Some recent movie viewings [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Some recent movie viewings

kexodusc
12-19-2008, 12:38 PM
About to catch my ride home for the holidays...thought I'd post some quick comments on several movies I bougth/rented recently...all on BluRay

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - Never before have I seen a plot so poorly considered, dialogue so cheesy, yet special effects and polish so compelling that I couldn't turn away....this was terrible...worse than The Scorpion King, but it had its wow.
C-

Step Brothers: This was just never funny at any point. I liked it when comedies used to try.
F

The Incredible Hulk: Wow, wasn't expecting much but Ed Norton made me care about the Hulk again...this was how it should have been done a few years ago. I'm going to buy this now....it was great on BluRay...7.1 Rules!!!
B (but A- for me cause I'm a sucker for Marvel)

The Assassination of Jesse James by that Guy Rob Something - This was pretty good actually, not great, but I don't remember hearing about it going to the Theater. You could spend 2 hrs and change doing much worse. Solid Rental in the American folk/history/legend genre...Pitt ain't bad when he puts his mind to something.
B+

Crank - WTF? Seriously. This was retarded.
F

Hancock:: Geez, you'd think Will Smith was a communist or something by the way they trashed this movie in the summer. It was predictable, a bit silly at times, but a decent enough pop corn muncher that's worth a gander
B

The Invasion: Is it just me or does Nicole Kidman look more or less the same every freakin' movie? She doesn't age. She's not human. The movie...meh, decent sci-fi stuff M. Night Syamalan wishes he could still pull off.
B-

Gotta say, most BluRays I've been watching have the higher bitrate Dolby or DTS in 7.1 and it makes a big difference over matrixing (is that a word) the 5.1 track like you have to with most DVD's...

Up next...Season 4 of Lost...

Rich-n-Texas
12-19-2008, 12:43 PM
...Up next...Season 4 of Lost...

:frown2:

And you were doing so well...

kexodusc
12-19-2008, 03:12 PM
:frown2:

And you were doing so well...
Awww c'mon Rich...even if you can't keep up with the plot there's enough scantily clad women running around to keep ya hooked....:ciappa:

Rich-n-Texas
12-19-2008, 03:28 PM
I have HBO/Cinemax. I get the REAL stuff! :ihih:

kexodusc
12-19-2008, 03:31 PM
I have HBO/Cinemax. I get the REAL stuff! :ihih:
Oh that's what you call the REAL stuff?

Must be awfully awkward when your mom walks in :hand:

Rich-n-Texas
12-19-2008, 04:22 PM
You've been watchin' too much Seinfeld... :dita:

kexodusc
12-19-2008, 05:53 PM
You've been watchin' too much Seinfeld... :dita:
Yes I have....:yesnod:

ForeverAutumn
12-20-2008, 07:00 AM
We watched Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story last night. I wasn't expecting much. Hubby recorded it a while back and wanted to watch it. I thought that I would just sit and read my book. But the movie was actually better than I thought it would be and I ended up watching it.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't Oscar material, but it had some really funny moments and I laughed out loud several times! I'd recommend it if you're looking for a laugh.

kexodusc
12-20-2008, 08:42 AM
We watched Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story last night. I wasn't expecting much. Hubby recorded it a while back and wanted to watch it. I thought that I would just sit and read my book. But the movie was actually better than I thought it would be and I ended up watching it.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't Oscar material, but it had some really funny moments and I laughed out loud several times! I'd recommend it if you're looking for a laugh.
Saw it...we recorded it for a snowy day, too. A great movie to watch on the Tube in a pinch. Sort of a weird Johnny Cash parody in some spots.

Step Brothers was far worse.