I once was LOST... and i don't want to be found (S5) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I once was LOST... and i don't want to be found (S5)

Pages : [1] 2

kexodusc
12-17-2008, 12:37 PM
4, 8, 15,16, 23, 42

kexodusc
12-17-2008, 12:37 PM
(WTF just happened?)
Got the BluRays yesterday...Saturday is the earliest I can watch'em..:( There's some BluRay exclusive footage or something too, I'll have to check what it is though.

So please provide spoiler warnings on those videos if there's anything cool on them..

Kam
12-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Alrighty all you Losties, Tailies, Others, Hostiles, Dharmans, Widmorians, Freighties, Oceanic 6ers, Four Toe-ers, and everyone inbetween.... let's get it on!!

Anyone see the underground videos interviewing the oceanic 6 on the season 4 dvds?

:-D

Worf101
12-18-2008, 06:19 AM
Did you deliberately "warp" his notes ahead of the "ORIGINAL" post? Or am I just hallucinating?

Da Worfster

kexodusc
12-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Did you deliberately "warp" his notes ahead of the "ORIGINAL" post? Or am I just hallucinating?

Da Worfster
(in best Ben voice)

I have no idea what you're talking about...I'm the good guy. :devil:

Kam
12-18-2008, 01:54 PM
well if that ain't the best way to start off the season 5 thread... i don't know what is lol

ForeverAutumn
12-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Here's another little tidbit to keep you counting down the days...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2A3RJ37FaOM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2A3RJ37FaOM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kam
12-23-2008, 09:21 AM
ooo last shot...
"EVENT WINDOW DETERMINED"

hmmm...

Kam
01-06-2009, 09:34 AM
ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

friend's birthday dinner on the 21st.

are you KIDDING ME!!!!?????

arggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ForeverAutumn
01-06-2009, 10:13 AM
ARGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

friend's birthday dinner on the 21st.

are you KIDDING ME!!!!?????

arggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aren't you going to be sick that day?

:yikes:

kexodusc
01-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Wow, I'm sorry to hear about that sudden case of the 24-hr mumps you're going to come down with...:ihih:

kexodusc
01-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Dammit...FA beat me too it!

Kam
01-06-2009, 10:50 AM
i mean really??? it's not like she won't have another birthday next year!!! and this is ONLY day EVER that Lost Season 5 will have its premiere!

argh. friends. dammmmmmit.

ForeverAutumn
01-06-2009, 12:11 PM
i mean really??? it's not like she won't have another birthday next year!!! and this is ONLY day EVER that Lost Season 5 will have its premiere!

argh. friends. dammmmmmit.

I say that you show up for dinner. And then just before 8:00, throw-up on the table. Everyone will understand when you have to excuse yourself to go home and rest. :yesnod:

Or you could not show up at all and then the next day tell her that you did go but somehow you were in a different time space and you're not sure how you got there or how you got back. But along the way, you did run into a giant four-toed statue and an old woman who could predict what was going to happen next...and it was the strangest thing...

Rich-n-Texas
01-06-2009, 12:35 PM
We have to go baaaaaack!

:rolleyes:

:ciappa:

Kam
01-06-2009, 02:01 PM
I say that you show up for dinner. And then just before 8:00, throw-up on the table. Everyone will understand when you have to excuse yourself to go home and rest. :yesnod:

Or you could not show up at all and then the next day tell her that you did go but somehow you were in a different time space and you're not sure how you got there or how you got back. But along the way, you did run into a giant four-toed statue and an old woman who could predict what was going to happen next...and it was the strangest thing...

can't believe i'm contemplating missing it, but... how soon do the episodes show up on the abc site? is it immediately after broadcast? or is the next day?

i remember watching fringe episodes i missed the next day... but that was fox.

ForeverAutumn
01-06-2009, 05:19 PM
can't believe i'm contemplating missing it, but... how soon do the episodes show up on the abc site? is it immediately after broadcast? or is the next day?

i remember watching fringe episodes i missed the next day... but that was fox.

Don't you have a PVR, TiVo or VCR that you can set up? Although, frankly, if I had to miss it (famous last words!) I'd be recording it and asking someone else to record for me also as a back-up. That way you can still watch it when you get home. It's 2 hours right? So fast forward through all those nasty commercials (and there's bound to be LOTS for the premier night) and you're probably down to a good hour and half at most. You should still be able to watch it before you go to bed. Because, face it, you're going to be lying awake all night wondering what happened anyway, if you don't watch it.

Kam
01-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Don't you have a PVR, TiVo or VCR that you can set up? Although, frankly, if I had to miss it (famous last words!) I'd be recording it and asking someone else to record for me also as a back-up. That way you can still watch it when you get home. It's 2 hours right? So fast forward through all those nasty commercials (and there's bound to be LOTS for the premier night) and you're probably down to a good hour and half at most. You should still be able to watch it before you go to bed. Because, face it, you're going to be lying awake all night wondering what happened anyway, if you don't watch it.

i do have a vcr i could break out of retirement for this. if i have to. or i might get a tivo just so i dont miss this, and i've heard tivo really is great besides the fact that it wont let me miss Lost. :D

also i'm a spoiled brat and want to watch it in abc HD and all that bells and whistles. hehehe

Worf101
01-07-2009, 07:12 AM
I WAZ skeptical when I first got a cable box with DVR but I'm a convert now. DVR is a wonderful drug.

Da Worfster

ForeverAutumn
01-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Obviously, my friends aren't Losties!

I've started a countdown on my facebook page without stating why and some of my friends are trying to guess what I'm counting down to. :nonod:

I think that they're going to be disappointed when I finally spill the beans on the 21st. hehehe

kexodusc
01-09-2009, 09:37 AM
You need to lend them Seasons 1-4 to get them hooked...they still have time to catch up.

Rich-n-Texas
01-09-2009, 10:29 AM
We have to go baaaaack!!!

(everytime I have to hear it, you're gonna read it)

kexodusc
01-09-2009, 11:07 AM
We have to go baaaaack!!!

(everytime I have to hear it, you're gonna read it)
It is pretty suspensefully-wicked-awesome isn't it?

Rich-n-Texas
01-09-2009, 11:21 AM
What was that FA? :confused:

Rich-n-Texas
01-12-2009, 08:10 AM
psst... kex, what did she say?

MAN! She deleted two messages. She must really be pissed! :ihih:

kexodusc
01-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Hmmmm...finished watching S4 yesterday.

I have a theory on Locke in the coffin...

Remember how that weird time capsule thingy in the Orchid could make more than 1 bunny appear? I think Coffin John is a 2nd Locke...so he sent his doppleganger to Cali to lure Kate and Jack and crew back to the Island...wherever that is now?

Subsequently John 2 gets murdered...but the real John is still on the Island. Doesnt' make sense the new Others leader would leave the Island, and I doubt the writers would kill of the real John...he's such a great character. Or maybe that's just me hoping.

We'll see.

Edit: Hmmm, doesn't explain why they need to bring the body back to the Island w/ everyone else....maybe he is dead and they're gonna revive him somehow?

Oh...and what's the deal on Island time??? Is it faster or slower than real world time? I only got a C in Quantum Temporal Irregularities in college. I think by the probe test that Faraday did that Island time moves a lot slower. Could be wrong though.

Groundbeef
01-12-2009, 09:55 AM
I'll bet FA didn't delete them. It was Ben.

Groundbeef
01-12-2009, 09:57 AM

Remember how that weird time capsule thingy in the Orchid could make more than 1 bunny appear? I think Coffin John is a 2nd Locke...so he sent his doppleganger to Cali to lure Kate and Jack and crew back to the Island...wherever that is now?

Subsequently John 2 gets murdered...but the real John is still on the Island. Doesnt' make sense the new Others leader would leave the Island, and I doubt the writers would kill of the real John...he's such a great character. Or maybe that's just me hoping.

We'll see.

Edit: Hmmm, doesn't explain why they need to bring the body back to the Island w/ everyone else....maybe he is dead and they're gonna revive him somehow?

Oh...and what's the deal on Island time??? Is it faster or slower than real world time? I only got a C in Quantum Temporal Irregularities in college. I think by the probe test that Faraday did that Island time moves a lot slower. Could be wrong though.

I think that time moves much more slowly on the island. Remeber, when they were all wondering when the chopper was going to get to the boat? And it took way longer than anyone on the beach expected?

ForeverAutumn
01-12-2009, 10:57 AM

We'll see.

I like that theory! And the reason that they need to return the body to the island could be so that no one else (see that Rich?) can catch on that the dead Locke is not the real Locke. Perhaps Widmore is trying to get his hands on the cloning technology and they have to get the evidence back to the island to protect it.

Regarding time. If I remember correctly it changes depending on which direction you're going.

Example: The helicopter leaves at 1:00 island time. If it should take an hour to get to the boat then the helicopter should have arrived at the boat at 2:00. But it's not there yet when the island people think it should be. So, isn't time moving faster on the island?

Although, if we reverse direction the opposite is true...Example: the geeky science guy (I've forgotten his name) from the boat is on the island waiting for the cylinder to arrive, but it takes longer than he expects. If the cylinder left the boat at 1:00 and should have been at the island by 2:00 but isn't, then island time would be slower.

I think that I've just confused myself.

Kam
01-12-2009, 11:13 AM
I like that theory! And the reason that they need to return the body to the island could be so that no one else (see that Rich?) can catch on that the dead Locke is not the real Locke. Perhaps Widmore is trying to get his hands on the cloning technology and they have to get the evidence back to the island to protect it.

Groundbeef, if it took a long time for the 'copter to reach the boat, wouldn't that mean that time on the island is moving faster? Example: The helicopter leaves at 1:00 island time. It should take an hour. When it's 2:00 on the island the helicopter should have arrived at the boat. But it's not there yet. Isn't time moving faster on the island?

there was the scene with the scientist on the beach when the boat launched that device to the island and he timed it. i thought there was a time difference between his timer and the timer on the device. but i can't remember which way it went, i think longer. ie. the device said it left the boat and reached the island in 15 minutes, and his watch said when he talked to the boat and told them to launch it, 45 minutes. so there was a 30 minute time delay on the island.

kexodusc
01-12-2009, 11:51 AM
there was the scene with the scientist on the beach when the boat launched that device to the island and he timed it. i thought there was a time difference between his timer and the timer on the device. but i can't remember which way it went, i think longer. ie. the device said it left the boat and reached the island in 15 minutes, and his watch said when he talked to the boat and told them to launch it, 45 minutes. so there was a 30 minute time delay on the island.
Yeah that's right, except I think it was 15 seconds, not minutes (I could be wrong). Just watched it a few days ago, wish my memory was better, but IIRC Faraday was talking to the boat scientist while the probe was launched and she said "it should be there" by now and it wasn't.

then it showed up later.

Weird..

ForeverAutumn
01-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Faraday! That's the guy!

I don't think that the time difference is ON the island. I think that the delay is in the route TO the island. It takes too long for the chopper to reach the boat lwhen eaving the island, but it also takes too long for the device to reach the island when leaving the boat. If the time shift were ON the island things would go slow one way and fast the other way. Wouldn't they?

This would also help to explain the severe weather that the chopper has to go through to get to and from the island. It's travelling through some sort of time warp (or worm hole as I've heard it referred to).

Kam
01-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Faraday! That's the guy!

I don't think that the time difference is ON the island. I think that the delay is in the route TO the island. It takes too long for the chopper to reach the boat lwhen eaving the island, but it also takes too long for the device to reach the island when leaving the boat. If the time shift were ON the island things would go slow one way and fast the other way. Wouldn't they?

This would also help to explain the severe weather that the chopper has to go through to get to and from the island. It's travelling through some sort of time warp (or worm hole as I've heard it referred to).

yeah i agree, i didn't mean time ON the island as much as whatever that field is that surrounds the island and hides it from the rest of the world.

i'm wondering if the story will go back (if that's even appropriate term) in time to the end of season 2 (i think?) where we saw that outpost in the north pole and the dudes who were monitoring the signs for an incident when they call Penny. Next we know she's on her way looking for Desmond. but from the time of that first call to widmore sending HIS boat to find the island alot must have happenned.

Groundbeef
01-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Here is my bet.

Time goes much slower on the island. When they go back, everyone will be expecting to see a baby, but Aaron is like 2-3?

I think in Island time, it will be like weeks not years have passed.

I like the Locke angle though.

ForeverAutumn
01-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Okay my fellow fanatics, here are a few little tidbits for you to chew on.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20251960,00.html

I especially like the Pierre Chang video. And is that our Mr. Faraday's voice behind the camera? Hmmmmmmm.

kexodusc
01-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Wow...Ok, Season 5 is going to bring Television as we know it to its knees...

Yep...sounded like Faraday's voice to me.

And that Charlotte lady...(red-head rocket with the romantic sub-plot with Faraday)...she was born on the island...what's her role in all this?

ForeverAutumn
01-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Three hours of Lost on ABC tonight. The three hour finale from last season from 8 - 11.

Woooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich-n-Texas
01-14-2009, 01:25 PM
WE HAVE TO GO BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!

:yikes:

Kam
01-14-2009, 06:36 PM
i like the lil popup reminders of what the flock was going on all this time, who's related to whom and all that jazz.

wow. what a show.

so if that wasn't the 'magic box' in the orchid station, then is there a magic box elsewhere? the one that can bring anything you want to the island.

Rich-n-Texas
01-14-2009, 07:22 PM
DAMMIT! I wish someone would quote her before she deletes her retort! :mad5:

C'mon fellas, help a brotha out!

Worf101
01-15-2009, 06:21 AM
I'm finally gettin' jazzed for the new season. Wonder if any of the Fringe folks are going to cross-over during this season. So.. seems I was right, as were many of us, about time travel, dimensional shifting and all that. I do think that they're right, they can't take Locke's body back, they shouldn't "raise him" from the semi dead. If they do they'll set up a rift in the space time continum that will release even more hell on earth (see The Mist). But truth be told, I can't wait.

Da Worfster

ForeverAutumn
01-15-2009, 06:35 AM
I forgot how much I loved that scene where Desmond and Penny meet up on the boat. What a great love story intertwined in all this mess.

Desmond and Penny will go down in history as a love story as great as Catherine and Heathcliff or Romeo and Juliet, IMO.

Kam
01-20-2009, 03:30 PM
I forgot how much I loved that scene where Desmond and Penny meet up on the boat. What a great love story intertwined in all this mess.

Desmond and Penny will go down in history as a love story as great as Catherine and Heathcliff or Romeo and Juliet, IMO.

SO intense!! going back to, the scene where he 'time jumps' into himself and buys the ring... only to have to break penny's heart, knowing he HAS to do it to set in motion the events to get him to that island... on Libby's boat no-less... what a story!

kexodusc
01-21-2009, 06:28 AM
Finally....we're doing a 4 hr sprint through the last few S4 shows tonight just to warm us up for the big return...

It's been a long wait.

ForeverAutumn
01-21-2009, 06:56 AM
11 hours and counting. Hubby was kind enough to make dinner plans with a friend tonight, so I'll have the house to myself with no interruptions.

Would it be wrong to lock the cat in a different room for a few hours?

kexodusc
01-21-2009, 07:33 AM
11 hours and counting. Hubby was kind enough to make dinner plans with a friend tonight, so I'll have the house to myself with no interruptions.

As long as there isn't a number on it :crazy:

Sugar Beats
01-21-2009, 10:20 AM

NO!! Do it. I would go for no interruptions. It's going to be awesome!

This is what I read this morning....

The show has previously flirted with altered consciousness, déjà vu and time travel, but Season 5 brings the full monty.

I’ve seen the first three episodes and all I can say is “Lost” is about to get even more complicated, if that’s possible. But don’t be alarmed. You’ve got to respect the effort and ambition that goes into this creative genius of a show, and trust in its superior storytelling.

After a torturous eight-month wait, new episodes are here, and so are some tidbits on this season’s adventure:

--This year the audience will learn a “greater sense of the island's history.”

--Physicist Daniel Faraday (Jeremy Davies), mysterious Charles Widmore, and ageless Richard Alpert (Nestor Carbonell) all become pivotal players this season.

--You'll definitely see Jin this season--he's a series regular. (Don’t mistake this with Jin being alive, however.)

--You won’t see much of Claire this season, she’s not a series regular. (But producers say she’ll re-emerge in Season 6.)

--As an apology to fans for neglecting Sawyer last year, Josh Holloway is heavily featured this season--and so is his bare chest. (me = smiling)

--The person that Ben works for…is “probably Ben,” say “Lost” producers.

--Desmond honors an old friend in a way that will make you want to cry.

--Jumping through time can be bad for your health. Just a warning.

--The two factions continue to co-exist on-and-off the island, as we anxiously await for them to converge. The Oceanic 6 are back home dodging bad guys (with Jack trying to collect everyone to bring them baaaaack!), while the island gang is caught in a cataclysmic time warp.

For the thought process behind the bigger picture, here are the highlights from a press conference with “Lost” producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse at last week’s TCA press tour.

On time travel:
Lindelof: “The show's been a time-travel show for the last four years. We're just making it more apparent in the storytelling now. Hopefully as Season 5 unfolds, you will realize that time travel has been in the DNA of the show for quite some time.”

So you guys are on the right track!!! Can't wait till tonight! Who's making the treats? Popcorn, Root beer floats? What's on tap?

kexodusc
01-21-2009, 10:35 AM

NO!! Do it. I would go for no interruptions. It's going to be awesome!

So you guys are on the right track!!! Can't wait till tonight! Who's making the treats? Popcorn, Root beer floats? What's on tap?

AWESOME :arf:
Nice find, SB....ugh...day...going...so...slow.

ForeverAutumn
01-21-2009, 12:45 PM
Desmond honors an old friend in a way that will make you want to cry.

That's gotta be Charlie is my guess. They could prove me wrong but I don't see myself crying over him.

Glad to hear that Jin and Sawyer's bare chest will be featured this season. :arf:

Sugar Beats
01-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Glad to hear that Jin and Sawyer's bare chest will be featured this season

Hey FA, I'm right there w/ ya!

kexodusc
01-21-2009, 03:21 PM
Glad to hear that Jin and Sawyer's bare chest will be featured this season. :arf:
And I'm looking forward to equal screen time for Kate and Charlotte's bare chest...:D

ForeverAutumn
01-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Hey guys (and gal), if you go to Sledgeweb's site and register, there's a live chat. We can chat during commercials. I'm registered as...you guessed it...ForeverAutumn. :)

http://lost.cubit.net/chat.php

Kam
01-21-2009, 10:12 PM
i hate abc.com.... :(

the damn episode isn't online yet.

damn birthdays.

:(

damn time warner for not letting me install my cable card myself...

damn tivo.

i want my season premier :(

Groundbeef
01-22-2009, 03:36 AM
Well, it was a doozy. Trying to figure out the Locke angle (is he dead?), the Danial twist with Desmond (why his mother)?, and speaking of that, was the creepy lady that talked with Ben- Danials mother?

I found Neil most annoying, and was happy that he died via a flaming arrow. Coincidently, he was wearing a red shirt.:shocked:

Not sure about the Sun angle yet.

Discuss.

kexodusc
01-22-2009, 04:36 AM
Well, it was a doozy. Trying to figure out the Locke angle (is he dead?), the Danial twist with Desmond (why his mother)?, and speaking of that, was the creepy lady that talked with Ben- Danials mother?

I found Neil most annoying, and was happy that he died via a flaming arrow. Coincidently, he was wearing a red shirt.:shocked:

Not sure about the Sun angle yet.

Discuss.
Locke is dead, but mebbe he can be brought to life somehow? Or maybe he's in a better place.

As soon as Faraday said "mother" I knew it was the old lady...it's all coming together now...those brilliant bastards.

I'm glad Neil took a flaming arrow in the heart too. Good for that actor though - I can't think of any other characters that have got 31 seconds of air time that made me hate them so much, so fast.

Is Sun going after Jack? Sure sounded like it.

I'm starting to wonder if that Orientation Video dude is really Dr. Hanso?

ForeverAutumn
01-22-2009, 05:26 AM
As soon as Faraday said "mother" I knew it was the old lady...it's all coming together now...those brilliant bastards.

I thought the same thing. It's the woman who sold Desmond the engagement ring for Penny. When we saw her last night with her blackboard, that pretty much confirmed it for me. But where was she? It looked like a Dharma station to me.

So did anyone catch the song playing on the radio when Hurley was buying the T-shirt in the gas station? It was Cheap Trick's Dream Police and the lyrics playing were "they're driving me insane. Those men inside my brain". LMAO. It's the little details like that that make this show so good.

Overall, I didn't think that this premier was as good as previous seasons. There were no real WTF moments for me, like when we discovered that Desmond was in the hatch, or the book club was The Others. I enjoyed it, but it didn't wow me.

I have a cold though and my brain is in a fog so maybe I didn't catch on to everything. I think that I'll watch it again and see if it strikes me differently the second time.

ForeverAutumn
01-22-2009, 05:35 AM
Oh yeah, Ana Lucia (:yikes: ) specifically told Hurley not to get arrested. So what does he do? He runs to the cops to run away from Ben. I think that Ben will get Hurley out of jail and out of trouble and as a result, Hurley will "owe" Ben.

And I loved Hurley's confession to his mother. That didn't make him sound loony as all. Nope, not at all. :lol:

kexodusc
01-22-2009, 05:38 AM
Overall, I didn't think that this premier was as good as previous seasons. There were no real WTF moments for me, like when we discovered that Desmond was in the hatch, or the book club was The Others. I enjoyed it, but it didn't wow me.

WHAAA???????
I felt this one was the best yet. The time flashing thingy's going on on the island. Blown up hatch, repaired hatch. Desmond talking to Faraday. Echo's brother's plane crashing.. Locke's leg getting hurt in that time (remember when Locke's leg was inexplicably not working well a few seasons ago??? I'm sure it has something to do with 2 Locke's in the same time.) Richard giving Locke the compass, running into Ethan. Lots of WTF moments for me...
Faraday trying to explain time travel, the DI digging the Orchid station...etc...
And that scene at the end...if Ben doesn't get them all back on the Island, God help us all...:shocked:

ForeverAutumn
01-22-2009, 06:07 AM
Oh man, I really need to watch it again. I've already forgotten about half of the things that you mentioned!

The cubit site has pictures of the Compass that Richard gave Locke last night and the Compass from when Richard sees Locke as a child. They are not the same. It could, however, just be a production error.

kexodusc
01-22-2009, 06:35 AM
I think Ben knew what he was doing when turned that weird Time Warp wheel thingy in that cave in the Orchid. He knew he'd screw everything up for John and the gang and have a chance at returning.
Wonder if the flashes occur every 108 minutes to coincide with Desmond pushing the button in the hatch?

Groundbeef
01-22-2009, 07:49 AM
I think Ben knew what he was doing when turned that weird Time Warp wheel thingy in that cave in the Orchid. He knew he'd screw everything up for John and the gang and have a chance at returning.
Wonder if the flashes occur every 108 minutes to coincide with Desmond pushing the button in the hatch?

I don't think the time thing is every 108 minutes. Remember the anology that Danial used, the skipping record?

I think that the skips are going to come faster and faster. And if the 6 don't get back before the final "skip", everything will collapse onto itself. (Here is my whacky time travel theory).

The entire LOST "universe" is in the past. If Ben can't get the 6 back to the correct "when" in time, then Ben(and Dharma) will have in fact ALTERED THE PAST. And if that happens, the time-space continuim will be changed.

And as Danial pointed out, time is like a string, They can go forward, and backward, but not change what happens. I think that by the 6 leaving, they have in effect-changed the string. And bad things are going to happen if they don't get back.

topspeed
01-22-2009, 09:17 AM
I thought Faraday's analogy with the string was brilliant. What a succinct way to describe the space time continuum.

I always judge the quality of entertainment by it's ability to squeeze time. In other words, if at the end of the show I look up at the clock and am amazed two hours have flown by, I know how good it was. For this premiere, 11pm came damn quick!

Some observations:
1) Jun wants Ben dead, does she blame him for Jin's death?
2) When Richard tells Locke he's going to have to get the 6 back by dying, why would Locke's death compel them to go back? Also, why store his body in a meat locker?
3) Is the Aussie redhead (Charlotte?) going bananas like the guy in the infirmary on the freighter? She's got a bloody nose and baaad headache. What's next for her?
4) Why is Desmond special? What gives him the ability to time travel, possibly without the aid of the island?

Kam
01-22-2009, 09:54 AM
ok! whew! i'm up to speed now. WOW.

i love lost. :)

so anyone now who does the whole 'they didn't know what they were doing' dealio with the writers can suck it, given that Ben sequence at the plane and the unexplained reason he lost the use of his legs waaay back when the first time he came there with boone. that's some darntootin' far ahead story planning right there. :)

the old lady at the end with ben = the old lady that was at the shop that desmond went to in his time-jump episode. right?

neil (he was the dude from the aaron burr got milk commercial) where the flock did he come from? he wasn't on that raft from before, was he one of the freighter peoples? something's up there. seems strange to have him stick out so obviously.

when Cheech sits down to watch the tv, Expose is on... wasn't that the show Nikki was on?

Could the "Voices" be the lost echoes of people travelling through the same space as the island has been time-jumping? so the voices they're hearing are actually their OWN voices from another time?

i love the way Desmond says "Brother"

Kam
01-22-2009, 09:57 AM
I thought Faraday's analogy with the string was brilliant. What a succinct way to describe the space time continuum.
4) Why is Desmond special? What gives him the ability to time travel, possibly without the aid of the island?

i think because he was at the source when he turned the key. and was able to time-jump within himself, i think he's one of a kind, as farraday said, in that he alone is NOT apart of the space-time continuum. he can jump around and change things where no one else can. or at least delay or move things around, ala the delaying Charlie's death sequence. He can at least alter things in that had charlie died before, then that whole sequence in the underwater (hyrda?) station would have played out completely differently.

also... wasn't that Sun (or at least the same actress) in the opening with Dr. Sometimes-With-One-Arm? And an adorably cute baby? didn't they say babies couldnt be born on the island?

ForeverAutumn
01-22-2009, 10:29 AM
1) Jun wants Ben dead, does she blame him for Jin's death?

You mean Sun. I think that she wants Widmore dead and is using the "I want Ben dead" story to get close to him and gain his trust so that she can somehow get even with him. We don't know the full conversation on the boat with Penny, but they all seemed to be convinced that Widmore was a bad guy. Hurley asks Penny if she can stop her father (I'm paraphrasing) and she said that there's no stopping him.

I love the woman that the island experience turned Sun into. That scene from last season where she sticks it to her Dad is priceless. She's got power and is hungry for revenge and I love it!

ForeverAutumn
01-22-2009, 10:31 AM
when Cheech sits down to watch the tv, Expose is on... wasn't that the show Nikki was on?

Could the "Voices" be the lost echoes of people travelling through the same space as the island has been time-jumping? so the voices they're hearing are actually their OWN voices from another time?

i love the way Desmond says "Brother"

Yes, Expose is the show that Nikki was on. Interesting theory about the voices.

Kam
01-22-2009, 10:45 AM
You mean Sun. I think that she wants Widmore dead and is using the "I want Ben dead" story to get close to him and gain his trust so that she can somehow get even with him. We don't know the full conversation on the boat with Penny, but they all seemed to be convinced that Widmore was a bad guy. Hurley asks Penny if she can stop her father (I'm paraphrasing) and she said that there's no stopping him.

I love the woman that the island experience turned Sun into. That scene from last season where she sticks it to her Dad is priceless. She's got power and is hungry for revenge and I love it!

Sun, i think, has had the furthest character arc by FAR. compare her now to the way she was in season 1 and wow... she's really come a long way. i guess seeing the love of your life blown up on a freighter of men sent to kill you after several months on a mysterious time-travelling island can do that to you....

Sugar Beats
01-22-2009, 02:25 PM

I def. agree with you on this FA. I think that's exactly what Sun would like, to see Widmore dead and buried.

I also concur re: Sun and the woman she's become! I'm competely interested to see what she's going to do next!

Rich-n-Texas
01-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Psych!!!

:D

kexodusc
01-23-2009, 05:13 AM
Sun, i think, has had the furthest character arc by FAR. compare her now to the way she was in season 1 and wow... she's really come a long way. i guess seeing the love of your life blown up on a freighter of men sent to kill you after several months on a mysterious time-travelling island can do that to you....
Come to think of it...yeah...from young-love, to cheating on Jin, to leaving him, to going back to him, etc, etc..

Gotta say Kate has made a similar transition too, though - from hot, bad ass fugitive, to hot, single-motherly figure...she's still tough, and Sun probably still would avoid the hands-on confrontations but these characters have progressed...

I miss Charlie.

Worf101
01-26-2009, 07:36 AM
I hope you know ABC rebroadcast 3 hours of LOST on Sat. night? I DVR'd the whole thing cause I missed it all last Weds. night, what an eeediot. Finally got "caught up" last night. Wow... interesting season opener....

Some observations, some theories, some questions....

1. The 6 were not supposed to leave the Island because in doing so they have created a serious rift in the Space Time Continuum.

2. If they don't get back, time, as we know it will lurch, freeze, break loose, chit da bed. They run the risk of meeting themselves or some such other glitch in the prime directive of time travel.

3. Sun is going to kill Whidmore or die trying.

4. It was Ben's boys out to get Sayid and Hurley at the crib.

5. Sayid knows that Ben's been using him to kill off Whidmore's people by saying it was Whidmore that killed his wife, actually it was Ben. They were using tranqs because they need him to be alive for the "event". Sayid wants Ben so effin' dead.

6. The Event is the deelio where the Island "catches up" or intersect "current time". And if all the refugees and Ben meet there at the same time, the STC will be "set right".

7. Was the old lady Locke's mom? Farraday's mom? Ben called her Locke so I'm assuming she's Locke's mom? Did I get that wrong?

Da Worfster

ForeverAutumn
01-26-2009, 09:37 AM
4. It was Ben's boys out to get Sayid and Hurley at the crib.

This just triggered something for me. What if the "cops" that Hurley ran to to get away from Ben aren't cops at all and are Ben's men. Or...Widmore's men. :yikes:

Groundbeef
01-27-2009, 06:23 AM
This just triggered something for me. What if the "cops" that Hurley ran to to get away from Ben aren't cops at all and are Ben's men. Or...Widmore's men. :yikes:

Interesting thought FA. I'd have to say 100% NOT Ben's guys. But it could be Widmore's guys.

The reason I doubt it's Ben's guys, is that he told the old lady that he "lost" Hurley, and couldn't get him back in 70 hours. Ben's a snake, but he does know the rules. And I don't think he's fooling around trying to get all 6 to go back at the same time.

Mingus
01-27-2009, 06:55 AM
My brother-in-law gave me LOST, Season 4 in blu-ray for Xmas. The problem is I never saw Seasons 1 to 3. Will I have a difficult time understanding the story by starting out watching season 4.

ForeverAutumn
01-27-2009, 07:12 AM
My brother-in-law gave me LOST, Season 4 in blu-ray for Xmas. The problem is I never saw Seasons 1 to 3. Will I have a difficult time understanding the story by starting out watching season 4.

Yes, probably. The full storyline for this show is very complex and it really starts to get crazy in Season 4, especially. If you can, you should rent (or buy) seasons 1-3 and watch them first. Not only will you be better equipped to understand what's happening in Season 4, you will also be very entertained!

Kam
01-27-2009, 09:27 AM

Lost isn't so much of just a tv show as it is a mini(major)-series. season 1 is like a 23hour movie. with a few "stray" episodes here and there, it's a pretty seamless storyline all the way through the 4 seasons. and one heckuva fun ride!

i think all the episodes from season 1-4 are also available online at abc.com (which is the big issue with the impending sag strike going on)

ForeverAutumn
01-27-2009, 05:44 PM
I'm rewatching last week's episodes. After Richard removes the bullet from Locke's leg, and tells him that they next time they meet Richard won't recognize Locke, time shifts again. When it stops, Locke looks around to get his bearings. He looks for the plane and it's there. And...you can see Smokey floating around it!

kexodusc
01-28-2009, 06:02 AM
When it stops, Locke looks around to get his bearings. He looks for the plane and it's there. And...you can see Smokey floating around it!

We still don't really know what Ol' Smokey is exactly, some sort of weapon/defense system? A timeline enforcer?

I read one theory that basically suggested when people jump around in time and interfere with the past, the people of that time perceive them as Smokey, some form of monster, when really they're just changing the past. Interesting, dunno if it holds up cause why did it take on Eko?

That's one of the things I want answered before it's all over...that and the magic box...

Kam
01-28-2009, 09:35 AM
We still don't really know what Ol' Smokey is exactly, some sort of weapon/defense system? A timeline enforcer?

I read one theory that basically suggested when people jump around in time and interfere with the past, the people of that time perceive them as Smokey, some form of monster, when really they're just changing the past. Interesting, dunno if it holds up cause why did it take on Eko?

That's one of the things I want answered before it's all over...that and the magic box...

and the four-toed statue!!!!

i was watching evangeline yummy lilly on letterman last night. typical no-answer stuff, dave had a great moment talking about season one where everyone was thinking, oh wow, what a show, and all these mysteries surrounding the island and what's going on and what's been happening to them.... (brief pause) now it's five years later... and.... what do we know?
ahhh comedy. :) it's funny.... cuz it's true.

Kam
01-28-2009, 06:52 PM
"you're name is charles widmore?"

O
M
G
i love this show.

Worf101
01-29-2009, 06:05 AM
ANSWERS!!! WE GOT ANSWERS!!!!

1. We now know where Whidmore came from, his relation to the Island and why he's sooo effin hot to get back there. I thnk he and dark eyes were part of the original "others" probably part of the crew of the Black Galleon hence the British accents.

2.. Richard's been around since forever eh?

3. Whidmore, who's a punk assed biatch hates Ben cause Ben got the top spot HE coveted and somehow got him kicked off'n the Island. On that Island, you don't age and you don't die unless you're killed by violent action.

4. Desmond and Farraday seem able to slip in and out of time without the bad effects everyone else seem to catch.

5. Lesse who's been there. Ancient 4 toed peoples. Men from the Age of Sail. U.S. Army A-bomb men from the 50's. Russeau's lot. The Dharma initiative and the Losties. Not to mention the odd smuggler here or there. Busy place.

6. This show just cain't git no better.

Da Worfster

Groundbeef
01-29-2009, 06:43 AM
What an episode. As usual, the writing was spot on.

Locke: You need to tell me how to get off the island.

Richard: I can't tell you that.

Locke: You already told me that I have to leave to save the island.

Richard: Well, I don't want to contridict myself but...

And the exchange between Locke, and Richard was also good when Locke said "Jacob sent me"

ForeverAutumn
01-29-2009, 07:09 AM
"you're name is charles widmore?"

O
M
G
i love this show.

I KNOW! What a great moment! "I said, put the gun down Widmore" :eek6:

I think that the young woman that took Faraday to the bomb is Mrs. Hawkings.

And we now know what was wrapped up in all that concrete at the Swan Station. So was the button in the hatch releasing a build-up of hydrogen? When the hatch exploded, was that the bomb detonating?

Who is Charlotte's Constant going to be? Or, will she die?

Worf101
01-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Who is Charlotte's Constant going to be? Or, will she die?

Nope she must live because in the preview for next week I saw her huge forehead floating around behind Locke somewhere. Not since Sarah Michelle Geller has a woman who's supposed to be attractive given me so big a case of the creeps. You could land aircraft on that forehead.

Da Worfster

Worf101
01-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Since the Losties are now rewriting history, does Widmore remember meeting Locke and friends now? Like Desmond does?

Da Worfster

Groundbeef
01-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Since the Losties are now rewriting history, does Widmore remember meeting Locke and friends now? Like Desmond does?

Da Worfster

When has Widmore ever deny meeting/knowing any of them.

In fact, I think that Wimore remebers all of them. Remeber the warning he gave Desmond? Not to get mixed up in things that don't affect him?

Kam
01-29-2009, 08:04 AM

Da Worfster

i think so far, widmore hasn't met any of the Losties in 'normal' time. Widmore has had dealings only with Desmond and Sun so far. I can't remember, but i don't think widmore and locke have had any scenes together in seasons 1-4.

also, notice that giant "Namaste" painting in widmore's office. nice.

Kam
01-29-2009, 08:06 AM
doesn't old widmore have an australian accent? why does young widmore have a british one?

ForeverAutumn
01-29-2009, 08:26 AM
Nope she must live because in the preview for next week I saw her huge forehead floating around behind Locke somewhere. Not since Sarah Michelle Geller has a woman who's supposed to be attractive given me so big a case of the creeps. You could land aircraft on that forehead.

Da Worfster

LMAO!!!! :lol:

ForeverAutumn
01-29-2009, 08:27 AM
So here's a question that has never been raised IIRC...

There's lots of speculation and discussion about who Faraday's mother is, but who (and where) is Penny's mother?

Hmmmmmm?

Worf101
01-29-2009, 10:51 AM
So here's a question that has never been raised IIRC...

There's lots of speculation and discussion about who Faraday's mother is, but who (and where) is Penny's mother?

Hmmmmmm?
You have to had when to your question as well FA. Maybe her mom's that little gun totin' spitfire. Remember someone said she was "born" on the Island. Would make sense wouldn't it?

Da Worfster

Kam
01-29-2009, 11:31 AM
You have to had when to your question as well FA. Maybe her mom's that little gun totin' spitfire. Remember someone said she was "born" on the Island. Would make sense wouldn't it?

Da Worfster

i think that was faraday's girlfriend who said she was born on the island. we don't know much of anything about Penny other than she loves desmond and doesn't get along with daddy widmore and can be one determined young gal when it comes to finding someone.

another question is gonna be the 'coming across themselves' time paradox thingy. in the promo for upcoming episodes, they showed Locke and crew walking through the jungle and looking over at the bright white light shooting into the sky... which i was guessing was the light from the hatch that desmond turned on while locke was pounding on the outside of the door...

Kam
01-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Ok... so i'm gonna go back on my crazy off the wall prediction from a few seasons ago and change it.

RE: The Skeletons that jack found at the cave in season one when he was looking for his dad's coffin. previously i thought those would be Penny and Desmond's skeletons. Now i'm gonna say that those are Jack and Kate's skeletons.

And i'm gonna keep changing my prediction until i get it right in the end so i can say, see... i was right. :D

topspeed
01-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Maybe Whidmore is pissed at Ben because Ben killed all his cronies with the nerve gas? If that was the Dharma folks in the mass grave, what did they do to the Brits??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far we've got the Whidmore's Brits, then Dharma, then the Others, then the Losties, right?

I want to know who Jacob is. Maybe Jacob is Locke from a previous time, which is why he sold himself to "Help/Save me?" The voices they are hearing are actually residuals from people traveling in the same spot, just in a different time?

It's interesting that the previous seasons used flashbacks/forwards to give background to characters and this season, they are using time jumps instead with the characters able to interact and change the scenario. What a great way to keep the continuity of the storytelling intact.

ForeverAutumn
02-01-2009, 07:43 AM
From Sledgeweb's site. We all had our suspicions, but I didn't make all these connections....

Ever since last week when a time traveling Daniel Faraday told in-the-past Desmond to go find his mom, many have been speculating that his mother was the infamous Ms. Hawking. After all, they both share a love for chalkboards and math, so why not make the connection. Well, tonight we got some fairly solid proof that our suspicions were correct.

If you watched the repeat of 5x02 tonight, at the end when Ms. Hawking is shown, the popup message at the bottom of the screen identifies her as Eloise Hawking. This is the first time we've been given her first name.

So on tonight's episode a young 20-something girl captures Daniel and gang who we later find out are in 1954. The woman is referred to in the episode as Ellie. In another scene Daniel says to her "You look so much like..." and then he stops. He obviously recognized her. Our final clue that this young girl, Ellie, is not only Daniel's mom but also the temporal watcher Ms Hawking comes from remembering during last season when Daniel was doing the time experiments with the rats. His time traveling rat he gives the name of Eloise. I don't think you can shout any louder that this IS Daniel's mom.

ForeverAutumn
02-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Jin's alive. YIPPEEEEEEEE!

Groundbeef
02-05-2009, 03:22 AM
Jin's alive. YIPPEEEEEEEE!

Yes, but how does Ben know?

Worf101
02-05-2009, 07:45 AM
Good effin question... I'm pissed, more hunkage for FA and all I get is "Franny Forehead"... pheh... Slow episode last night but we at least see when Rouseau's crew showed up. She was preggers fore she go there and their ship went down like some others out there. Ben is the master mind f**ker in the history of modern television. What a devious chit. I want to rewind the episodes of Sayid kicking the livin' crap out of him....

I've never hated a character so much in my natural life...

Da Worfster

kexodusc
02-05-2009, 07:55 AM
So would it be safe to assume the sickness that affected all of Rousseau's colleagues was the temporal displacement nosebleed aneurysm flu that everyone's catching?

Awesome tie-in. Does anyone remember if Rousseau had any awkward moments with Jin back in the first few seasons?

Worf101
02-05-2009, 08:14 AM
So would it be safe to assume the sickness that affected all of Rousseau's colleagues was the temporal displacement nosebleed aneurysm flu that everyone's catching?

Awesome tie-in. Does anyone remember if Rousseau had any awkward moments with Jin back in the first few seasons?
Rousseau always seemed to be wandering around as if surrounded by snakes. She rarely, if ever, gave a straight answer about anything and always seemed to be staring at folks in wonderment that they didn't know her... curious.

As for the sickness... could be. Good question...

Da Worfster

ForeverAutumn
02-05-2009, 08:40 AM

That's what I was thinking as well. In addition to just a nosebleed, didn't the guy who was sick and eventually died on the freighter also go crazy?

Remember last season when we thought that the nosebleed was just caused by travelling back and forth to and from the island? Now we know that there's more to it. So, the freighter guy must have also been time travelling.

ForeverAutumn
02-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Rousseau always seemed to be wandering around as if surrounded by snakes. She rarely, if ever, gave a straight answer about anything and always seemed to be staring at folks in wonderment that they didn't know her... curious.

That's right. She always looked chronically confused. If she'd been jumping around time travelling on the island and met everyone before, but no one remembered her, then her confusion would certainly be justified.

Kam
02-05-2009, 08:49 AM

i'm trying to remember that too. but from worf's post, it did seem that rousseau was always walking around in a dream, constantly looking at people as if she remembered them from a 'dream'.

so could the current Losties time jumping be the same reason why Dr. Bright Eyes never seems to age? because before, when the Losties were all "grounded" in time (for lack of a better word) Dr. Bright Eyes was the time jumping one? but now that the balance of the island has been shifted (ala some of the original losties are now gone) that's causing the current Losties to time jump?

wait, thinking as i write, always a dangerous combo... we saw Dr. Bright Eyes visit Locke way back when Locke was a kid, BECAUSE Locke TOLD him to! Back in the 50s when Dr. Bright Eyes was in his own current time, Locke time jumped to him and said, go visit me. So then WE see Dr. Bright Eyes supposedly back in time, when in fact he was in his own current time... but then Dr. Bright Eyes MUST have jumped to look the same as he did in prior seasons while the Losties had crashed in 200?

So, another "THEORY"
When you crash on the island, you do NOT time jump as long as all the original people are all there, dead or alive, on the island. But if you mix and match and lose members, so that you ahve a different "set" of people then were originally there, you DO time jump?

Although there seems to be some of my favorite time paradoxes in employment here from the original Terminator. ala Locke telling Dr. Bright Eyes that he gave him the compass in the future, which would lead Dr. Bright Eyes to giving Locke the compass so that Locke would take it "back in time" to give to him.

Sugar Beats
02-05-2009, 09:16 AM

That's what I want to know! How the heck does Ben know that when he's been out trying to round up Jack, Kate, Hurley, etc.?

Groundbeef
02-05-2009, 09:28 AM
That's what I want to know! How the heck does Ben know that when he's been out trying to round up Jack, Kate, Hurley, etc.?

Unless in a different "When", Ben either met with Russo, or ran into Jin in a different "When".

If Jin was in a different "When", and met Ben, then by deduction, Ben would know that Jin didn't die on the boat.

Sugar Beats
02-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Do you guys think some of the time "jumping" is getting confusing?!

Good for the writers, hard to follow. I guess partly cuz I hate surprises! I love to know what's coming next.

GMichael
02-05-2009, 09:39 AM
i'm trying to remember that too. but from worf's post, it did seem that rousseau was always walking around in a dream, constantly looking at people as if she remembered them from a 'dream'.

so could the current Losties time jumping be the same reason why Dr. Bright Eyes never seems to age? because before, when the Losties were all "grounded" in time (for lack of a better word) Dr. Bright Eyes was the time jumping one? but now that the balance of the island has been shifted (ala some of the original losties are now gone) that's causing the current Losties to time jump?

wait, thinking as i write, always a dangerous combo... we saw Dr. Bright Eyes visit Locke way back when Locke was a kid, BECAUSE Locke TOLD him to! Back in the 50s when Dr. Bright Eyes was in his own current time, Locke time jumped to him and said, go visit me. So then WE see Dr. Bright Eyes supposedly back in time, when in fact he was in his own current time... but then Dr. Bright Eyes MUST have jumped to look the same as he did in prior seasons while the Losties had crashed in 200?

So, another "THEORY"
When you crash on the island, you do NOT time jump as long as all the original people are all there, dead or alive, on the island. But if you mix and match and lose members, so that you ahve a different "set" of people then were originally there, you DO time jump?

Although there seems to be some of my favorite time paradoxes in employment here from the original Terminator. ala Locke telling Dr. Bright Eyes that he gave him the compass in the future, which would lead Dr. Bright Eyes to giving Locke the compass so that Locke would take it "back in time" to give to him.

My head hurts now.:eek6:

Sugar Beats
02-05-2009, 09:45 AM
UGH! Why does Richard never age then? Why is every eles's noses bleeding and Richard looks perfect?

kexodusc
02-05-2009, 10:01 AM
I don't think "Time jumping" is required for the nosebleeds. Remember time passes differnetly on the island than the rest of the world, so even travelling could cause some side-effects. Also, there's a chance Faraday was messing around with the dead-freighter doctor by some weird experiments.

We had some company over last night and I was partially distracted....Where did you guys learn that Ben knows Jin is alive?

Kam
02-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Unless in a different "When", Ben either met with Russo, or ran into Jin in a different "When".

If Jin was in a different "When", and met Ben, then by deduction, Ben would know that Jin didn't die on the boat.

i think that's it. with ben's connection to jacob/the island, i think he knows who has showed up "when" on the island. and knowing that Jin has now popped up in the "past" would mean he survived the frieghter explosion. but.... that begs another question (dammmmit). the helicopter was on the way BACK from the freighter TOWARDS the island, and was not included in the "time shift/island moving" event. how did Jin get included in it?

Kam
02-05-2009, 10:05 AM
I don't think "Time jumping" is required for the nosebleeds. Remember time passes differnetly on the island than the rest of the world, so even travelling could cause some side-effects. Also, there's a chance Faraday was messing around with the dead-freighter doctor by some weird experiments.

We had some company over last night and I was partially distracted....Where did you guys learn that Ben knows Jin is alive?

trailer for next week. Sun has a gun at Ben and is about to kill him, when Ben says, "Jin's alive, and i can prove it."

kexodusc
02-05-2009, 10:09 AM
UGH! Why does Richard never age then? Why is every eles's noses bleeding and Richard looks perfect?
My guess is there's some sort of fountain of youth effect involved for Richard. He just doesn't age. Maybe he's timeless or, immune to time or something.

Actually, I get the sense that everyone on the island, Others, Dharma Initiaive, etc...most were brought to the island. Very few were born on the island. Richard seems to be the elder in the 1950's camp, and maybe he was born on the island. He might be one of the only original inhabitants. But even he answers to Jacob.

Kam
02-05-2009, 10:09 AM
btw... not that i'm sitting here all smug thinking "i told you so" but way back in the season 2 thread.... i do believe i said "I think the whole thing has to do with time travel" after the episode that ended with Hurley saying to sayeed (after they heard that old music that the radio picked up) when sayeed asked, 'where are we" and hurley said, "dont you mean, WHEN are we?..... "

ForeverAutumn
02-05-2009, 10:15 AM
but.... that begs another question (dammmmit). the helicopter was on the way BACK from the freighter TOWARDS the island, and was not included in the "time shift/island moving" event. how did Jin get included in it?

I was wondering that myself. I have two theories.

1. The island's parameter for time shifting expands out and not up. So it would include anything on the water (Faraday's raft, Jin) but not in the air (helicopter).

2. Like Michael, the island is not yet ready to let Jin go. So the explosion throws him so far out that the impact on the water should have killed him. But the island won't let him die.

Of course, a combination of both theories is also a possibility. The parameter reaches outwards and the Island won't let Jin die.

ForeverAutumn
02-05-2009, 10:18 AM
btw... not that i'm sitting here all smug thinking "i told you so" but way back in the season 2 thread.... i do believe i said "I think the whole thing has to do with time travel" after the episode that ended with Hurley saying to sayeed (after they heard that old music that the radio picked up) when sayeed asked, 'where are we" and hurley said, "dont you mean, WHEN are we?..... "

Oh man, I'd forgotten all about that scene. You're bloody brilliant Kam!

I think I need to go back and rewatch S1. I'd also like to review the circumstances around Aaron's birth and Locke seeing the light come up from the hatch.

kexodusc
02-05-2009, 10:46 AM
I think there was also a period of a few minutes after the boat blew up and the time the island disappeared. They had some fuel left, and Sun was screaming crazy, and then Jack said to take them back to the island...They were hovering around looking for bodies in the wreckage for a bit.
It's possible Jin's body got thrown back into the radius and floated back to the island just in time to get sucked in by the Island's disappearing act?

Kam
02-05-2009, 10:56 AM
i was perusing the season 2 thread to find my prediction, gotta go back in detail, but i did find this other gem of mine:

"I think rousseau and alex are gonna figure back into things"

hahaha.

that season 2 thread is a fun read. we actually all did get a few predictions right! quite a few wrong through... quite. a. few.

GMichael
02-05-2009, 11:08 AM
If you throw in enough predictions, a few are bound to be right.

ForeverAutumn
02-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey Kam, wanna do me a favour? Can you post the links to the previous season's threads so that I don't have to search for them later? I'm very lazy you know. I'd like to go back and review them. I'll bet its a fun read!

GMichael
02-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Hey Kam, wanna do me a favour? Can you post the links to the previous season's threads so that I don't have to search for them later? I'm very lazy you know. I'd like to go back and review them. I'll bet its a fun read!

Or better yet, just post, "bump" in each of them.

kexodusc
02-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Or we can play a game, guys.

Every time this season a Lostie goes back in time, post the Lostie's name(s) in the thread that corresponds to the correct season. First one to do it gets a point. I'll tally up the points at the end of the season...Winner gets...uhh....hmmm....Bragging rights for being the biggest ar.com Lost fan.

Kam
02-05-2009, 12:29 PM
If you throw in enough predictions, a few are bound to be right.

blasphemy!!! don't make me go all nostradamus on you now! :p

ForeverAutumn
02-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Hey, no-one mentioned the canoes that the Losties found on the island along with the water bottle from Ajari Airways. How the hell did water from another airline get on the island? And who was in the boat behind the Losties, shooting at them?

It would appear that Ajira Airways is going to play a much larger part in the story. Otherwise, why would ABC go to the trouble of setting up a web site for them...

http://www.ajiraairways.com/

kexodusc
02-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Hmmm, I just naturally assumed they had leaped into the future because the camp looked depleted and abandoned for some time...
Possibly Sun's Dad has something to do with it? Or maybe that Hanso Corp/Dharma dudes?

GMichael
02-06-2009, 12:21 PM
blasphemy!!! don't make me go all nostradamus on you now! :p
Oh no! Don't do that. I'm very sorry sir. Please forgive me.

I'll wax your car?

kexodusc
02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Watched last week's show without interruption...anyone else notice what noise was coming out of Rousseau's boat-mates walkie-talkie???
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42!!!

Kam
02-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Watched last week's show without interruption...anyone else notice what noise was coming out of Rousseau's boat-mates walkie-talkie???
4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42!!!

holy crapola i missed that! i wonder if that was the guy from hurley's insane asylum saying the numbers....

kexodusc
02-11-2009, 05:00 AM
holy crapola i missed that! i wonder if that was the guy from hurley's insane asylum saying the numbers....
That's what I was wondering...either that, or we're gonna run into him in one of the time-flashes.

I don't think those numbers are just a weird computer code and I'm guessing the real purpose of some of those Dharma stations and experiments will be revealed.

BTW, anyone else notice how Lost has now completely embraced its Sci-Finess in all its glory? For the first few years it was more drama/mystery weirdness. Now it's not even shy to shout it out loud to the world.

Hard to believe there's only a season and change left. :shocked:

ForeverAutumn
02-11-2009, 06:25 AM
BTW, anyone else notice how Lost has now completely embraced its Sci-Finess in all its glory? For the first few years it was more drama/mystery weirdness. Now it's not even shy to shout it out loud to the world.

Yeah, I've been starting to notice that. When the Space channel starting airing it in rerurns, that was a bit of a hint too.

I was thinking about how Lost started and how far the story has come. What the hell happened to the children?! Remember how, in S1, The Others taking the kids was such a big deal and then there was all the hubbub around them stealing Walt and testing him because he's "special". Well, where are the kids now? There's been no mention of them for a long time. What was all that about? Was it simply to provide childless couples with families and lost children with parents? Or is there more to it?

It almost feels like the show was going in one direction but somewhere along the way took an abrupt turn to another direction. I hope that this is all going to tie back in at some point because, right now, it doesn't feel like it possibly can.

Is anyone else feeling that way?

kexodusc
02-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Yeah, I've been starting to notice that. When the Space channel starting airing it in rerurns, that was a bit of a hint too.

I was thinking about how Lost started and how far the story has come. What the hell happened to the children?! Remember how, in S1, The Others taking the kids was such a big deal and then there was all the hubbub around them stealing Walt and testing him because he's "special". Well, where are the kids now? There's been no mention of them for a long time. What was all that about? Was it simply to provide childless couples with families and lost children with parents? Or is there more to it?

It almost feels like the show was going in one direction but somewhere along the way took an abrupt turn to another direction. I hope that this is all going to tie back in at some point because, right now, it doesn't feel like it possibly can.

Is anyone else feeling that way?
No, not at all for me.

It's becoming more apparent to me that the story being told was more calculated and complete than I ever could have hoped. I think S1 DVD's had a feature where one of the producers mentions they had the story for 5-6 seasons already worked out and knew what the end would be, but they weren't sure how long they would have to tell the story (ie, how many seasons the show would run). I think what you noticed can be attributed to the way the show was delivered. Each week we saw it delivering bits and pieces at a time to the audience in the same sort of way clues and events would have been revealed to the the 815 survivors.

And like the 815 survivors, what we thought was going on back in S1 and S2 was only a small part of a much bigger plot that's still developing. What we thought was one direction was really the wrong way from the beginning. But the Losties had to learn that. And they couldn't tell the audience that without giving away secrets too early. Soon it became clear this was about way more than surviving on an island trying to get home. The losties got caught in a very complicated mess of things.

I dunno what to say about the kids except that there's still the Others camp with Richard and I suspect that's where they are - I have no doubt that will be addressed at some point...all sorts of loose threads are getting tidied up over time. I think the frustrating part of the unanswered questions is also the most appealing part of the show, and kudos to the writers for not wrapping things up for the sake of appeasement. Instead they're revealing information when the time is right in the storytellling.

Edit: I should add, one of the neat things about Lost as a Sci-Fi show is that it really has a lot more elements from other genres than most Sci-Fi shows I can think of. The use of comedy, mystery, drama, the characters and each one's personal journey, etc. It's about characters and some very real themes about life as much as Sci-Fi, and you don't get that in a lot of other sci-fi programs.

ForeverAutumn
02-11-2009, 07:48 AM
What you say makes sense. And I suspect that you're right about the kids being addressed at some point. It was way to big a part of the story for it to go unanswered. The viewers would never let the producers get away with that.

As I'm typing this an interesting theory has entered my mind. What if Charlotte is one of those kids from the 815 crash and what we're seeing is a Future Charlotte going back to the island?

Didn't Charlotte say something about being born on the island? The kids from 815 were pretty young and their experience would have been traumatic enough that their subconscious could block it from their memory. Add to that nice new parents who raise you and tell you that you were born to them. Hmmmmmm.

Maybe it's not Charlotte, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out that we've already met those kids in another time.

Kam
02-11-2009, 07:50 AM
great point kex.

i agree and love how they're telling the story. i like how it took the 3rd (right?) season to even find out what made the plane crash. i'm guessing all the interim questions will be answered but the big ones, the numbers, walt, miss clue, jacob, etc. will be saved for last. so the first questions we all had will be the last ones answered.

and it's probably the least 'sci-fi-y' scifi show out there. i'd classify it as a drama first and scifi second.

now i'm trying to go back in the old season threads to see where we found what the "voices" were whispering when they appeared around shannon's death and other times. i'm wondering if we'll now be hearing that dialogue said by the Losties in their time jumping to those same times.

in the Claire babybirth scene, when it originally aired, was there any of the Voices occuring then?

Kam
02-11-2009, 07:53 AM
side note, saw Taken over the weekend... and our little shannon was all grows up! all grows up in the movies now!

ForeverAutumn
02-11-2009, 08:08 AM
now i'm trying to go back in the old season threads to see where we found what the "voices" were whispering when they appeared around shannon's death and other times. i'm wondering if we'll now be hearing that dialogue said by the Losties in their time jumping to those same times.

in the Claire babybirth scene, when it originally aired, was there any of the Voices occuring then?

You just blew my mind...again! Very good question about the voices. There used to be a web site that had transcripts of all the voices (and I seem to recall that some were in latin). It shut down after S2, I think. But I think the archives are still there. I'll have to see if I can find it when I have time to search. If I do, I'll post the link here.

Here's something that a friend of mine emailed me. I think that she got it from a blog:

WHAT YEAR SHOULD IT BE ON THE ISLAND, AND WHAT YEAR IS IT OFF THE ISLAND?
A relatively easy pair of questions to answer, but we find ourselves re-asking them as we struggle to stay afloat in the deluge of new chronological twists and turns. The Left Behinders vanished in January 2005. That was the same month and date that the Oceanic 6 left the Island. Since then, more than three years have passed for the Oceanic 6 — but only a couple days (maybe more, maybe less) have elapsed for the Left Behinders, in terms of time spent time traveling.

kexodusc
02-11-2009, 08:12 AM
What you say makes sense. And I suspect that you're right about the kids being addressed at some point. It was way to big a part of the story for it to go unanswered. The viewers would never let the producers get away with that.
Hmm maybe. To be honest, I never really thougth about the kids until you brought it up, just wasn't a big deal to me. But for a long time I was wondering whatever the hell happened to Michael and Walt, for what? a few seasons? so I'm optimistic this will get wrapped up.

As I'm typing this an interesting theory has entered my mind. What if Charlotte is one of those kids from the 815 crash and what we're seeing is a Future Charlotte going back to the island? Holy crap...you might be on to something here...

Wonder what happens if a Lostie runs into himself during the time flashes?

Kam
02-11-2009, 09:01 AM
Hmm maybe. To be honest, I never really thougth about the kids until you brought it up, just wasn't a big deal to me. But for a long time I was wondering whatever the hell happened to Michael and Walt, for what? a few seasons? so I'm optimistic this will get wrapped up.

Holy crap...you might be on to something here...

Wonder what happens if a Lostie runs into himself during the time flashes?

i'm guessing they don't want to find out. which is why Locke led them way out of the way when he saw that beam of light in the sky, because he knew he would find himself.

And Faraday's comment about not being able to change the past will come in to play too. Makes me want to find that episode where Desmond kept preventing charlie's death. has a strange feel of not being able to change the future either? and the shows themes of "destiny/fate"

Kam
02-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Season 3 thread. Post #39:

"no, didnt mean that they're back in time, but that something with time is going on. yes, the time they've spent on the island has been 69 consecutive days, but i dont think they landed there in 2004. i think there's some time issue and they might be in 3004 for all we know, but definitely not in the same time on that island as we have "out here".

I think the 'incidents' are breaches in "whenever" they are back to our time in 2004 and that's what Desmond's Sugarmomma has those guys in antarctica looking for, any sign of another incident to help pinpoint not just where they are, but WHEN they are. she's spent millions or billions searching for desmond for the past 3 years from 2001-2004 and cant find him, because he's not there. very bermuda-triangle like. so whenever an incident happens on the island and threatens to unravel their entire existence, it sucks in something from our world and pulls it into the island ala Locke's comment way back when. "the island brought us here."

then we have the supernatural issues going on ala Walt showing up all watery and Ms. Clue(??) and the voices all of which has kinda taken a backseat since Walt has taken off to where (or when)ever.

i know i know... its one of the more hokey one of my theories, but i'm stickin' with it!!

and on a side note, if Benry doesn't get an Emmy for his work, that's just ludicrous. he is un-freakin-believably good!!!"

and check out FA's Groundhog Day theory on the same page (Page 2). SNAP! We were all on to something early on there.

ForeverAutumn
02-11-2009, 10:37 AM
and check out FA's Groundhog Day theory on the same page (Page 2). SNAP! We were all on to something early on there.

I don't remember writing that, but it's a good theory. I've impressed myself.

Here's another litle gem from that same post:

Have we all become so jaded by this show that we just accept, without questioning, that Benry knew where the two pieces of the plane would land and that there would be survivors???

Well, I think that maybe we can now assume that Benry did know that. I think that Ben knows the past and the future of the island and the Losties and that he is instrumental in making sure that whatever needs to happen, happens. He's the keeper of the future. And in being the keeper of the future, maybe he really is the good guy!

And, here's an observation that I read elsewhere: The island itself is not time travelling, only the occupants of the island are. If the island were actually time travelling, the beach and all of it's possessions would stay the same. Faraday's knapsack doesn't disappear when they change time, so why would the beach disappear? If the dinghy that Faraday and Frogurt were on can travel with the island why can't the tents and food and all the other stuff? So the island is not the one moving. It is just our Losties. The island did disappear, and it may or may not be related to time travel. But they are not one and the same incident.

Chew on that for a while.

Kam
02-11-2009, 10:46 AM
I don't remember writing that, but it's a good theory. I've impressed myself.

Here's another litle gem from that same post:

Well, I think that maybe we can now assume that Benry did know that. I think that Ben knows the past and the future of the island and the Losties and that he is instrumental in making sure that whatever needs to happen, happens. He's the keeper of the future. And in being the keeper of the future, maybe he really is the good guy!

And, here's an observation that I read elsewhere: The island itself is not time travelling, only the occupants of the island are. If the island were actually time travelling, the beach and all of it's possessions would stay the same. Faraday's knapsack doesn't disappear when they change time, so why would the beach disappear? If the dinghy that Faraday and Frogurt were on can travel with the island why can't the tents and food and all the other stuff? So the island is not the one moving. It is just our Losties. The island did disappear, and it may or may not be related to time travel. But they are not one and the same incident.

Chew on that for a while.

ya know i was just thinking about that first part too. when Ben was showing Jack the boston sox world series tape and he had that folder of info with all Jack's information in it, that wasn't a recent folder. it looked quite dated, many years old actually. i think Ben may be from extremely far into the future so that everything that has happened he already knows about.

ok... knew though. Ben, Faraday's Mom, Jacob, maybe a few others... are all from extremely far into the future. What they are doing, is making sure the past doesn't change. So FA (and Worfster from that thread too) could be right with Ben really being the best of all goodguys. He's doing all the seemingly bad things neccessary, all the down and dirty work, to make sure the past stays the way it is "supposed to" to ensure the future doesn't get ruined.

and on the island time travelling point, you're right. our Floating Losties are the ones disjoined from time, but the island has just moved with that event. I think the moving of the island also triggered what's going on with our Floating Losties, because when the Island "moved" it took everything in its time warp whatever with it, but since the Floating Losties are now not a complete set, they didn't stay 'anchored' with the island, but are jumping around in time. (maybe? what? i confuzzled myself?)

ForeverAutumn
02-11-2009, 12:02 PM
There used to be a web site that had transcripts of all the voices (and I seem to recall that some were in latin). It shut down after S2, I think. But I think the archives are still there. I'll have to see if I can find it when I have time to search. If I do, I'll post the link here.

This isn't the site that I was refering to, but here are some transcripts and MP3s of The Whispers (http://lostwhispering.blogspot.com/).

Kam
02-11-2009, 12:17 PM
mini thread jack: (given my signature quote) just rode the subway with Bruce Campbell. :D

i didn't make any S-Mart comments, though i should have. :( haha.

kexodusc
02-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Bruce Campbell? The Evil Dead dude? Awesome.

Kam
02-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Bruce Campbell? The Evil Dead dude? Awesome.

yep! the one and only! some chick was occupying his time asking him stupid stuff. so i didn't get a chance to occupy his time and ask him my stupid stuff. he seemed very nice though.

kexodusc
02-12-2009, 11:45 AM
The jerk in me wonders, do washed-up 2nd rate Hollywood hacks spend their time riding the subway because they're looking for attention from esoteric movie buffs, or did the bank just repo their '94 BMW?
(that wasn't very nice, I kid of course).

ForeverAutumn
02-12-2009, 01:04 PM
What are you guys doing rambling about Bruce Campbell (not that your brush with celebrity isn't very cool, Kam). You do know that it's THURSDAY, right?

Can we discuss Lost please?!

Jin recognizing Danielle? Smokey? Charlotte's (I was sure that she was the Jughead reference two weeks ago) demise? Locke's trip down the rabbit hole? And most shocking to me, was Christian giving locke **** because he told Locke to move the island, not Ben. What are the ramifications of Ben doing the deed instead of Locke? And why did Ben do it? He must have known that it was supposed to be Locke. And did you see the look on Ben's face when Des showed up and said, "oh, you're looking for Daniel's mother too?". Was that look of surprise because Hawking is Daniel's mother or because Desmond knew it?

Groundbeef
02-12-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure about what I saw.

But it was interesting to note that Smokey did appear to have affected Russo's little group.

Curious to see how that shakes out.

And it was nice to see Jin pop up with Sawyer.

Kam
02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
What are you guys doing rambling about Bruce Campbell (not that your brush with celebrity isn't very cool, Kam). You do know that it's THURSDAY, right?

Jin recognizing Danielle? Smokey? Charlotte's (I was sure that she was the Jughead reference two weeks ago) demise? Locke's trip down the rabbit hole? And most shocking to me, was Christian giving locke **** because he told Locke to move the island, not Ben. What are the ramifications of Ben doing the deed instead of Locke? And why did Ben do it? He must have known that it was supposed to be Locke. And did you see the look on Ben's face when Des showed up and said, "oh, you're looking for Daniel's mother too?". Was that look of surprise because Hawking is Daniel's mother or because Desmond knew it?

ohhh yes. back to lost :p

the Smokey scenes were really interesting. especially after, with Ronald saying how it was just protecting the temple. From the map, wasn't that where it was the label of cerebrus and (i thought) a mention to the gates of hell (greekwise?)? or was the name cerebrus the only reference to hell there?

i wonder what the smokey disease is? i thought she was just going crazy, but then when ronald pulled the gun on her to shoot her, it's obvious there that she was right. the ones that went down into the temple (hades?) did come out 'infected' by something.

also... i didn't notice this the first time when Ben did it, but this time, when Locke came to the wheel... i got the distinct impression that it looked like a big, massive, wheel to a ship (forget the nautical term for a ship's steering wheel), but did anyone else think it looked like that?

ForeverAutumn
02-12-2009, 02:04 PM
I didn't really think about what the wheel looks like. But I did notice that it wasn't frozen. No ice, you couldn't see Locke's breath and he was just in a t-shirt and didn't seem cold.

kexodusc
02-12-2009, 03:14 PM
I thought it looked like giant pirate ship wheel too.

On FA's point about Locke being the one who should have moved the island - ugh, didn't Ben go on and on about how Jacob wanted him to do it cause he knew the ramifications would be that Ben could never return?

kexodusc
02-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Hey, what was that temple thingy that ol' Smokey was living under?

That place must be ancient.

topspeed
02-12-2009, 03:57 PM
"He's speaking Korean. I'm from Encino." :lol::lol::lol:

Oh man, that was priceless!

Lemme get this straight, Christian is Jacob? He said he told him in the cabin, so is that the same cabin where Locke heard "Help me?"

ForeverAutumn
02-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Hey, what was that temple thingy that ol' Smokey was living under?

That place must be ancient.

The Temple has been mentioned in the past. When The Others had to vacate Othersville in S4, Ben told them to go to The Temple.

ForeverAutumn
02-12-2009, 05:03 PM
"He's speaking Korean. I'm from Encino." :lol::lol::lol:

Oh man, that was priceless!

Lemme get this straight, Christian is Jacob? He said he told him in the cabin, so is that the same cabin where Locke heard "Help me?"

Yes, I think so. We saw Christian in the Cabin twice that I can remember. Once he was just a brief shadow that you could only see was Christian in the screen caps that showed up on the internet the next day. And the second time was with Claire, after she abandoned Aaron.

Kam
02-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Yes, I think so. We saw Christian in the Cabin twice that I can remember. Once he was just a brief shadow that you could only see was Christian in the screen caps that showed up on the internet the next day. And the second time was with Claire, after she abandoned Aaron.

the very first time we saw Jacob, that shadowy outline, that was later confirmed as Christian? (interesting name choices too).

For some reason i was thinking that Jacob and Christian were separate, and Jacob was another figure the first few times we saw him. Or even that Christian was Jacob's sub-henchman/ visible spokesperson, and the real Jacob, we still haven't seen yet.

kexodusc
02-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Yeah - on that Jacob bit - isn't it a bit weird that Jack had to bring Christian's body to the island in a coffin, not unlike Locke's maybe?

Am I reading too much into that? Almost like Christian had to die, knowing if he died that Jack would get on flight 815 and he would get to the island...

GMichael
02-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Danielle was cute when she was younger.

kexodusc
02-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Danielle was cute when she was younger.
What? Not attracted to the grizzled-paranoid-schizo-middle-aged-battle-ax look?

Kam
02-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Yeah - on that Jacob bit - isn't it a bit weird that Jack had to bring Christian's body to the island in a coffin, not unlike Locke's maybe?

Am I reading too much into that? Almost like Christian had to die, knowing if he died that Jack would get on flight 815 and he would get to the island...

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! chills!

that would be badassery! could you see a flashback where Ben is talking to Christian and telling him, you've got to leave the island and bring Jack here. and Christian asking how and Ben saying, well you'll have to die to bring him back. And Christian perhaps being in that bar to bring Sawyer in and... waaaaait one second....

Is Christian the link with all our Losties? Could he have been sent out from the island to bring all these people to the island in the first place?

GMichael
02-13-2009, 08:57 AM

Not so much. But I do miss her as Delenn.

Kam
02-13-2009, 08:57 AM

aka: the "Sarah Conner from T2 Style"

GMichael
02-13-2009, 09:05 AM
aka: the "Sarah Conner from T2 Style"

I'd take her. She looked like she'd have been a great...... Oh wait... LOST right?

I enjoyed the last episode, but I still feel lost.

ForeverAutumn
02-13-2009, 09:34 AM

Oh, that's spooky. I like it!

Kam, Re: Jacob. I think that you're right. The first shadowy time that we saw him, I think that he looked like a bearded old man. That was through Ben's eyes. But I think that when we saw him through Hurley, Locke and Claire's eyes he was Christian. I'd have to go back to Sledgeweb's site and check the screen caps to be sure.

Sugar Beats
02-13-2009, 09:42 AM
"I'm here to help you the rest of the way" is what Christian said to Locke. What about the fact that both Christian & Locke have been in coffins? Jack was brining Christian home in a coffin; after the crash, it was empty. Now Locke is shown dead in a coffin and is being brought back to the island? Weird.

Also the name on Ben's van is an anagram for "Reincarnation."

There have been so many issues revolving around death and being brought back, also fertility issues, absentee father issues and some kids w/ only one parent or no parents. What's up w/ that?

Favorite moment for me was Sawyer and Jinn seeing each other again and hugging. That was a great reunion.

Also all the stuff Charlotte said to Daniel. Lot's of gems, tying up loose ends in that conversation!

Kam
02-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Also all the stuff Charlotte said to Daniel. Lot's of gems, tying up loose ends in that conversation!

what's great and so much fun with well written time travel, is that Charlotte's past will be Daniel's future. As he will now have some time jump into her past on the island and try and convince her as a little girl not to come back. too cool.

Worf101
02-13-2009, 10:18 AM

Is Charlottes mom... Farradays mom as well? She said her mum was Dharma, they left the Island, and she's been trying to get back. That crazy man might have been her brother telling her not to come back.

Da Worfster

Worf101
02-13-2009, 10:25 AM
That Danielle was HOT. Fool... you better recognize!!!!

Da Worfster

Worf101
02-13-2009, 10:30 AM
1. Smokey comes out of a hole in the ground.
2. Hole is busted corner of a pyramid type ruin.
3. Egyptian hyroglyphs on the side of the ruin.
4. Who taught Danielle to shoot like that?

Hmmmm...

Da Worfster

Kam
02-13-2009, 10:40 AM
1. Smokey comes out of a hole in the ground.
2. Hole is busted corner of a pyramid type ruin.
3. Egyptian hyroglyphs on the side of the ruin.
4. Who taught Danielle to shoot like that?

Hmmmm...

Da Worfster

1. we saw that before too, when locke almost got pulled down the hole by smokey but jack saved him, although that was (i thought) closer to the "? Station", which i dont know if it's close to where we saw smokey this time.
2. tewtelly missed that it was a pyramid shape.
3. tewtelly missed the hyroglyphs.
4. given her 3 for 3 kill count, apparently not the french army. HEYOH! Thank you. thank you very much. I'm here all week.

ForeverAutumn
02-13-2009, 10:51 AM
what's great and so much fun with well written time travel, is that Charlotte's past will be Daniel's future. As he will now have some time jump into her past on the island and try and convince her as a little girl not to come back. too cool.

We know that Daniel's been on the island before. He was in the first episode of the season in a Dharma uniform when construction workers were trying to dig through the rock and the drill kept melting. Maybe that was when he told Charlotte not to come back. Maybe he's travelling in time circles.

Or maybe I am. :out:

Kam
02-13-2009, 11:14 AM
We know that Daniel's been on the island before. He was in the first episode of the season in a Dharma uniform when construction workers were trying to dig through the rock and the drill kept melting. Maybe that was when he told Charlotte not to come back. Maybe he's travelling in time circles.

Or maybe I am. :out:

oh yeah, i agree, he's been there in multiple time frames, even before this current group has been time-jumping around the island. But it certainly seemed like he had no idea what Charlotte was talking about, when she said that He was the one that told her, as a child, to not come back, as if he hadn't done it yet (in his own timeline). Which, i thought, would mean he would have some other time jump into the past where he would meet the young charlotte and try and convince her to stay off the island.

UNless i misread his reaction and it wasn't confusion about what charlotte had said, but confusion that the lil girl he had told that too way back when, grew up into THIS Charlotte who he had fallen in love with.

ForeverAutumn
02-18-2009, 11:23 AM
There's a theory out there that it was Hurley reciting the numbers on the walkie talkie in E5. Go to this site (http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2009/02/5x05-hugo-on-the-radio.php#more) and listen to the audio link. Tell me what you think.

kexodusc
02-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Could be Hurley, I couldn't make it out.

Kam
02-18-2009, 02:16 PM
There's a theory out there that it was Hurley reciting the numbers on the walkie talkie in E5. Go to this site (http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2009/02/5x05-hugo-on-the-radio.php#more) and listen to the audio link. Tell me what you think.

i agree with the comments on the site, that at 23,42, it does sound like Hurley. THere's too much static early and garbledness to tell, but when it clears up, sure does sound like him. i dont remember Hurley ever saying the numbers in that tone,the times the numbers have come up.. has Hurley ever even said the numbers outloud? have to go back and see that Numbers episode to see, but if he has, it was always out of exasperation, never in that defeated, dead monotone. we shall see........

Groundbeef
02-19-2009, 07:12 AM
For me, last night was a "slightly below average". I didn't really feel that it was nearly as well written, or executed as most other Lost episodes.

The whole plane aspect seemed rather contrived, and the fact that all 6 were there was pretty anti-climatic.

For me, the arrival of Hurley was the most difficult to belive. (Not that the show is built on reality, but some things are too far out for it to even be remotely feasible in the context).

Hurley was in jail for claiming that he had killed several people. And yet, within 36 hours he is at the airport, able to travel out of the country without restriction, and didn't appear to be any worse for the wear. I don't buy it. It's not like he was even flying under a fake name.

I liked the pilot angle though, that was pretty neat.

And, I'm not sure how Kate handled Aaronn. I told my wife that I don't think that she hurt him, but I am curious what she did with him.

Seeing Jin at the end was a nice touch. Although, it didn't appear as though he initially realized who they are. So I am wondering what "Jin" are they meeting. What "when" are they in.

So over all, I thought it was one of the weaker episodes. Hopefully it was just an anomaly.

Sugar Beats
02-19-2009, 07:21 AM
For me, last night was a "slightly below average". I didn't really feel that it was nearly as well written, or executed as most other Lost episodes.

The whole plane aspect seemed rather contrived, and the fact that all 6 were there was pretty anti-climatic.

For me, the arrival of Hurley was the most difficult to belive. (Not that the show is built on reality, but some things are too far out for it to even be remotely feasible in the context).

Hurley was in jail for claiming that he had killed several people. And yet, within 36 hours he is at the airport, able to travel out of the country without restriction, and didn't appear to be any worse for the wear. I don't buy it. It's not like he was even flying under a fake name.

I liked the pilot angle though, that was pretty neat.

And, I'm not sure how Kate handled Aaronn. I told my wife that I don't think that she hurt him, but I am curious what she did with him.

Seeing Jin at the end was a nice touch. Although, it didn't appear as though he initially realized who they are. So I am wondering what "Jin" are they meeting. What "when" are they in.

So over all, I thought it was one of the weaker episodes. Hopefully it was just an anomaly.

I'm inclined to agree w/ "Beefy" on this one. And it brought up (like when doesn't it?) a bunch of new questions for me... like:

Who beat up Ben?

Why did Hurley decide to come? Why does Hurley have a guitar case? Is it something to do with Charlie?

What's happening with Sayid?

Is Locke going to be a Christian Shephard type figure now?

Is Frank there, too?

Where's Aaron?

Why is Jin in a Dharma jump suit?

At what point in time are they on the island? It appears like they are during Dharma time?

?????

I hope next week's episode answers some of these right away!

kexodusc
02-19-2009, 07:45 AM
I think Charlie told Hurley to get on the plane. I liked last night's show a lot, I think Ben or Locke setup Sayid to get arrested to recreate the passenger-in custody bit required to simulate Flight 815's circumstances so they could get back to the island.
I also think Ben got into it with Penny, Desmond, and killed Penny to get back at Whidmore, hence the marks and blood...what did he say...he had to visit an old friend or take care of business or something? He promised Whidmore he'd kill his daughter. Or he got beat up by Sayid.

Cool....

Groundbeef
02-19-2009, 08:12 AM
I also think Ben got into it with Penny, Desmond, and killed Penny to get back at Whidmore, hence the marks and blood...what did he say...he had to visit an old friend or take care of business or something? He promised Whidmore he'd kill his daughter. Or he got beat up by Sayid.

Cool....

Hmmm. That is an interesting theory about killing Penny. Although didn't Desmond leave her in England? Because if Ben did mess with Penny, that would definatly cause Desmond to go back to the Island.

ForeverAutumn
02-19-2009, 08:28 AM
I think that Ben said that he had a "loose end to tie up". But I could be mistaken.

There is no way that any airline would let Hurley take that guitar case on board post 9/11. It would have had to be checked in as special handling luggage.

I think that we'll be provided with a reasonable explanation of how Hurley got there. Like I predicted in an earlier post, those may not have been real cops that Hurley ran to. And yes, we saw him in the orange jump suit, but it wouldn't suprise me to find that Ben had connections in the prison system as he seems to have connections everywhere else.

I loved last night's episode! Every segment had some sort of suprise element in it for me.

Where is Aaron?
How did Ben get all bloody?
Who is the woman with Sayid?
Who is the guy who expressed his condolences to Jack?
Why did Jack's Grandfather have Christian's shoes? Is he also part of this whole thing? Has he been on the island too? Is this Jack's destiny from birth?
How did Ben get Jin's ring from Locke?
Why is Jin in a Dharma suit?

Two things that I didn't like. Starting the show with Jack, Kate and Hurley on the island and then going to "36 hours earlier". That just seemed too contrived. They should have just started the show in Hawkings church. Although, I did like that the show started with Jack, in a suit, lying in the jungle and opening his eyes. For a while I was wondering if we were seeing a flashback to the S1 pilot.

I didn't like the way that they got on the island. The flash on the plane. It just seemed like a cop out ot me. That's the problem sometimes with Science Fiction...anything becomes possible and plausible. But maybe that will play into the storyline as it progresses and I'll change my mind.

Oh, and I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that Hurley bought 78 seats to protect people from what he thought was going to be another plane crash. :)

Sugar Beats
02-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Hmmm. That is an interesting theory about killing Penny. Although didn't Desmond leave her in England? Because if Ben did mess with Penny, that would definatly cause Desmond to go back to the Island.

Actually I don't think so. I watched some again (save them on the dvr) & I think Penny & their son arrived w/ Desmond via boat. I think she was there, in Los Angeles!

So it's entirely possible that Ben went and made good on his promise/threat to Widmore about killing his daugher!

Oh, I so hope not! I like Penny!!!

Also didn't anyone else get creeped out by the way Kate told Jack "to never ask about Aaron again?" And then Jack just says Okay?! The kid is his nephew for pete's sake!

ForeverAutumn
02-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Also didn't anyone else get creeped out by the way Kate told Jack "to never ask about Aaron again?" And then Jack just says Okay?! The kid is his nephew for pete's sake!

Kate's just a little off her rocker and looked pretty creepy herself. If I were Jack I'd agree not to ask too. Sometimes its better not to know.

Worf101
02-23-2009, 05:58 AM
Kate's just a little off her rocker and looked pretty creepy herself. If I were Jack I'd agree not to ask too. Sometimes its better not to know.
Come on FA. The quickest way to make a man stop asking questions is to... what she did. Didn't they teach that in Woman101?

Da Worfster

kexodusc
02-23-2009, 06:01 AM
There's a Woman 101? Damn, and here I've been trying to recreate the curriculum...

ForeverAutumn
02-23-2009, 06:51 AM
There's a Woman 101? Damn, and here I've been trying to recreate the curriculum...

The curriculum changes on a daily basis and at a moments notice. ;)

Groundbeef
02-23-2009, 07:01 AM
The curriculum changes on a daily basis and at a moments notice. ;)

And, of course, we men are expected to know of these changes without prompting, and ahead of time.

If we "pretend" not to know about the change, or what the changes are, we will be subject to long periods of silence, or outright hostility.

Kam
02-25-2009, 04:14 PM
which car accident in the past have we not had an answer too? i wonder if somehow Locke has been time jumping when he got back to the world as well. and that was Kate that crashed into the car that we saw in the preview. Kate when she was escaping with her love who died in the car crash as they ran from the cops. She wrecked into a car, how crazy would it be if Locke was in that car.

rambling trying to collect my thoughts before tonight's episode! just caught up last weeks episode.

ForeverAutumn
02-25-2009, 07:59 PM
What a great episode!

"Because there is a war coming, John." I think that was the most important line of the night. Who else thinks that our Losties are going to have to choose sides when the time comes and they aren't all going to make the same choice.

And Ben kills John! Last week, on the plane, Jack asks Ben, "did you know that Locke killed himself?" and Ben responds, "No". Well, I guess that he wasn't totally lying. :) But Ben saving Locke from suicide and then killing him? I didn't see that one coming.

Kam
02-25-2009, 08:11 PM
so i miss a few predictions......

i loved that episode too. what a great one in terms of going into Locke's psyche of his battle between savior and stooge. and for the first time i thought maybe Widmore isn't the badguy and Ben just might be the badguy. how great to keep twisting and turning and making you think one side is bad then good then bad then good then bad.....

kexodusc
02-26-2009, 04:55 AM
so i miss a few predictions......

i loved that episode too. what a great one in terms of going into Locke's psyche of his battle between savior and stooge. and for the first time i thought maybe Widmore isn't the badguy and Ben just might be the badguy. how great to keep twisting and turning and making you think one side is bad then good then bad then good then bad.....
I think it's clear they are both pretty bad, self-interests in mind. They both know some secret super stuff about the island.

Did Ben just keep Locke alive long enough to learn about Eloise Hawking?

He's in a bad spot now, injured with the Ajira air survivors and a pissed off Locke standing over him.

Wow, Michael Emerson is one of the best TV actors I've ever seen. That Ben character is just incredible - I'm sure even Emerson doesn't have an f'n clue whether Ben is good, bad, or what the hell is going on - and to pull off that character as well as he does is something else.

Interesting scene where Locke meets Widmore again. He was the former leader of the others supposedly? Exiled by Ben, huh?

Hmmm. Wonder if the Ajira Air survivors are somehow linked to the 815 flight survivors - Ana Lucia, Libby etc????

ForeverAutumn
02-26-2009, 06:35 AM
Hmmm. Wonder if the Ajira Air survivors are somehow linked to the 815 flight survivors - Ana Lucia, Libby etc????

It struck me that no one that we saw from the Ajira air flight seems particularly upset about having just been in a plane crash.

And they seemed pretty organized and in control, the injured had been treated, etc. when Locke arrived. So how long was it between the plane crash and the Losties arriving from the bright light. Because it sure didn't seem like Locke arrived with the rest of them.

I'm assuming that the Pilot and the lady that he took off with were Lapidus and Sun. So does that mean that they crashed rather than disappeared in the light?

I'm also willing to bet that we haven't seen the last of Abbadon.

Kam
02-26-2009, 09:24 AM
also a few weeks ago in the episode where our Losties were all time jumping around on the island, when they came to the beach, didn't they see an Ajira Air water bottle? and then they saw the canoe thingy and were chased and shot at by some people. wonder if that's this group now.

and the chick escorting sayid and the lil dude that talked to jack by the ticket counter seem WAY too together. he was obviously looking for something. seems like we got a whole new set of motives and behind the scenes stories with the ajira air crew.

Worf101
02-26-2009, 10:08 AM
Too...
Many.....
Questions.....
Mind......
About......
To...
Explode!!!!!!

1. Is this war, between Ben and Whidmore and their respective forces?
2. Is this war between Losties/Elders and everyone else?
3. Who's going to kill Ben first? He HAS to die, he must die. I believe that if Sayid doesn't kill him, Locke finally will.
4. The two New Lost Leaders are definately part of Whidmore's crew.
5. Was it Ben and the newbies chasing and shooting at the ole school Losites?
6. Now that everyone's back, the time shifts appear to still be happening.

My brain hurts.

Da Worfster

kexodusc
02-26-2009, 10:14 AM
also a few weeks ago in the episode where our Losties were all time jumping around on the island, when they came to the beach, didn't they see an Ajira Air water bottle? and then they saw the canoe thingy and were chased and shot at by some people. wonder if that's this group now.

and the chick escorting sayid and the lil dude that talked to jack by the ticket counter seem WAY too together. he was obviously looking for something. seems like we got a whole new set of motives and behind the scenes stories with the ajira air crew.
Mebbe they work for Widmore, or they're Dharma Initiative leftovers? Something odd about them though, I agree.

All will be revealed in time...

topspeed
02-26-2009, 10:40 AM
I want to know why both Widmore and Ben keep telling Locke he has to be the leader? Leader of what? Widmore definitely made a good point about how he has never tried to kill him, a nice piece of forshadowing for the end of the episode.

On an aside, Jimmy Kimmel does a "Secrets of Lost" on Wednesdays that offer amazing insight into the show. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTHCWfP4q_8&feature=channel_page

if one of you guys can imbed this, I'd appreciate it.

ForeverAutumn
02-26-2009, 11:15 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZTHCWfP4q_8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZTHCWfP4q_8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

topspeed
02-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks FA!

What is the code for that? Is it something simple like ?

I have to say, I laughed so hard last night, I almost woke my wife up!

ForeverAutumn
02-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks FA!

What is the code for that? Is it something simple like ?

I have to say, I laughed so hard last night, I almost woke my wife up!

When you go into You Tube, to the right of the video you should see a box with 'URL' and 'Embed'. Just highlight the embed link, right click and copy it and then come here and paste it. It's that simple. :)

ForeverAutumn
02-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Did Ben just keep Locke alive long enough to learn about Eloise Hawking?

I think that Ben knows about Eloise but he wants to keep others from finding out about her. He snapped and killed Locke when Locke mentioned her name. And he looked shocked when Desmond showed up in front of the Church and mentioned her as Faraday's mother.

My take on Ben is that he's hungry for power. He’s an insecure little boy who had an unhappy childhood, with his own daddy issues, and he needs to be the top guy. That's why he arranged the Dharmacide. He was nobody in Dharma, but he could be the King of The Others.

Things are beginning to spin out of control for Ben. When we first met Ben he was the leader of The Others, in control and able to manipulate everyone. He’s since seen his position replaced by Locke. And so he turns his attention to the Losties. But as his relationship with the Losties has developed he's gained the trust of some and not of others. It must be very frustrating for him to not have control and be able to manipulate the O6.

Ben has an agenda and a lot of secrets to keep. Eloise Hawking is one of those secrets. Only now some of his secrets are getting out and he’s trying desperately to keep that from happening. So he murders Locke. He’s probably killed or at least tried to kill Penny…perhaps to try to keep Desmond quiet as well as settle the score with Widmore. What we don’t know is his motivation for doing all of this. Is he really trying to save the island or is he just trying to save himself?

kexodusc
02-26-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't think Widmore is the good guy yet. He did break his buddy's neck without a second thought or any remorse before running back to Richard's camp. That dude's blood runs cold.

But I like FA's comments on Ben. He's definitely clinging to power and trying to keep ahead of something - knowledge of Eloise or whatever it might be.

Kam
02-27-2009, 07:07 AM
for some reason, (maybe my own lunacy) i get the impression that Ben's motivation is something very simple. like he has a loved one that he is trying to save through the Island, or take revenge on because of what happenned on the Island, etc. The way he acted after his "daughter" was killed, even when it wasn't his blood daughter, makes me think that something to a blood relative or wife character happenned and sent Ben off the deep end to the degree that he has, that absolutely nothing and no one else matters to him because of that loss or to regain that lost love/loved one.

and i'm definitely not on the widmore bandwagon, this was just the first time i didn't hate him haha. it'll be great if our own lil Lostie board here becomes devided into Widmore and Ben camps hahahahahahah...... haha.... ha...... hehe....

hmm.... why don't you all just type a little slower... and keep your hands where i can see them. that's good.... niiiiice and slow.

Groundbeef
02-27-2009, 07:25 AM
There are supposed to be some Ben-centric shows this season that help define who/why Ben is the way he is now.

I wasn't suprised that he killed Locke. I figured something was up when he had a funny look on his face when Locke said that Jin was still alive. And then when Locke dropped the name of the woman he was to meet, I knew he was a goner.

I don't think that Ben expects that Locke will come back to life when he is returned to the Island.

I also have to say that I was rather amused at the lackluster behavior of the 2nd plane survivors. Something is up with that bunch. And where exactly are the injured being held? It appeared to be some sort of building, but what buildings were around the beach in the original "when"? Something goofy is going on.

kexodusc
02-27-2009, 07:30 AM
We still need to figure out exactly where Jacob plays into all of this. Is he a higher power or something? I think Ben is just following some rules to a very high stakes game of some sort - everything he does is a calculated strategic decision. Never personal.

kexodusc
02-27-2009, 07:33 AM
There are supposed to be some Ben-centric shows this season that help define who/why Ben is the way he is now.

I wasn't suprised that he killed Locke. I figured something was up when he had a funny look on his face when Locke said that Jin was still alive. And then when Locke dropped the name of the woman he was to meet, I knew he was a goner.

I don't think that Ben expects that Locke will come back to life when he is returned to the Island.

I also have to say that I was rather amused at the lackluster behavior of the 2nd plane survivors. Something is up with that bunch. And where exactly are the injured being held? It appeared to be some sort of building, but what buildings were around the beach in the original "when"? Something goofy is going on.
We knew something was up with those Ajira passengers when the guy gave Jack his condolences for Locke in line at the terminal. It just had a weird feel about it.

ForeverAutumn
02-27-2009, 08:24 AM
I wonder if Locke's death comes down to faith vs. science. There are a lot of biblical references and symbolism throughout Lost. Locke may have to die, but maybe the island won't accept him if he commits suicide because it's a sin.

I'm trying to figure out why Ben would try to stop Locke from committing suicide and then kill him. I mean, if Ben wants to lead The Others again he would be better off with Locke dead. Allowing him to commit suicide takes care of the problem without leaving any blood on Ben's hands. No. There has to be a reason for this.

kexodusc
02-27-2009, 09:40 AM
I wonder if Locke's death comes down to faith vs. science. There are a lot of biblical references and symbolism throughout Lost. Locke may have to die, but maybe the island won't accept him if he commits suicide because it's a sin.
You mean Ben knew Locke had to die, but it couldn't be by his own doing, so Ben had to kill him? WOW...that's cool...it's probably right!

I'm trying to figure out why Ben would try to stop Locke from committing suicide and then kill him. I mean, if Ben wants to lead The Others again he would be better off with Locke dead. Allowing him to commit suicide takes care of the problem without leaving any blood on Ben's hands. No. There has to be a reason for this.
Unless the information about Eloise somehow changed everything once Locke knew it.

Did you notice Jeremy Bentham's passport was Canadian?

ForeverAutumn
02-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Did you notice Jeremy Bentham's passport was Canadian?

No, I didn't. Was it? That crazy Canucklehead!

Groundbeef
02-27-2009, 12:27 PM

Not sure if suicide is a sin. Some claim, but do they really know? I think that it had more to do with Ben not really knowing why Locke was there. Remember, Locke has had discussions with Richard, and Jacob, that Ben was not privy too. I think the Jin angle was a genuine suprise.

I don't think that Ben expects Locke to come back to life. I think that it was just going to be a pawn for him to use to lure the others back.

Now, if we take this 1 step more, did Jack's father come back to life? Is he alive? If he is tight with Jacob, or in fact is Jacob, did he come back to life after the plane crashed before?

That sure would make his interactions with Jack in season 1 mean a lot more.

Kam
03-04-2009, 07:04 PM
the four toed statue!!! finally! :-D

we saw the four toed statue! from behind at least.

oh yeah and who is the new born baby? born in 1977.... so the kid would be in their 30s on the flight... with Amy and Horace Goodspeed as the parents.... any "Goodspeeds" from before?

edit: so Horace appeared to Locke in season 4, Cabin Fever, as a dead apparition saying he'd been dead for 12 years.......

ForeverAutumn
03-04-2009, 08:02 PM
That statue was huge! What the heck happened that reduced it to nothing more than a big four toed foot?!!!

Best line of the night was when Sawyer asked to talk to "Your buddy out there with the eyeliner". LMAO!

topspeed
03-04-2009, 10:32 PM
One of the things I think LOST does better than most any other show is character development. This episode was a terrific example as for the first time, Sawyer was at peace. He wasn't looking for the man that destroyed his parents. He wasn't looking for a way out of a con. For the first time in his life, it seemed like he had finally found his place in the world and was truly happy with Juliette.

And then Kate shows up. :(

Since we're in '74 (or is it '77?), with the truce still in place, does that mean the "War" that Ben and Widmore keep referring to is the battle between the Dharmites and Others? Ben used the Losties to return to the island before the holocaust, back to when he was still in power. Only now, he has the advantage of knowing the future.

Hmmm...

kexodusc
03-05-2009, 06:14 AM
I don't think the war is between the Dharma Initiative and the Others, because we know how that ends....Ben nukes em' all with nasty gas.

I believe it was 1977 at the end of the 3 years they were there. But I'm willing to be corrected.

This was a great episode. Sawyer's dialogue and delivery is always top notch. That giant statue wasn't far from where the "Temple" is/was. Good move by Sawyer bringing up the Black Rock.

Only problem I had with the episode (minor gripe that doesn't ruin it for me). When Dharma lady fools everyone into walking through the sonic fence. You'd think they'd go 1 at a time with a gun still on her to test it out instead of all 5 going at once and getting knocked out. What are the odds they all penetrate the field at exactly the same time so that none of them can stop and step back and shoot her? Buncha dummies...some plan by the former 24 actress Reiko Aylesworth (one of my favs) too...lucky for her they were stupid.

I love all these back in time encounters by the Losties...they know so much about the future, yet what happened, happened and nothing changes it.

Groundbeef
03-05-2009, 06:39 AM
My TIVO f*cked up. I moved my equipment over the weekend, and didn't put the "eye" right for the TIVO to switch the channels correctly on my DirecTV receiver. So instead of the first 5 min of Lost I was treated to the Food Network.

Can someone give me a quick recap of the first 5 min? When I switched it over, the 2 dudes were in the Dharma area, 1 was dancing with a girl, and the other was mad that she was in there. Then they went to get Sawyer.

What led up to that? Many thanks.

I thought a first the baby might be Ben. But then I thought maybe it's Danial?

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2009, 06:47 AM
So the O6 have to go back to the island or their friends will die. Up until last night, I always assumed that they would die because of something to do with the island, like it blows up, or that the time travel kills them. But now I'm thinking that they have to be convinced to leave the Dharma Initiative or they become victims of the Dharmacide. Do we know what year it was when Ben gassed them all?

I agree with the comments about Sawyer's character development. When he picked the flower for Juliet I thought, no way Sawyer isn't that kind of guy. But then I realized that he wasn't the same angry Sawyer that we had previously known. And Juliet, who reluctantly gave Sawyer two weeks, stayed for three more years? I'm still having a hard time with that one.

Last week when Locke was talking to Widmore, he said that it had been only 4 days since he started time shifting. And Widmore told him that for the O6, three years had passed. Now we see that the people left on the island have been in Dharma for three years. Is there a connection? Was this done to bring everyone three years into the future? Even though Sawyer and Juliet's future is really the past? I'm so confused.

And what the hell happened to the rest of the Losties? Where are Rose and Bernard in all of this?

Sugar Beats
03-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Okay, So many things!

First burning question for me is Who is the Baby?!!!

I think Sawyer and Juliet are good together. With Jack out of the pic for 3 yrs. Sawyer has had a chance to let go of lying, did you notice how he told nothing to Richard (aka eyeliner) but the Truth!
Also w/ Jack gone, Sawyer or "Jim" has been able to emerge in more of a leadership role. I thought him giving Juliet the flower was so sweet & they really seem happy & authentic together. My favorite quote by Sawyer last night was to Amy when he said (re: Horace) "That'll be in a coconut telegram by morning." Oh & Horace telling him "Don't take this the wrong way, but you're not Dharma material." Those were both good.

THE STATUE? It was weird to see it from behind. I read someone's blog this morning w/ a theory that it's Egyptian and may be "Anubis" the god to protect the dead and bring them into the afterlife. Who knows?!!!

Now that Jack & Kate are back on the island after 3 yrs. of living off of it, been together, even engaged & broken up... what kind of love (it's not a triangle anymore, so what would you call it?) "thing" is going to take place now that Juliet & Sawyer have been together and told each
other they loved one another. So what's going to happen now?
I want Juliet & Sawyer to stay together... possible long shot, but I can still hope.

ForeverAutumn
03-05-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm not sure if the baby will turn out to be anyone we know or whether it's just to show that babies could be born on the island at one time. I read a theory that it was the Dharmacide gassing that affected the ability of babies being carried to term.

I liked the scene where Daniel sees Charlotte as a young girl. We've kind of come full circle there. Just before Charlotte died she told Daniel about the strange man who told her that she must get off the island and never come back, and how she thought that strange man was Daniel. And now here we are with Daniel as a man and Charlotte as a young girl. Are they travelling in a loop? Will Daniel warn this young girl (again) to leave the island?

I also like Sawyer and Juliet as a couple. Kate is starting to get on my nerves. She doesn't know what she wants. She had her chance with Sawyer and she blew him off for Jack. It would serve her right for Sawyer to move on and find happiness with Juliet. Although, I still get the feeling that Juliet will be dead before this is all over.

Kam
03-05-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm not sure if the baby will turn out to be anyone we know or whether it's just to show that babies could be born on the island at one time. I read a theory that it was the Dharmacide gassing that affected the ability of babies being carried to term.

I liked the scene where Daniel sees Charlotte as a young girl. We've kind of come full circle there. Just before Charlotte died she told Daniel about the strange man who told her that she must get off the island and never come back, and how she thought that strange man was Daniel. And now here we are with Daniel as a man and Charlotte as a young girl. Are they travelling in a loop? Will Daniel warn this young girl (again) to leave the island?

I also like Sawyer and Juliet as a couple. Kate is starting to get on my nerves. She doesn't know what she wants. She had her chance with Sawyer and she blew him off for Jack. It would serve her right for Sawyer to move on and find happiness with Juliet. Although, I still get the feeling that Juliet will be dead before this is all over.

i wonder if these punks will give us that carrot of a newborn baby to Amy and Horace and then just drop it as no other connection, even though Horace has already appeared in 'spirit' state to Locke. figures they'd do something like that, big ol opportunity for a major connection and they just leave us hanging. then again, they have enough questions to answer as it is!

i think the charlotte/daniel affair is a time paradox loop that an outside observer would be caught in following, but not to them. Daniel's future - showing up "now" to see charlotte as a kid, is Charlotte's past. so when she see's him in HER future, those events hadn't happened for Daniel yet. But now Daniel goes forward in HIS time from 1974 onwards until either another time jump or something happens. Kind of like Richard Alpert telling Locke what to tell him in his own past so he'll understand. Since we have people travelling in two different directions time-wise, it makes for really interesting interactions!!

also i think Ben told Locke when the attack occurred, or at least i remember there being some sort of reference point as to how long Ben had been there before he led the Others against Dharma. Or i'm just remembering something out of nowhere, as is want to happen with me. will have to search around and see when that happenned.

and add me onto the "what the heck happenned to reduce the giant statue to a foot?" event.

Kam
03-05-2009, 09:42 PM
had to share...... i get on the subway after work today and look up and who do i see? my boy! good 'ol bruce campbell again! no one was talking to him this time, but i decided not to say anything either. he didn't seem to recognize me from the last time we rode the subway together.

kexodusc
03-06-2009, 05:53 AM
had to share...... i get on the subway after work today and look up and who do i see? my boy! good 'ol bruce campbell again! no one was talking to him this time, but i decided not to say anything either. he didn't seem to recognize me from the last time we rode the subway together.

He was probably just too shy and intimidated to talk toy Kam buddy...didn't want to disturb you in your daily activities, seein' as how you get enough of that already...
:cornut:

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2009, 09:28 AM
ARGH! It's only Tuesday and I'm already feeling the effects of withdrawal!

Eight

more

days

!

Kam
03-10-2009, 11:57 AM
ARGH! It's only Tuesday and I'm already feeling the effects of withdrawal!

Eight

more

days

!
woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh!

no new episode tomorrow????

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2009, 12:17 PM
woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh! woh!

no new episode tomorrow????

Nuh uh! Tomorrow is an enhanced repeat of LeFluer (last week's epi) at 9:00. No new episode until March 18. I don't know why.

Before the preview after last week's show the voice said..."In two weeks on Lost".

:(

kexodusc
03-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Hmmm, maybe the voice was like, skipping to the future in 2 weeks, but really tomorrow we'll get to see a new show, then in 2 weeks, we'll get flash back to the past, which is really our future, but it'll seem like the present when we watch the first time because what happens, happens...or happened....

Sugar Beats
03-11-2009, 07:03 PM
I just read something interesting!

Inside sources say a major character death is coming! And the person leaving the show (actor) was not the first to know!

Here is the info the article provided:

A current regular is getting killed off before the end of season 5. It is a real/leaving the show death ie. Charlie & Shannon.
The character getting killed off is not Kate.
The person being "killed" off just learned their fate last week!

Who will it be? Not sure, but promises in ususal "Lost" fashion to be surprising, awesome & jaw-dropping!

I wonder who it is? Just one more thing to think about!

Brett A
03-12-2009, 06:42 AM
I just read something interesting!

Inside sources say a major character death is coming! And the person leaving the show (actor) was not the first to know!

I wonder who it is? Just one more thing to think about!
I'd say Faraday. I think the plot is done with him.

ForeverAutumn
03-12-2009, 07:06 AM
I'd say Faraday. I think the plot is done with him.

Hmmm. Interesting. I'm not sure that I'd consider Faraday a major character. But I agree that the plot may be done with him.

Speaking of plot and character. What's the deal with Miles? They've been stringing along this ghost whisperer with no real purpose for too long now.

kexodusc
03-12-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm guessing the island needs Miles to communicated with a dead person or dead people at some point in the future...

I'd bet on Juliet getting offed. Not sure how "major" she is. I thought Jin for awhile but now I don't think so...think he's destined for the happily ever after ending.

Sayid and Hurley - Hurley's number stuff and ability to find the house sorta makes him important somehow. Sayid might sacrifice himself to save others like Charlie did.

Can't see them offing Sawyer, but that would have the most impact I think for fans.

Groundbeef
03-12-2009, 09:52 AM
I'm guessing the island needs Miles to communicated with a dead person or dead people at some point in the future...

I'd bet on Juliet getting offed. Not sure how "major" she is. I thought Jin for awhile but now I don't think so...think he's destined for the happily ever after ending.

Sayid and Hurley - Hurley's number stuff and ability to find the house sorta makes him important somehow. Sayid might sacrifice himself to save others like Charlie did.

Can't see them offing Sawyer, but that would have the most impact I think for fans.

Methinks I saw somewhere that Jin is done this season. It would make sense. No happy ending for Sun afterall.

Sugar Beats
03-12-2009, 10:02 AM
I think it may be Jin as well.

Killing off Sawyer would really be surprising & jaw-dropping...isn't that the kind of thing writers love to do! Then both Juliet & Kate would lose someone they love.

Oh! I guess we'll have to wait & see!

ForeverAutumn
03-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I think it may be Jin as well.

Killing off Sawyer would really be surprising & jaw-dropping...isn't that the kind of thing writers love to do! Then both Juliet & Kate would lose someone they love.

Oh! I guess we'll have to wait & see!

They could off Jack and have the same effect. And I wouldn't miss Jack, but NOT MY SAWYER!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Maybe they'll kill off Juliet so that we end up back with the original Kate/Jack/Sawyer triangle. Plus it would really hurt Ben to lose Juliet. Bwaahaaahaaaa.

If they really want bang for their buck where the fans are concerned, they'll kill off Hurley. He's the fan favourite by a long mile.

Groundbeef
03-12-2009, 11:47 AM
They could off Jack and have the same effect. And I wouldn't miss Jack, but NOT MY SAWYER!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Maybe they'll kill off Juliet so that we end up back with the original Kate/Jack/Sawyer triangle. Plus it would really hurt Ben to lose Juliet. Bwaahaaahaaaa.

If they really want bang for their buck where the fans are concerned, they'll kill off Hurley. He's the fan favourite by a long mile.

No, I disagree with Hurley. Here is my rationale for Jin.
1. He's a main character, but not "KEY". He served his purpose, and going forward he really doesn't have much of a story to tell, or need to be around for.

2. Hurley is untouchable. He is too intertwined with the numbers to be killed off.

3. To kill Jack, or for that matter Sawyer would be detrimental to the series. The writers are crafty, not stupid. Both are really required for the storyline to proceed with cohereance and continuity. While not as tied to the numbers as Hurley, they are "KEY". I won't rule out the possiblity that they could die next season, but not now.

4. Locke. I don't think he will "die", but I think that perhaps although he is alive now on the island, he can never leave "alive" again. He is dead off the island.

Again, pure speculation.

ForeverAutumn
03-12-2009, 12:13 PM
What you say makes sense my bovine friend.

And if Jin is alive, then Sun has no reason to want to get even with Ben. I can't see the writers just difusing her anger like that. "Oh, Jin is alive? So sorry that I tried to kill you Ben. Won't you forgive me".

I think that you're right. Jin must go. My guess is that he sacrifices his life for Sun's...possibly at the hands of Ben.

Sugar Beats
03-12-2009, 12:20 PM
So are we all placing our bets on Jin?

Sounds like it! What could we do to make this fun?

Any ideas anyone?

Groundbeef
03-12-2009, 12:54 PM
So are we all placing our bets on Jin?

Sounds like it! What could we do to make this fun?

Any ideas anyone?

SB, about the only idea I had was to ask you to change your font color. I'm not sure why, but it is difficult to read. Could you change to like a blue or black? About the only other color that would be worse is either red or yellow.

Thanks for any consideration in that matter.

And I will stick with Jin, as my reasons are stated above. I think bragging rights are about the best we can offer.

Sugar Beats
03-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Jeez Beefy, dare I ask a question, and end up w/ a reply I don't like!

I do like the pink, but I guess I can change it! Humph!

Is this better?

GMichael
03-12-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm going to guess Sawyer.

Mostly because it would get FA excited.

Groundbeef
03-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Jeez Beefy, dare I ask a question, and end up w/ a reply I don't like!

I do like the pink, but I guess I can change it! Humph!

Is this better?

Much. Thank you.

ForeverAutumn
03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
I want to grow up to be just like Sun. That woman is freakin' awesome. Using Ben to get to the boat and then whacking him on the head. "I lied". That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. You go girl!

And that kid who played Ben was a dead ringer (but I don't think was the same kid who originally played him when he arrived on the Island w/his dad). I knew who he was long before he said his name. Where did they find that actor?!

And the baby born last week was Ethan. I didn't see that one coming. How did Ethan get from Dharma baby to Other? Hmmmmm.

kexodusc
03-19-2009, 07:12 AM
And the baby born last week was Ethan. I didn't see that one coming. How did Ethan get from Dharma baby to Other? Hmmmmm.

Wonder if the Hostiles were kidnapping kids and pilfered Ethan?

Wonder if Sayid might be the guy that gets offed? I like his character but he seems to have the least number of attachments and outstanding storylines to resolve. He's just a tragedy, wondering the island looking for revenge now I think. Doesn't even want to be there. Seems like he'd be the least missed character overall.

ForeverAutumn
03-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Wonder if the Hostiles were kidnapping kids and pilfered Ethan?

Wonder if Sayid might be the guy that gets offed? I like his character but he seems to have the least number of attachments and outstanding storylines to resolve. He's just a tragedy, wondering the island looking for revenge now I think. Doesn't even want to be there. Seems like he'd be the least missed character overall.

I hadn't thought about Sayid that way. He was such an important character in the early seasons but, you're right, he really doesn't seem to have much going for him right now in the way of storyline and needing to keep him around.

Maybe Sawyer needs to kill him in order to keep his own cover from being blown. I can certainly see where Sawyer and Juliet are no longer sitting on the same side of the fence as Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid. Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid came back to the island to try and save Sawyer et al. But Sawyer said last night that he needed to stop them from ruining the good thing that he and Juliet had going there. They don't appear to want to be saved anymore.

Three other observations/questions from last night show.

1. Why didn't Sun time-travel with the rest of them? How come she stayed with the plane?

2. There was a runway on the island! Remember when Sawyer and Kate were being held by The Others and they were forced into manual labour? Juliet told them that they were building a runway but she didn't know why. Did someone know that this plane would need a place to land three years in the future? Is this like the Desmond/Charlie thing where Desmond had obviously experienced Charlie's death (by various means) in the past? Had the plane crashed there before?

3. Did anyone catch the irony that Juliet helped Ethan get born and then Ethan was the one who recruited Juliet almost 30 years later? :shocked:

kexodusc
03-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Maybe Sawyer needs to kill him in order to keep his own cover from being blown. I can certainly see where Sawyer and Juliet are no longer sitting on the same side of the fence as Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid. Jack, Kate, Hurley and Sayid came back to the island to try and save Sawyer et al. But Sawyer said last night that he needed to stop them from ruining the good thing that he and Juliet had going there. They don't appear to want to be saved anymore.
Hmm, I think they want to be saved, but only saved the right way at the right time.

Three other observations/questions from last night show.

1. Why didn't Sun time-travel with the rest of them? How come she stayed with the plane?
Same for Ben/Locke...I think because Ben wasn't on the original plane, Locke was dead, and Sun, well maybe her having the ring? Or maybe - remember there were 2 sections of the plane that divided the original losties...maybe the recreation had to divide them again?

2. There was a runway on the island! Remember when Sawyer and Kate were being held by The Others and they were forced into manual labour? Juliet told them that they were building a runway but she didn't know why. Did someone know that this plane would need a place to land three years in the future? Is this like the Desmond/Charlie thing where Desmond had obviously experienced Charlie's death (by various means) in the past? Had the plane crashed there before?
Interesting - yeah, maybe when they meet up later Lapidus leaves a note somewhere for the future Others to build a runway?

3. Did anyone catch the irony that Juliet helped Ethan get born and then Ethan was the one who recruited Juliet almost 30 years later? :shocked:
Yeah, I thought it was also pretty cool how they were modelling the Swan station.

ForeverAutumn
03-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I thought it was also pretty cool how they were modelling the Swan station.

That one actually slipped past me. Good catch.

Worf101
03-24-2009, 04:44 AM
Great episode last week. I didn't get to watch it off the DVR until Sunday night. WOW.

1. Loved the "dressing down" that Sawyer/LeFleur gave Jack. He was spot on, Sawyer's lived by his wits all his life. Life and death consequences on almost every turn of the cards, Dr. McMoody know's less, particularly about women than he thinks he does. Good job.

2. How does Sun go back 30 years in time, or bring them 30 years forward in time?

3. WTF is gonna happen when one of them meets themselves? Or is that closed off, precluded entirely because they've changed the future?

4. This program has the uncanny ability to introduce "red shirts" that you immediately can't wait to see die. The dome designer needs his head caved in quickly and bloodily.

5. Goodness how I love this show.

6. Jack's a prick, so's Kate, they can't leave anyone or anything alone. I've never met two more self absorbed characters in my life. Sawyer and Juliette have had 3 years of love and happiness, let em be will ya?

Da Worfster

ForeverAutumn
03-25-2009, 12:12 PM
6. Jack's a prick, so's Kate, they can't leave anyone or anything alone. I've never met two more self absorbed characters in my life. Sawyer and Juliette have had 3 years of love and happiness, let em be will ya?

Da Worfster

You know, all season I've been annoyed as hell by Kate and couldn't figure out why. Maybe that's the reason. She's just too into Kate.

It looks like the chits gonna hit the fan tonight! I can't wait!

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://widgets.abc.go.com/o/48bda4baaf82f1d1/49ca902f7c3b8611/48bda4baaf82f1d1/c50dae3e/-cpid/539b45baa1d926ee" id="W48bda4baaf82f1d149ca902f7c3b8611" width="308" height="235"><param name="movie" value="http://widgets.abc.go.com/o/48bda4baaf82f1d1/49ca902f7c3b8611/48bda4baaf82f1d1/c50dae3e/-cpid/539b45baa1d926ee" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>

ForeverAutumn
03-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!

Best ending ever!

Groundbeef
03-26-2009, 02:49 AM
Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!

Best ending ever!

Wow, that was a shocker. Now, here is the $64,000 question. What happens to Ben in other "whens"? Does he die or what? And if he does die, I guess that would answer what main character dies!

I didn't see that coming. I thought for some reason he was going to kill Jin, but hadn't thought about him killing Ben. This is such a big event. I'm going to have to ponder how this is going to play out.

And it seems that the happy village is going to end soon. This is getting good.

Worf101
03-26-2009, 06:11 AM
Wow, that was a shocker. Now, here is the $64,000 question. What happens to Ben in other "whens"? Does he die or what? And if he does die, I guess that would answer what main character dies!

I didn't see that coming. I thought for some reason he was going to kill Jin, but hadn't thought about him killing Ben. This is such a big event. I'm going to have to ponder how this is going to play out.

And it seems that the happy village is going to end soon. This is getting good.
I knew Sayid was gonna kill the kid as soon as he began giving the kid the fish eye in the jail cell. I said "oh ohhhh, there's that look in his eye".

I for one think that Ben's Death is whats starts causing the rift in the Space Time continum. In the preview they're sitting around talking about how they caused all this. When they left, they set themselves up to "come back" but in coming back to the wrong time they've not ruptured the future by altering the past ie poppin' a cap in young Ben's ass. Wish he'da shot his Daddy while he was at it too.

Da Worfster

Groundbeef
03-26-2009, 07:51 AM
I for one think that Ben's Death is whats starts causing the rift in the Space Time continum. In the preview they're sitting around talking about how they caused all this. When they left, they set themselves up to "come back" but in coming back to the wrong time they've not ruptured the future by altering the past ie poppin' a cap in young Ben's ass. Wish he'da shot his Daddy while he was at it too.

Da Worfster

Well, depending upon your particular view of time travel, this is the much discussed "Going back in time and killing Hitler" senario.

According to Faraday, they can't alter the past. So, in shooting Ben, did Sayid REALLY change anything? After all, Ben "killed" Locke by shooting him in the chest. But then Walt told him to get out of the pit. So there is the chance that Ben isn't dead. Or that little Ben has been "pre-warned" of this turn of event by Old Ben (ala- Back to the Future). Maybe he was wearing body armor and isnt dead.

Alternatly, Sayid has killed Ben. This would upset the time-space continum. But only in alternate universes. As the OC6 have already "lived" with the existance of Ben, that universe will continue as though it has already happened. But going forward, the 1977 universe they are in, will become drastically different.

My head hurts.

ForeverAutumn
03-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Something I noticed...When Young Ben was talking to Sayid just before he helped him escape, and they were talking about Ben's father, Young Ben said, "I hated him". Not "I hate him". I watched this twice and he definately spoke in the past tense.

At first I thought that maybe Ben's dad was in the burning van. But didn't we see Ben kill him as the start of the Dharmacide in a previous season? So maybe Young Ben actually changed the flow of the future by killing his daddy too soon.

Do we know for sure that Young Ben is dead? Will the Island heal him? Will Jacob protect him? Will Richard come and save him? Will next Wednesday come soon enough?

ForeverAutumn
03-26-2009, 07:57 AM
And the beginning of the show...

I loved the scene where Sayid's brother didn't want to kill the chicken but Sayid came over and did it without batting an eye. My husband (who doesn't watch the show but is subjected to listening to me talk about it) watched this scene and said, "natural born killer". That about sums it up.

And what about the pretty bounty hunter? Who is she working for? Ben or Widmore?

ForeverAutumn
03-26-2009, 04:12 PM
I was just watching a rerun of Law & Order, SVU and Ben was in it. He played a guy who bought a Nigerian child who was smuggled to the US. He kept the kid as a sex slave while his wife was on a two month trip, and then murdered the kid before his wife got home.

It was a hard episode to watch. But, as usual, Ben's acting was amazing. Those big, wide open, disbelieving eyes as he pleads his innocence and then the passing look of evil when he realizes that they've got him. It gave me chills.

topspeed
03-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Best

Show

Ever!

That's all I've go to say. That, and I find it hilarious that the ad banner on top of AR as I type this is to take the Lost Challenge.