A funny occurance! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A funny occurance!

audio amateur
12-12-2008, 08:05 AM
A couple weeks ago I moved my bed around, having it now longways instead of sideways, if that means anything. Anyway, I had to mess about with the left speaker's wire because it lies under the bed, this meant I unplugged it etc. So, ever since, bass had been less authoritative, and most importantly, the room gain around 40Hz had disappeared, which I attributed to the moving of the bed ( I did think that was a bit strange though). One piece I especially noticed this lack in bass was when playing Pachelbel's 'Chaconne in F minor' organ piece. In several places there are resounding lows that my B&W could actually play with this room gain at my listening position. (I highly recommend this piece by the way, it's beautiful). Anyway I was just thinking about this and checked the connections to see if they weren't maybe out of phase. Well, yes indeed, they were. For two weeks I'd had them out of phase, without realizing it! Glad I'll be having those pedal notes back:D

So all this came as a surprise and I felt like sharing it. You may think I'm:out:
:yesnod:

RoadRunner6
12-12-2008, 08:35 AM
A couple weeks ago I moved my bed around, having it now longways instead of sideways.....out of phase.....You may think I'm:out:

Oh no, no, not at all, old chap. I do imagine it's much more comfortable not having your head and feet hanging over the side of the bed now that you changed it.

RR6 :biggrin5:

(maybe something else is a little out of phase)

Ajani
12-12-2008, 08:46 AM
A couple weeks ago I moved my bed around, having it now longways instead of sideways, if that means anything. Anyway, I had to mess about with the left speaker's wire because it lies under the bed, this meant unplugged it etc. So, ever since, bass had been less authoritative, and most importantly, the room gain around 40Hz had disappeared, which I attributed to the moving of the bed ( I did think that was a bit strange though). One piece I especially noticed this lack in bass was when playing Pachelbel's 'Chaconne in F minor' organ piece. In several places there are resounding lows that my B&W could actually play with this room gain at my listening position. (I highly recommend this piece by the way, it's beautiful). Anyway I was just thinking about this and checked the connections to see if they weren't maybe out of phase. Well, yes indeed, they were. For two weeks I'd had them out of phase, without realizing it! Glad I'll be having those pedal notes back:D

So all this came as a surprise and I felt like sharing it. You may think I'm:out:

I think you've earned The SVI Award for audio excellence!!!!

Well done. Congratulations are most certainly in order :ciappa:

We might even be able to get Spanky to present you with the award in person... Now wouldn't that be a treat?

audio amateur
12-12-2008, 10:52 AM
LOL, I'm cracked up by you two..
Indeed, I can sleep better now, and nothing is out of phase anymore:D

Naim, Creek, Musical Fidelity or Roksan?
Totem, Monitor Audio, Final Sound or Martin Logan?
Rotel, Parasound, PS Audio or Emotiva?

Ajani, are you sure you're not a little :out: too?
Have you considered/heard any PMC speakers?
Cheers, AA.

By the way, I ain't impressed by the award. Thought I would deserve something better:19:

Auricauricle
12-12-2008, 10:58 AM
We're gonna need a bigger boat!

Losing phase....how humiliatin'!