Need Help with STRDG820 & BDP-S550 Player - HD AUDIO ISSUE [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with STRDG820 & BDP-S550 Player - HD AUDIO ISSUE

Emmy600
12-12-2008, 01:32 PM
I am having an issue with my recently purchased sony receiver (strdg820) and sony bluray player (bdp-s550):

I have the bluray player set to bitstream the HD audio to the receiver and sometimes it will do that - I know its bitstreaming it and not decodingit itself because the TrueHD icon will light up on the receiver. But then i can play the same movie again (seconds later) and the receiver says it is playing LPCM multi-channel, so that tells me that now the bluray player is decoding the TrueHD instead of bitstreaming it like it was a few minutes prior. I'd like to note that no settings were changed in between the 2 playings. The only way to get the receiver to display that its playing the TrueHD is for me to shut the power off on the receiver and then turn it back on - it then will play the TrueHD. I've been going crazy trying to figure out why this is happening! I've read all the manuals, looked online, ect. and i can't find any answers or even anyone else experiencing this problem. I would greatly appreciate if anyone on this forum could help me figure this out - thx