Ice Storm [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ice Storm

Worf101
12-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Currently have 4 folks scattered about my house that normally don't live here. We in the Northeast are buried under ice. Jeanne and Ray are on their second day with no heat or electricity, stoves workin though, and a single mum with her 5 year old will be taking over my puter room and sleeping on the futon for the duration. Kinda rugged out here. Hundreds of thousands without power and I have to head to the SEMO bunker soon (State Emergency Management Office) to help coordinate power restoration.

But I'm thankful, we're all alive, got heat and grub and can help some folks out. I might not be on for a while.

Much love...

Da Worfster

kexodusc
12-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Yeah, we got it pretty bad as far up as NB, Canada...not as bad as you guys but it was 30-40 mills of ice rain and 10 cm's of snow or so. Nasty stuff that makes you just want to stay home and wait for mother nature to sort herself out.

Anyway, not surprise to see the House of Worf open its doors to honorable folk in need...

Get to work, people who don't know you and will never thank you are counting on you...stay safe.

bobsticks
12-13-2008, 06:56 PM
Keep yer head low and don't leave any footprints.

Stay safe.

ForeverAutumn
12-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Best of luck to everyone hit by this storm. Worf, I'm not surprised to hear that you have taken people into your home. I'm frequently humbled by the good people on this site and honoured to be in your virtual presence.

What 'sticks said...stay safe.

basite
12-14-2008, 02:28 AM
best of luck worf...

stay safe dude!

peace,
Bert.

thekid
12-14-2008, 03:30 AM
Worf

Good to hear you are doing well. Ice storms are really frustrating and dangerous since unlike snow that you can dig your way out of you are at the mercy of the temperature.

Keep all 4 tires on the road and good luck getting the grid back up soon!

Groundbeef
12-14-2008, 06:20 AM
I pray for all those caught in the storm.

Particularly those caught in Worf's living room while he re-enacts Hamlet wearing his Romulan outfit, and only speaking in Romulan.

God help us all!

JohnMichael
12-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Worf you are a good man. Providing shelter to others is such a great act of kindness. Keep yourself safe.

Worf101
12-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Just back from my 12 hour shift in the Bunker. About 48% restored. Jeanne, Ray and cats now have power and are back home as are mother and child. Couldn't find much gas and food was a little "tight" but we're starting to come round and temps are warming. Thanks for the love folks....

Da Worfster

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Worf,
I am glad that things are looking up, and didn't catch the ice storm news until today. I needed to get out of town for the weekend as things from tomorrow going forward are going to get ugly and nice at the same time. 30 more days, and that brand spankin new state of the art post production facility will be done. Already booked for all of 2009 and about a quarter of 2010!

The world is a better place just because of people like you bro.

Woochifer
12-14-2008, 06:08 PM
I've always said that this board would be a better place if more of us asked "what would Worf say?" before posting.

Your neighbors and your community are lucky to have you. Good luck! :thumbsup:

emesbee
12-14-2008, 10:13 PM
I pray for all those caught in the storm.

Particularly those caught in Worf's living room while he re-enacts Hamlet wearing his Romulan outfit, and only speaking in Romulan.

God help us all!

Well, its either that or Klingon opera!

Seriously though, an ice storm is something that would never be experienced in this part of the world. It never snows here, for one thing. We get the other extreme, droughts, high temperatures and bushfires.

Hope everyone gets through the storm unscathed.

Worf101
12-15-2008, 06:06 AM
I've always said that this board would be a better place if more of us asked "what would Worf say?" before posting.

Your neighbors and your community are lucky to have you. Good luck! :thumbsup:
Stop it man. Klingons don't blush well, something about causing turtle heads to explode. I believe that, when one's needs are met, that 90 percent of people in this world want to and do do "the right thing". There's nothin' special about me. I just thank God I can help from time to time. I think everyone here, with one or two exceptions, would help folks in need. There's some very good people on this board.

Hey Terrance: Nice news on the post production facilty. Keep us apprised of what you're workin' on and what flicks "sound" like something to see.

Da Worfster

GMichael
12-15-2008, 07:17 AM
Great job Worf! Your neighbors are lucky to live near you.

We were lucky too. It only affected the higher elevations around here. We just got rain, but plenty of others a few miles away went without power for awhile. It was strange driving up the road seeing first the tops of trees frozen. I could see the frost line as I went up the incline until everything was frozen.