
- 1 x NeoCitran Cough & Cold DM
- 2 x Calmylin with Codeine (knocks you out in about a half hour, great night sleep)
- 1 x Cholraseptic Sore Throat Lozenge

cheers,
elapsed

Sugar Beats
12-20-2008, 06:22 AM
Wow! That's quite the recipe! Thanks!

RoadRunner6
12-20-2008, 01:28 PM
There is only one plan: lots of rest, lots of fluids, especially water, including chicken soup and keep your self hydrated, steamy showers and saline nose sprays like OTC "Ocean."

All the OTC drugs relieve symptoms only and can actually slow down the healing process. Runny nose is natures way of healing, don't dry out your nose with OTC medicines.

If you are running a med to high fever then you night have the flu.

RR6

Auricauricle
12-22-2008, 12:07 PM
I'll just reccommend garling with warm salt water. If you have germs in the pipe (throat) it'll kill 'em. Take aspirin fer any headaches and body aches, and stay hydrated (good adv., RR). Pseudophed is a good product fer drying up the congestion--make sure it doesn't keep you awake. Other than that and budlin' up with yer OAO and some good tunes and/or a movie, you're gonna have to ride thissun out...

You ain't spikin' any temps, are ya?

Sugar Beats
12-22-2008, 06:34 PM
No temps, and I'm feeling much improved! Thanks for all the "doctoring!" Now I'm just hoping the kids don't get it and pass it on...

Auricauricle
12-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Ah yes, the kids....The true source of those gifts that keep on giving....